“Excellent service & great value for money!”
Review of Angkor Dream Villa

Angkor Dream Villa
Ranked #338 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We chose this b&b because of the good comments, and it's close enough to town but not too close to be in the middle of all the traffic & crowds - and we didn't get disappointed.

Room was spacious for the price (we paid $20 including breakfast & pick up) and it includes wifi as well. Love having both ceiling fan & air con and great hot shower after a long day of walk in the temples.

They arranged tuk tuk for our sightseeing and the team was very friendly and helpful always. Some days we also borrow their bikes and cycle to town, with is less than 5mins away.

We loved our visit to siem reap & hope to return to this guesthouse again when we revisit!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank VCB1509

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here in August for four weeks whilst volunteering at ACDODO orphanage. The location was perfect for me as it's right next to ACODO. It's about a kilometre out of town, but the free bicycles made it really easy to ride into town every day. It's far enough out of town to be nice and quiet at night which suited me, but still only a couple of minutes in a tuktuk for a night out (and all tuktuk drivers I had knew where it is which is a bonus). My room was very comfortable and clean, with working fan, aircon, hot water, fridge and tv, free WIFI and free drinking water. All the staff were friendly and efficient, and the manager Chhay always went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. He and his brother were lovely and always happy to have a chat, which was nice as I was there alone. They are currently undergoing some renovations which I think will make this place even better, can't wait to try some food from the brand new kitchen on my next stay. For a budget guest house I was impressed. The Angkor Dream Villa will definitely be my first choice for accommodation on my next visit!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Tashia v
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here in July for ten days. The place is just south of the main town but only 5 minutes by moto. Its about to be upgraded and maybe become hotel status, so not sure how long this review remains valid. I can say that I didnt have any problem at all. Service was fine. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean and bug-free. All the room features worked as expected. The only slightly unpleasant thing was the brilliant morning sun coming through the thin curtains. Not a problem if you're an early bird visiting the temples, but I was looking forward to sleeping late. Internet was OK. I cant comment on breakfasts because they were not included. The room was comparatively cheap. I will be visiting Siem Reap again soon and this accommodation is top of my list right now. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank wilkinsonde
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic holiday,great food and entertainment...can't believe the poor reviews are for the same place?! The receptionist Tarik is a great guy,very smily and happy to help and always having a joke with you. Very happy to be going back. :)

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Dustie09
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Actually we (6pax) were there in April 2011. Such a good place for budget backpackers. Free pick up at bus station / airport even it's late at night. From my opinion, I could not find a good cup of coffee in Cambodia but I'm satisfied with their big plate of fruit for breakfast (Yum!!!). Super cute tuktuk driver (the owner's younger brother), he even help us to bargain at night market <3<3<3 I have asked them to help us buy bus ticket back to Phnom Penh, afternoon they called us to check whether we have arrived safely. Miss them so much. They make me really want to come back to Siem Reap!!! In Circuit Hotel, Phnom Penh we could not find it's friendly and helpful like them although we have paid higher for room night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank thuytinh
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Im staying here now and this little hotel is great. Basic service but good value for the money ($13-$15). There was a ceiling fan in my room, which is a nice touch since the a/c often makes the room too chilly for me. Inalsomliked that they did not use the ugly, harsh fluorescent ceiling light that most lower priced places like to use.

There was no safe in my room, although the staff was very friendly and I felt comfortable leaving my camera and pocket change in plain site while I was out of the room. Nothing was ever missing. The bathroom could use a shelf or two, as I had no place to put my toiletries aside from a basket hanging on the wall. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank augratin
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We made our booking through agoda after failing to get replies to e mails. We arranged a pick up but it did not turn up so had to get our own tuk tuk. On check in we received a twin room despite booking a double and there was no apology. The room however was clean and did have a fridge but unfortunately it had no plug on!!! This was soon rectified. The bed was ridiculously hard. We like a firm bed so ignored previous reviews but it was not possible to sleep. Breakfast was adequate but it took 50 mins to get an omelette that was poor. Next morning was better with fresh fruit. Free bikes are offered making getting around very easy and the quiet lanes are lovely to explore. It is reasonable value for the money but the beds are simply too hard to sleep on. Most of the family are kind and helpful if a little chaotic.

• Stayed: January 2012