“Worth the wait”

Sambo - Khmer & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,285 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Description: I am Sokha and I opened my restaurant, in Wat Damnak, behind the night market. My food ? Simple but tasty local Khmer and Thai food, with the freshest produces from the market. Come and try !
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We didn’t wait, but we got there at 11:30, 15 minutes before the rush. If there’s a wait... WAIT.

The lemon smoothie and mango shakes were on point, the bok choy was bangin, the fish amok was solid, and the fried pork was my favorite.

The best part of the whole experience, though, was our waitress. I don’t know what her routine is everyday, but she is probably the most wonderful person we’ve come across in Southeast Asia. I want to be her friend.

1  Thank TylerDStewart
SokhaSambo, Owner at Sambo - Khmer & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Hi Tyler,

Thankyou so so much for this very kind and warm review,

Myself and my family are blessed to have such wonderful customers
enjoy our little restaurant .

I am deeply touched by this review. Thankyou

My Very BEST WISHES
Sokha

Write a reviewReviews (188)

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We tried Sambo due to such incredible reviews and the food didn’t disappoint! Unfortunately with great popularity comes many customers and we had to wait a while for our food. Service was fantastic and the cheap beers kept us happy whilst we waited!

Hello 853jadaa,

We would like to thank you very much for your ''delicious review"
Thankyou for patiently waiting to be seated .
My family and team are very grateful you enjoyed our restaurant.
Enjoy your travels
Best Wishes Sokha

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Excellent value! Many Khmer dish choices - be warned about adding too much heat! Ask for the extra peppers on the side..

Date of visit: January 2020
SokhaSambo, Owner at Sambo - Khmer & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Hi bas0921,

Thankyou so much for this lovely review,
I was pleased you rate Sambo as ''Excellent value''
a very nice compliment, thank you.
I.m sure your tip re spicy food will be appreciated
by our readers.
Enjoy your stay in Siem Reap
Regards Sokha

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Excellent food, and even better service with smiling and helpsome staff. For this price, definitely recommended!

Hi pskoland,

Thankyou very much for this 5 star review.
We are very happy you enjoyed our Restaurant.
I am very proud to share your kind words
with our hardworking staff.

Best Regards Sokha

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Dropped in for a fruit smoothie. I bought a banana fruit smoothie for $1.5, to go. It was pretty decent. Friendly service. They have free wifi

Date of visit: January 2020
SokhaSambo, General Manager at Sambo - Khmer & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Hi Dean,

Thankyou very much for this very nice review and also
for sharing your photos.
We a pleased you enjoyed your smoothie.
Regards Sokha