We stayed in this establishment for 3 days and loved it! I primarily chose this place due to the great tripadvisor reviews, and am glad to say that it fully met expectations:
1. Friendly staff. The front desk were so helpful, and always greeted us with smiles.
2. Complimentary water bottles per day.
3. Fantastic Wifi. We were in Bangkok before and the connection in Thailand was awful. Who knew this quaint boutique hotel would have better wifi connection than that of a bustling city.
4. The spa! My friend and I got the foot massage ($6 for 30 minutes) and the back massage ($6 for 30 minutes)
5. The saltwater pool. Amazing. We didn't have much time to lounge at the hotel since we were consumed by the temples, but we did get a chance to fit in 30 minutes at the pool.
6. Location to the temples. Probably 5-10 minutes to the temples on Tuk-Tuk. This hotel is farther from the old market, but having the tuk tuk makes distance a non-issue.
7. BY FAR THE GREATEST PRO---the free tuk tuk driver. Now looking back on our trip, i don't know how we would have gotten by without one. Also, for two females traveling through Cambodia, there was some sense of security knowing we had a tuk-tuk driver every where we went, and we didn't need to hail one. In addition, the tuk tuk driver, himself, was so awesome. Always smiling and so friendly and accommodating. If you go, ask for Horl. He is the BEST!!!
8. oh, and almost forgot, the breakfast was delish! I am a paranoid OCD freak, and ate the mangos without any incident.
I know this may seem like a copout, but there really is none. This hotel is a little pricier than other establishments, but I think it's well worth it.
I would recommend to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the midway between the center of Siem Reap and the Angkor temples, in a quiet and green area, the Siddhartha hotel is warmly welcoming you in an intimate and refined setting. This brand new charming structure, twenty-eight rooms only, while simplicity and elegance meet the colonial and secular Cambodian style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Siddharta Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.