“This hotel was the heart of my trip..”

Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa
Ranked #6 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I'm not sure where to begin! Stop looking and BOOK this guesthouse!!

I stayed here from Oct 27th to Nov 1st and I didn't want to leave. From the moment I walked in I was in complete shock at how much this BEAUTIFUL guesthouse shattered my expectations. The staff seemed to thoroughly enjoy their jobs and took personal pride in helping me every chance they could. I just read the one and only negative comment about this place and can see that you really can't please everyone. I stayed in the same room and found nothing but perfection!

Great little hidden gem minutes away from the hustle of Siem Reap. Your always a 5min Tuk Tuk or bike ride away from the city. The staff arranged for an amazing grand tour of the temples by Tuk Tuk which was just a great time! I couldn't get enough of this place. I'm in complete awe at how much this place had to offer for the price it charges.

Special thanks to the owner, Diana, and to Ashlee for helping me experience Cambodia! This trip is unforgettable! I really hope to make my way back!

Side note! Both Tuk Tuk drivers that the guesthouse will mainly use are extremely friendy, fair, and love to meet the travelers.

This was a true vacation where my Convenience, happiness, and Cambodian experience was made number 1 priority by the Bloom Garden Guesthouse!

1  Thank Jeremy232af

Reviewed October 29, 2011

This bed and breakfast makes you feel at home. Very accodating, catering to all your needs. Great rate with breakfast included. They were really good on email reservation communication.

Bloom Garden is a high recommendation as a good value hotel. About $30 US per night for two people. Laundry was $.75-1.00 for shirts/dresses. Breakfast is choice of eggs or crepes with fruit, tea or juice.

Location is about 5-10 min to town on tuk tuk. 25 min from airport. Great, quiet spot.

This Inn was one of the reasons for such a great stay in Siem Reap. They even arranged pick up from the airport via tuk tuk. One caution on tuk tuk drivers, be sure you have a location where you are going. The front desk can help you communicate with the driver on where to go. Very inexpensive but tend to know tourist heavy locations.

1  Thank Fashioncory
Reviewed October 23, 2011

OK, I normally stay at really nice places and was only humoring our friends when I agreed to stay at a B+B. It is down a dirt road which was muddy so we were concerned. The rooms were large with unimpressive showers. However, the people were friendly, the breakfasts great, and we just loved being there. I give the place a 5 mainly on value. Nice and convenient location. Also, they hooked us up with great tickets and the best tuktuk driver. I would go back even with having to humor someone.

1  Thank fracmeister
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We chose Bloomgarden Guesthouse simply based on the ‘excellent’ and ‘good’ reviews published on this site but unfortunately found it to be completely otherwise.

Firstly, the Guesthouse had arranged for a taxi-pickup from the Thailand-Cambodia border at Poipet since we were to arrive by road. After a fairly difficult (there are no luggage-trollies and it was raining ) and rather slow Immigration formalities we eventually found the taxi-driver waiting for us carrying a board with our names written on it. As advised, we asked him the name of the Guesthouse for further confirmation to which the man answered correctly. He then helped us with our luggage, tried to convince us again about the necessity to change currencies and led us to the shuttle bus stop where he waited with us till the bus arrived. He spoke fairly good English and wanted to know if we had any local currencies with us and also informed that should we need any, there is a money exchange bureau at the taxi stand where we were headed. We found this a little strange as he shared nothing else with us. It was nearly a 15minute drive to the taxi-stand. On arrival he helped us again to get our luggage down and led us to a spot near the front entrance where he said to us “wait here a minute” and then disappeared. We waited nearly 20minutes watching other taxis come by, pick up passengers and leave but our driver was nowhere to be seen. At this point we became slightly worried as bringing down the taxi could not have taken that long after all. We looked for a public phone to call up the Guesthouse since our cells showed no signals only to find out that there was none there. A man in uniform and badge, supposedly an employee at the Taxi Station then approached us and thankfully offered his own cell to make the call. After a few attempts and with him interpreting for us, we finally got through to the owner of Bloomgarden - Diana, to whom I explained the entire situation and to which she replied – “you need to go to the roundabout..” . For a first timer trying to find an unknown taxi-driver in a foreign place with hardly any adequate facilities with a two hour journey to the destination ahead, the owner’s reply hardly made sense or offered any real help. I further requested her to ‘find’ for us this absent driver who only they have had appointed for us, and call us back with information. By this time we had been waiting there utterly confused and concerned for over an hour with even one of the Managers working at the Station come out and telling us “please don’t worry!” Nearly ten minutes later the owner of Bloomgarden called up and said, “That man is not your driver.”(!!!) “ Your driver is now on his way from Poipet. Please wait there.” I thanked her and without a single word of explanation or apology, she hung up. To cut the story short, our driver finally arrived and drove us safely to Siem Reap but due to his limited English (or knowledge of the incident) the mystery of the first man (stange that he knew our name and destination) still remains. At the Guesthouse where we spent 3nights, the owner did not make one single appearance during our stay and we did not get the chance of taking this any further.

The room that we were given at the Guesthouse (no.7) looked clean but we found that the mosquito net fixed at such a point that would make using it impossible. There were issues of privacy with the room having no curtains (the room is overlooked from both aspects and keeping the shutters closed at daytime would make the room really ‘dark’) and one of the windows permanently unusable because of the placement of the wardrobe. There are no phones in the room although they provide room-service which one has to order by going down to reception or calling the staff up to their rooms (!).The bathroom is tiny and fittings ill-planned. (The door while closing actually touches the sink and later we found out that it was not possible to take a shower without getting the toilet-roll wet! ) We requested the Reception staff who seemed to be running the place entirely, to change the room on those points only to be told that there were none other available at the time and that all the bathrooms are of the same size. But she agreed to address the issues and even agreed to ‘make’(!) temporary curtains for us and change the position of the mosquito net as well, which she did by loosening the screws from the light fixture in the ceiling! This is the only guesthouse in our experience that doesn't have a mirror in any of the rooms but at our insistence the staff arranged one for us.

Breakfast was frugal (two toasts, two eggs, half a tomato, a few slices of fruits and the thinnest piece of butter ) and a trace tedious with no change of menu (apart from the fruits) and please note that there is no dining room ( unless the seating area beside the front patio is considered to be such - which we didn't see being used, probably due to mosquitoes.) . One table on the upstairs balcony with wooden stools scattered around it served as the dining table and people waited their turns as only one person serving breakfast brought one tray up at a time to the balcony from the kitchen downstairs.

Each day on return from our daily tours we found the room tidied up and the floors wiped but the bathroom was NEVER cleaned or towels changed. Outside, the main balcony where we had our breakfast always looked unclean with dry leaves and droppings (house-lizard?) left lying on the same spot the entire duration of our stay (the photo could not be posted due to limitation of number of photos on this site). We also saw water dripping continuously into a puddle along the window of one of the rooms that opened on the main balcony. Unfortunately the same is to be said about the could-have-been-beautiful large garden space which seemed only being used for drying laundry. Talking of which, please refer to the photos I pasted to see laundry space and conditions, which was right below one of the windows to our room.
Also, the phone at the Reception we were told do not have International Call making facilities.

On the whole, we found Bloomgarden the ‘neglected’ Guesthouse hardly “excellent” or even “good” but ticks completely on the goodwill and sincere efforts of all the staff there. Their English is limited but communication was no problem at all. Kagna, Lekena and Rona the tuktuk driver are all wonderful people who were always there to help out, which as of now, is the only point of recommendation from us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IIVII
Reviewed October 3, 2011

It's a lovely place, make you feel like home. Staffs are all understand english very well, and they are all very helpful and friendly.

Room and toilet are clean, bed is comfortable.

The only point that they can improve is the water flow rate is very slow. Not really comfortable when showering.

Apart from this, this guesthouse is strongly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank ngywkendra
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed at the Bloom Garden Guesthouse for 3 nights. All of the staff members were nice - always greeted me with a smile during my stay. They made sure I was comfortable at all times and that there were no problems. My room was spacious and clean.

As other reviewers have noted, this place is outside central Siem Reap, away from the crowded and noisy areas. This place has tuk-tuk drivers who can bring you to town, Angkor Wat, and surrounding temples. It also has bicycles for guests to use.

I highly recommend this place. Special thanks to Kagna and Chanthy!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank GaryY_CA
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Situated away from the pub street, this homely guesthouse is nothing but excellent!
From cleanliness and hospitality of staffs to transportation, everything is well thought of.

One thing that truly stands out is the staffs hospitality.
They go that extra mile to make sure I am always comfortable and okay with their services.

Other plus points would be free bicycle usage and location near to Angkor Wat.

On the other hand, variety of breakfast can be improved to better suit different customers.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo