“Bloom Garden staff are kind”

Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa
Ranked #8 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was sick and wanted to go home ASAP. Bloom Garden staff were just the right amount of both caring and professionalism. The rooms are very nice with good A/C, wifi and TV with a zillion channels. Fun and knowledgeable tuk tuk drivers attached to guest house. Simple meals are available, and the standard two egg breakfast is hearty. Try Mr. Ratnay's crepes with fresh lime juice and sugar. Very well located for Angkow Wat. Thank you so much Bloom Garden. No pool or five circles.

Room Tip: Number 6 is closest to the big balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed with our son in their three bedded ground floor room. The guest house was extremely clean and the staff very helpful and courteous and always smiling. It was a on the way to Angkor but a bit out of the city. They have free bicycles which we used to go to the city in the evening. The local night market close bye was also very exciting. The breakfast of toast , egg and local friuits was very filling. Their dinner was very tasty and reasonably priced . The guest house was tucked away from the main road but the road in front was unmetalled and waterlogged in places. The wifi was fast. For booking they did not ask for any advance payment. One day before our visit we got a courtsey email enquiring about our time of visit. The land lady who lives next door was very friendly. We would have loved to meet Diana who is the owner for having such a smiling, courteous team who are always there to help you. Communicating in English was easy. Our Taxi from Poipet border introduced us to a Tuk Tuk whom we retained but we were not happy with his services. I suppose a Tuk Tuk suggested by the Guest House will be better, The guest house grounds are very relaxing and so is their balcony.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The overriding memory of my trip to Siem Reap (besides the Angkor complex of course!) was the friendlyness and helpfulness of the people.

It started with Rein (I dont think I have the spelling correct) who was the tuk-tuk driver organised by the guest house who met us at the airport. He continued to provide us with great service (always with a big smile) for the next 4 days. it is definately the way to get around as it provides natural cooling with the breeze blowing through your hair as you drive between the temples.

Rathy couldn't have been more helpful, providing insight into Siem Reap, recommending restaurants, organising a tour guide and always being available for a chat.

The guesthouse is a beautiful old building with a lovely balcony overlooking a big garden where breakfast is served. The rooms are of decent size, the windows have shutters which keep it cool, the aircon is a life saver especially after the scorching heat at the temples and so is the fridge.

We couldnt have been happier....

P.S would highy recommend the Touich Restaurant which is not far from the guesthouse

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

It was my first experience staying in a guesthouse so I had not known what to expect. But it exudes warmth and hospitality. The bed was comfortable and the air-con working great. Wi-fi works well too. The staff were extremely warm and helpful and can prepare breakfast anytime you wake up. Breakfast consists of toast, omelette or eggs done any way you want, coffee and fruits. A great start to the day! Staff can also help you arrange for a tuk tuk and even a slightly discounted entrance ticket to the museum nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If peace and quiet is what you're looking for, then this is the place to stay.

The cottage is neatly hidden, off the main road and still nearby to find your way. Downtown is only a 10-minute tuk-tuk ride away. The Angkor Wat checkpoint is even nearer.

The beds are super comfortable, and although there were two beds in my room, Rathy only charged for the use of one bed ($18 low season). Thanks, Rathy!!!
The room was big and spacious, and the bathroom size was huge for a guesthouse! Only shampoo and toilet paper is provided, so please bring your own soap.

Rathy insisted that anything unsatisfactory can be informed to the frontdesk. When I found the bathroom ceiling leaking, he had it fixed in a jiff, and no more leakage from there!

Bottled water is provided in the room every day, and there are mobile water coolers placed at the dining hut for refilling.

My room had a DVD player, and I was very ecstatic about their wide DVD collection. It was probably the added bonus that I was very happy with, and made my stay more enjoyable.

And free wi-fi too!

Rathy and his team are a wonderful and friendly bunch. They went all the way to make my stay comfortable, and helped out with the transport arrangements.
I was really touched by Kim, their attached tuk-tuk driver, who volunteered to give me a ride at a point in my stay when I was running really low on cash.

Overall, I am in love with this place, and will return here again.
The balcony terrace was a nice touch! A simple yet elegant (all that teak wood!) place to hangout, listen to birds chirping, and be immersed in peaceful bliss.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed in Bloom Garden for four nights and it was my first experience staying in a guest house. The house is located near the main road to Angkor Wat but it's situated in a quiet neighborhood with not that many traffic noise, although you will hear the occasional barks from the stray dogs outside.

My first initial thought of the place was the infrastructure was quite beautiful but minimally decorated. For $18 a night (low season rate) I wasn't expecting that much but only required a quiet, clean and comfortable room. I was given a room on the top floor near the back of the house. The great thing about the place is there are only a couple of rooms on the top floor so you can get a sense of privacy (for two nights, I was the only guest there).

Room number seven had a comfortable queen size bed but the sheets and towels were stained. When I inspected the bathroom, I found the toilet wasn't cleaned properly and there was still traces of urine from the previous guest. *shudders* Rathy came to inspect the bathroom after I complained and ordered housekeeping to do a thorough job of cleaning the place. In the end, the sheets and towels were changed and I received clean white towels throughout my stay.

Breakfast is simple but enough for me. I particularly liked the hot tea and crepes and the great thing about having breakfast there is the fact that I can wake up close to 12pm and order my food to be eaten on the verandah.

I also used the free bicycles to cycle to Angkor Wat and downtown. Avoid the ones the old silver bikes and use the blue and white bikes. Sure the location means the guesthouse is out of the way and not close to the town centre but the surrounding area is quiet and peaceful. I could sleep in, wake up to hear birds chirping and not worry about loud neighbors making all sorts of noise.

The staff and Rathy were wonderful and ensured my stay was comfortable. I moved to a hotel nearer to downtown after my stay and wanted to come back because of noise issues, but alas, there were no available rooms. Will definitely stay here when I visit Siem Reap again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We (family of four, children 6 and 8) stayed here for 10 nights. We requested all to be in one room so we were given a triple on the ground floor for $25 p/night. Although not a large room it was adequate for us. We loved spending time on the top front verandah, listening to the birds and enjoying the great comp breakfasts here. We also ordered other food from time to time from their menu and were very happy with the food and prices. Rathy is very helpful and friendly and so polite - everyone was very friendly and helped us out with the bikes as we rode into town nearly every afternoon with the kids on the back. We enjoyed the distance from the town - if you didn't want to ride they would organise a tuk tuk and was very reasonable.
We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend and were very happy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family