“Excellent meal and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old House Restaurant

Old House Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 844 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, International, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Khmer owned restaurant-Close during Khmer New Year day and Pchum Ben day
Kidderminster
“Excellent meal and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on the evening of 11th April whilst visiting Siem Reap with Riviera Travel. We both had the three course set meal which was absolutely delightful. The staff were most helpful and attentative. The meals cost us the total of 12US Dollars, although we also indulged in a large beer and a small beer and a bottle of very acceptable Merlot. Value for money and would definitely recommend. Easily found at end of Pub Street, opposite hospital.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
“Average tasting food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We tried this restaurant on the strength of reviews, but found it rather average. The Khmer food was lending towards the bland side, while western dishes did taste better. Very inexpensive. Although we did wait a bit for our food even though there were hardly any other customers at that time, the staff were friendly.

Visited April 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“beware, cheap price will lure you to eat here but its not that cheap because....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Like many other trip advisor readers here, I would have to say I got drawn to try this restaurant because of its rank. Well yes, the price is cheaper than regular restaurants along pub street. But, you get what you paid for. I ordered the set meal for $6 which consists of appetizer,main course and dessert. For appetizer I got the banana salad which is good but not to the extent that I'll order it again next time. For the main course, I would say that Amok fish is good, it's very creamy and tasty, the serving is generous as well. However, the rice serving is a total turn off! For someone who loves to eat with rice, I really feel bad that their rice serving is so little! It's about 2oz of rice, literally! For dessert, the banana w/ coconut tastes funny. But the fruit salad was good.

Our food was served after 30 minutes, which is quite sometime if you really think about it. I was just entertained talking with friends otherwise I would've been so mad and just walk out instead.

Oh, and I forgot the point of my post. Beware eating here. You thought it's that cheap here? That's what I think so too at first. Lo and behold, they don't serve house water, which means you will have to buy drinks. I don't know if it's a marketing strategy or what but it definitely gives a negative reputation for me that a restaurant purposely doesn't serve house water and will insist you order bottled water. This is the only restaurant I've encountered that doesn't serve house water. I mean, come on, seriously?

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“One of my favorite place in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is one of the place I always find myself going back to. And whenever I have visitors in town, I always take them here to let them discover Khmer Food. Why? because Old house never fails to disappoint. They make the "classics" just right and delicious: banana flower salad, Khmer beef salad, Amoks, Khmer curries... They always deliver. Prices are right too. They're obviously more expensive than Street food stalls, but not as pricy as most venues around Pub Street (which oten are not as good). A good address!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Fav place in Siem Reap!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is seriously good! And cheap! I am backpacking and found Siem Reap rather expensive, but this place is a little gem! Very be reasonably priced and I never had a bad meal here! The staff are so nice too! The chicken corden bleu, carbonarra, creamy chicken pasta, chicken fajitas, chicken burgers are just a few of the reasons to eat here! You will love it!