“Quiet and Untroubled”

Ranked #322 of 489 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Quiet and Untroubled”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here in July for ten days. The place is just south of the main town but only 5 minutes by moto. Its about to be upgraded and maybe become hotel status, so not sure how long this review remains valid. I can say that I didnt have any problem at all. Service was fine. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean and bug-free. All the room features worked as expected. The only slightly unpleasant thing was the brilliant morning sun coming through the thin curtains. Not a problem if you're an early bird visiting the temples, but I was looking forward to sleeping late. Internet was OK. I cant comment on breakfasts because they were not included. The room was comparatively cheap. I will be visiting Siem Reap again soon and this accommodation is top of my list right now. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank wilkinsonde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic holiday,great food and entertainment...can't believe the poor reviews are for the same place?! The receptionist Tarik is a great guy,very smily and happy to help and always having a joke with you. Very happy to be going back. :)

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Dustie09
hochiminh city
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Actually we (6pax) were there in April 2011. Such a good place for budget backpackers. Free pick up at bus station / airport even it's late at night. From my opinion, I could not find a good cup of coffee in Cambodia but I'm satisfied with their big plate of fruit for breakfast (Yum!!!). Super cute tuktuk driver (the owner's younger brother), he even help us to bargain at night market <3<3<3 I have asked them to help us buy bus ticket back to Phnom Penh, afternoon they called us to check whether we have arrived safely. Miss them so much. They make me really want to come back to Siem Reap!!! In Circuit Hotel, Phnom Penh we could not find it's friendly and helpful like them although we have paid higher for room night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank thuytinh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Im staying here now and this little hotel is great. Basic service but good value for the money ($13-$15). There was a ceiling fan in my room, which is a nice touch since the a/c often makes the room too chilly for me. Inalsomliked that they did not use the ugly, harsh fluorescent ceiling light that most lower priced places like to use.

There was no safe in my room, although the staff was very friendly and I felt comfortable leaving my camera and pocket change in plain site while I was out of the room. Nothing was ever missing. The bathroom could use a shelf or two, as I had no place to put my toiletries aside from a basket hanging on the wall. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank augratin
Podimore
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We made our booking through agoda after failing to get replies to e mails. We arranged a pick up but it did not turn up so had to get our own tuk tuk. On check in we received a twin room despite booking a double and there was no apology. The room however was clean and did have a fridge but unfortunately it had no plug on!!! This was soon rectified. The bed was ridiculously hard. We like a firm bed so ignored previous reviews but it was not possible to sleep. Breakfast was adequate but it took 50 mins to get an omelette that was poor. Next morning was better with fresh fruit. Free bikes are offered making getting around very easy and the quiet lanes are lovely to explore. It is reasonable value for the money but the beds are simply too hard to sleep on. Most of the family are kind and helpful if a little chaotic.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank BangkokLoft
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Dream Villa and were very well looked after. The staff was very attentive and we found our rooms comfortable and clean. We made full use of the free tuk-tuk ride into town in the evening as the villa is a 25 minutes walk from the centre of Siem Reap. This makes the location quiet. Unfortunately for us a neighbour had passed away which meant that loud mournful music was being played from dawn to dusk for three out of the 4 days we were staying!The owner was apologetic about this even though it was beyond his control.
The breakfasts were good but limited in choice. All in all we found Dream villa to be excellent value and would recommend it whole heartedly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Martine060
Adelaide
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Dream Villa is a budget hotel but one of the best we have stayed at. We worked at ACODO orphanage as volunteers for 2 weeks and ACODO recommended this hotel as it is right next door to the orphanage. We were treated like family. The staff went out of their way to help us out in so many ways. The rooms are clean and serviced daily with airconditioning and fans in each room. Breakfast was provided which included eggs, toast, jam, and fruit.They would provide other meals when required and these were always delicious and very good value. Meals were served in a lovely garden setting. The hotel is a little way out of town (about 1 km) and to assist us with this they provided bikes and a tuk tuk into town and back after 6pm. At other times a tuk tuk would cost $1 each way. I would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business