“Wonderful Place”

Ranked #60 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Colchester
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful little hotel - perhaps the loveliest I've ever stayed in.
The staff were incredibly friendly, polite, utterly charming and, of course, helpful. The hotel provided a tuk tuk driver, Proseur, who was very patient and provided all the local knowledge one doesn't find in the guide book.
The interior of the hotel is beautifully decorated. It is located just outside Siem Reap which afforded a level of calm not to be found in the city.
I loved this place - I wish I was still there!
We stayed 6 nights and we're even given a gift when we departed!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our first night was disturbed by the neighbor's car alarm going off repeatedly, and later in the night and early morning, their small dog barked incessantly. We were in the wing on the right side just under the hotel restaurant. The wifi didn't work in the room on this side and I had to sit outside in the hallway with no AC and no fan. Not very comfortable.

We requested a room change to the back wing at the end of the corridor because of all the noise the first night, it was impossible to sleep. The second room was large with two double beds, small couch and most importantly, very quiet.

Breakfast-the fresh croissant and juice were good. Plenty of other choices as well. The worse coffee on our trip though, so I resorted to bringing packets of Nescafe instant from the minibar in the room rather than drink the brewed stuff in the restaurant.

The staff at the spa were excellent: the facials and massage were wonderful. The only down side was that a gold necklace with turquoise was 'lost." I asked the front desk to pass a message to housekeeping to please look for it when they cleaned the room. No results. The following day I was more specific and said the necklace was lost between the hours of 5 and 7 pm when I went to the spa. It was left in the bathroom in my toiletry kit as I was in a hurry to get to the appointment. The necklace was returned to me before we checked out. I was careless to leave it out. There's a safe. Use it.

The courtyard and pool are nicely landscaped but for lap swimmers, the pool's design is a bit impractical as you end up doing turns under a waterfall.

We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was fine--we selected local dishes and the menu had a variety of western offerings as well.

Visiting the temples was one of the highlights of our trip so we weren't too put off by some of the minor issues we encountered at the hotel. I'm just glad my necklace was returned as it was a gift from my husband.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful when a few small problems arose and we felt they did their best and we appreciated that. I would rate the hotel as good, maybe not quite a luxury boutique hotel, but adequate for our stay in Siem Reap as we were out all day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We managed to get into Siddartha Hotel at very short notice (24 hours short) and were both really glad we could be squeezed in. I had stayed at one of its sister hotels two years ago and based on that happy experience, was keen to try another of the group of three.
Our room was a very good size as was the bathroom and both were clean and comfortable. Bathroom had a walk in shower and good water pressure :-). There's a good mini bar and a small private space on the verandah for each room that looks out over the pool and garden. The bed is comfortable, breakfast buffet has lots to choose from (and rather good omelettes made to order). The pool and garden are very nice and provide a great place to relax with a good book. There's also a nice big open air lounge area on the top floor near the dining area where you can use the hotel computer, or have a cool drink while planning your next move.
The hotel is about 2 km out of Siem Reap town (about half way between town and the temples) which is great as Siem Reap is a busy place and can be quite noisy. It takes about 6-10 minutes by tuk tuk into town and the hotel is happy to organise this for you. We had complementary tuk tuk service while we were there.
Most important, the hotel staff are fantastic - always smiling, always attentive, always interested and helpful and always providing great service. I'm very happy to recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Baar, Switzerland
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated a little bit outside of Siem Reap town centre near the Angkor temples. It is the perfect place to discover the temples and afterwards relax in the very cosy setting of the hotel (pool, lounge area on the top floor, balcony).

Pros:
- very friendly staff!
- welcome drink and information about the temples (incl. tour suggestion)
- saltwater pool with many flowers and plants around
- huge rooms with big shower and own balcony in front of the entrance door (view on pool)
- free tuk-tuk (many thanks to Vida!)
- restaurant on top floor with view over Siem Reap
- many spa offerings

Cons:
- It's located outside and there is nothing in walking distance, but that's why they offer a free tuk-tuk service

1 Thank gubipat
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just finished our stay here and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our room was kept tidy and the housekeeping staff would even nicely arrange my mess. I've never had that done before. Breakfast is included and offers a wide selection of fresh fruits and hot dishes. I usually don't eat eggs, but I ordered an omelette and it was wonderful. If you make your reservation from their website it includes the services of a tuk tuk and driver which is very convenient. Its like having your own chaffeur. Lastly, we would like to thank Sona who works at the front desk. She handled all of our requests with kindness and professionalism. I hope she is stil there when we return.

Room Tip: Reserve at the hotel's website and it includes the tuk tuk, a $15 value. Its a small place so a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here with my family in around May 2013. A tuk tuk driver was included in the hotel rate, which was awesome. It was a great way to see Siem Reap. He took us (four adults) to the attractions and to town for dinner. Well worth it. The hotel staff were very friendly. The rooms are very clean and tidy - as well as the hotel grounds. We also booked massage appointments at the spa. I thought the massage was too hard - as in too much pressure - but some ppl like that. Overall, totally recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Detroit
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel, the service was very friendly and efficient, the hotel was clean and tidy and everything was as it should be.
The restaurant was good and the standard of food and service was always very good, breakfast in the open air roof restaurant was particularly enjoyable.
After a long day walking around temples it was very refreshing to come back to the hotel, sit in the pool and drink a cold beer or two.
The tuk tuk rides into town were great fun, and the drivers were extremely helpful and reliable.
All in all we had a great stay, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others, or indeed returning myself.