“Huge beds”
Review of Avie Moriya Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Avie Moriya Villa
Ranked #91 of 300 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Bookes the deluxe twin room for less than 15usd per night. Room was huge, bed was huge and I was able to watch my weekend liverpool game from the cable tv providee. Less than 5min walk to pub street, and owner Luca from italy was super friendly. Nothing else to ask for from a guesthouse.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank leeyuxiangben

Reviewed December 13, 2013

If you're looking for a budget stay, this is probably it, but don't get your hopes up. The rooms are large, with extremely high ceilings, but it doesn't feel that big when the place is extremely dim. There isn't nearly enough lighting, but I guess it helped my body shut down and fall asleep super early so I was recharged for the next day! Still, I would have preferred much better lighting.

The TV did not work. The side table lamp burned out. And no shampoo is provided. Also, they forgot to clean my room on my last night of stay. I did not tell management about any of this, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they would have rectified it, had I brought it up. I figured I could put up with it though, so I left it alone.

One thing that was extremely aggravating, however, was that the wifi was terrible (but only for older devices). I had to stand in one place and carefully type on my phone to get a wifi signal; it constantly cut out. Oddly enough, it was functional on my tablet. I'd mentioned this to the owner who agreed that the wifi was weak and that it was "up and down! and up and down!" all the time, even for him.

For the price, it was fine. It is in a fairly good location, close enough to pub street and the night markets, but far enough to be a cheaper stay and in a calmer area. Lighting is bad on that street, and some street vendors were shocked to hear that I was a single female-traveler, warning me to be very careful. They asked how far up the street I had to walk to get back to my hotel, and it freaked me out that they were so concerned! But i had no issues with anyone or any safety throughout my stay. You just need to be a cautious traveler, obviously.

Reception and maids were extremely nice and helpful. The reception helped me book a lunch reservation and made recommendations when I asked. They were all very lovely people, like most Cambodians I encountered in Siem Reap. The people and the location are the only reasons this place gets a 3 start rating rather than 2.

Side note - bed blanket was very VERY rough; not comfortable. No extra bed sheet between you and the blanket, so I didn't feel very clean (even though they may wash the blanket after each guest, who knows. I'd just feel better with an extra bed sheet.). But bed was huge (King-sized) and extremely soft (bad for people who have bad backs, I guess. but I enjoyed it).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Clean rooms, great location and wonderful team looking after this well situated guest house. Great value for money and always a smiling face to greet you and attend any arrangements. Not far from the night market and pub street for a great meal and a bit of fun. The owner was great and made sure we were comfortable and arranged for our tuk tuk driver to collect us as needed. This was great as it can be overwhelming to deal with the drivers in the street. Great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this nice hotel for 3 nights. It is really clean as they do the room every day. Luca, the owner, is really friendly and made me feel like if I was at home. Breakfast is not included but is really cheap (1 and 1/2 $ drink included as well). The hotel is located in a convenient location: a quiet street near the night market and the old market on one side and near the canal on the other side. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

the hotel is in an excellent location for getting a beer and food after a long day around the temples and the night market is nearby. the room was ok for the price, the breakfast very small but ok.
the staff was very friendly and helpful, only the owner is really strange. he was overwhelming friendly in the beginning, but forced us on our last evening to pay the bill instantly, even though we told him we were on the way to dinner and get cash to pay the room. he wouldn't let us go until we finally payed. furthermore, he refused some of the money we got from the ATM, claiming it was fake money... In the end, he was rather aggressive and we were happy to leave this place...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The villa is owned by an Italian guy who was very helpful and cheerful all the time, also his people are very nice. The place is clean, and it is near all the things need to be accessed in Siem Reap. They have their own Tuktuk driver who would come to pick you up at the airport, and would offer to take you wherever you want for an acceptable price. The included "breakfast" in the price means: 1 pankake or a small sandwich or fruits.We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights, The room was awesome, really big, clean, two double beds a wardrobe a good bathroom, quiet air corn, everything you would want/need. The room was cleaned daily if you wanted by a lovely lady.
All the staff here are so Nice! The owner Luca is lovely! Really friendly and welcoming. They have 2 Tuk Tuk drivers who are also lovely! One of them, bunny, hears we were going to Battambang so he rung his friend in Battambang to pick us up when we got there!
The breakfast is included in the room, which you don't get very often, it was quite basic but still a good way to start the day! Lovely fresh fruit!

I would recommend this place to anyone, haven't got a bad word to say!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple