“Good Ambience, decent food at reasonable price”

Old House Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 956 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Khmer owned restaurant-Close during Khmer New Year day and Pchum Ben day
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was the best restaurant that we have visited throughout our trip.
The cocktails and appetisers were nothing special, but the main course, service and the ambience made up for it. The fish curry was really good, with ample of fresh ingredients. It is located within pub street, making it very easy to locate. Staff were friendly and polite. Basically, there's nothing much I could fault on this place.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Location is perfect. Just past the turning of pubs street on your left. Just opposite the entrance of the hospital. The restaurant looks tiny but it does have a sign. We were treated to French stick and proper butter, fresh spring rolls, pumpkin soup, satay chicken and chicken enchilada. With a mango smoothie and beer. It came to $14. It was so yummy. All starters were $2 with mains being around $3.75. The food came quickly and the service was excellent. Would definitely go there again. Xx

1  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family of 4 visited Old House 2 nights ago and loved our meal. I had the set menu: Green Mango and Smoked Fish Salad, Chicken Amok and Braised Banana for dessert. I loved all 3. My daughter also had the set menu: Spring Rolls, Chicken Satays and Fresh Fruit Platter and she loved all 3. My husband enjoyed the marinated pork spare ribs and my other daughter had the calamari. All meals were exceptional, and a great price. I would definitely go back here

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ok, we would have expected a bit more from the meal, I must confess that. But with prices that low, it didn't feel worthy to complain about the cold fish amok and the berage red curry. Go there and chose the chicken breast, and you'll find no reason to complain.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Old House Restaurant serves up decent food at great prices with a nice atmosphere (bordering romantic but casual enough to have a good chat).

We opted for the 3 course set menu. The starter of fresh spring rolls and banana flower salad was fantastic. However, the mains were a little disappointing however the servings are extremely generous. The pork with eggplant and the cashew nut chicken aren't anything special and I would not choose them again. For dessert we chose a simple fresh fruit platter which was fine.

The alcoholic drinks were also good value and potent and the service from the staff is great.

Perhaps there are dishes which are much better than others but we felt that with the mains we had were only just okay.