“Cozy Guest House in Siem Reap”

Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa
Ranked #8 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Going to Siem Reap? Look no further. This wonderful Guest House is located just a few minutes from the town center and night markets. There are a few Tuk Tuk drivers always hanging around to take guests where they need to go or on private tours. The rooms are clean with fresh sheets and will kept. I stayed in a large bedroom downstairs with a queen bed and mosquito net. Air conditioning was strong and the bathroom clean. There is a nice patio outside for lounging around and warm breakfast served every morning in. Also, a recommendation for tourists staying only for one day: take the short tour of the temples. Start with the top 3 in the morning, and if you still want to see more, do those in the afternoon. If Pub Street is not your thing, ask a Tuk Tuk to take you to the roadside night market along Route 66. This is where all the locals go.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The experience I received at Bloom, run by the lovely Diana is beyond excellent. Friendly staff, clean beautiful rooms, free Wifi...etc..and Diana will go all out to make yr stay at SR a memorable one. With her extensive contacts, u will be rest assured that u wont be ripped off by some random tuktuk drivers n tour operators. She has trustworthy ones at her beck n call. Just tell her or her staff yr needs they will make sure they will get them 4 u. My partner n I stayed here twice n loved every minute.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Worst accomodations I have ever stayed at, ever.

PROS:
- Bottled water in the rooms
- Free airport pick-up
- A/C
- Bicycles (old, shaky, very dusty/dirty, semi-functional brakes, but got us around!)

CONS:
- Bathroom:
There is a reason why there are no pictures of the bathroom. Extra small room: Toilet-shower combo, water splashes everywhere, mold and mildew all over.
Cheap, tiny vanity and shelves are falling off the wall.
Rotten door (I later found out reviews about this rotten doors dating from 2011)
I asked for housekeeeping to kindly address the mold with desinfectant scrub. My request went by unattended.
Deficient lightining
( Considering owner is Singaporean, you would think of very high standards, as far as cleaning and attention to detail. No the case)
-Breakfast: austere, limited
- No toilettries ( I asked for soap bar to the attendant, to whic he responded they did not have any in the premises. I asked him: what do you use to wash your hands on the daily. He shrugged
Construction noise (hammering and chisseling) starts promptly at 7AM, no chance to sleep in.
Camp fire smoke (from property next door) fills up the room, and woke me up in the middle of the night a few times. Dust and ashes all over the rooms windows and surfaces
- Old box TV, pirate DVDs
- Location: DIRT roads, back roads through a shady neighborhood, with zero street lightining. Plan on getting completely covered in dust and dirt on your way to this place. (There are paved roads in Cambodia, just not thing one)
- On-site staff's communication are extremely limited

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, anywhere
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank N M
DianaSiemReap, Owner at Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we value the comments from all our guests as a means of improving our service & keeping our guests satisfied. As you can see from our reviews, we have had many satisfied customers over the years. We are sorry to hear that the property did not live up to your expectations. To address the issues you raised:
The toilet/shower bathroom is a common style in guesthouses in Asia, particularly in this price bracket. We do provide soap in all our rooms.
Our housekeeping staff scrub the bathrooms daily with disinfectant and dust the rooms daily.
Our location is on a dirt road, like many parts of Siem Reap and our neighbourhood is a quiet residential area. As Cambodia is a developing nation there are many basic amenities that the local authorities struggle to provide. Paved roads and street lighting are some of those items.
DVD’s are available FOC for guests to watch as part of our service. In this region, pirated DVD’s are the only ones available. Our box TV’s again reflect the price bracket we are in.
Small businesses like ours try very hard to give opportunities to local staff to allow them to benefit from the tourism trade too. Our local staff may not have perfect English but they do their best, as many other guests have testified.
It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay with us but we hope that perhaps next time you might have a little more appreciation of the price category of the property that you have booked and the country that you are in. Happy travels to you.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We came back for our 4th visit, and again, Bloom did not disappoint. We chose to stay at Bloom during our trip to Siem Reap for the Angkor Wat Half Marathon. The location was perfect - being just a few minutes away from the temple. All our transport arrangements for early drop off near the starting line and pick up after the race were made for us by the Bloom staff.

We had a hassle free trip with all the warmth and hospitality one can expect from Bloom. We will definitely be back for a 5th visit!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is an amazing place to stay! Diana and her staff made us feel so welcome. We actually changed from a hotel to come and stay at Bloom for 4 nights .It is situated in a beautiful tranquil location with a lovely garden and outdoor seating area. The breakfasts were wonderful and our room was really nice. I actually got a stomach bug (not from any food at Bloom) and the staff were so caring and looked after me so well. I would have to say our tuk-tuk driver from Bloom- Roth - really made our stay special. He took us around so many places and we could just call him and he would pick us up where ever we were. He was just amazing. Bloom isn't just another guesthouse. It's a wonderful place to great people, feel relaxed and feel at home in Siem Reap! Thank you so much :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2014

After booking a Hotel in the centre of Siem Reap, and finding that it was really dirty, my friend found Bloom Garden Guesthouse on tripadvisor.
I do not regret changes accommodation for a second!
The Bloom is quiet and peaceful with a gorgeous wooden (Colonial style, I think) Guesthouse set in a beautiful garden. My friend and I enjoyed our breakfasts admiring the plants, birds and butterflies.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. When my friend got sick the were so kind and helpful, it really made things a lot easier.
The owner Diana is a very interesting woman and was kind enough to invite us to join her to listen to her husbands band. It was a lovely evening with a person who knows a lot about Cambodia and has done a lot of great work in the country.
This place is everything you want in accommodation, helpful, clean, inexpensive, and beautiful.
I would not stay anywhere else if I returned to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at Bloom Garden Guesthouse in 2013, and this time I booked a room for two months. The staff is welcoming, and coming back here every day is like coming home. The owner, Diana, is a genius at introducing people and making everyone feel included, so it is easy to make friends if you are a solo traveller. The rooms here are comfortable and solid. It is located back from the main roads, so staying here is like staying in a village. You have to expect village-like sounds like roosters, dogs and cats.. It's all part of the bucolic package. I would stay here again any time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo