“Perfect start to Cambodian adventure”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #23 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Oh we are so glad we found this place on trip advisor as it is truly amazing. Everything about this hotel is perfect! The service is the best feature with extremely attentive staff that seem to know whenever you need something. The food is yummy and the VIP package is such as great incentive to stay longer. The massage was fantastic and we returned for another one the next day. If in Siem Reap stay here. Pool side rooms are great with a spacious room and super comfy beds. Location is good and prices for tours are fair. Mr Son our tuk tuk man was great and we had him for all our transfers and our grand trip. Ask for him as he is really lovely.

1  Thank Elise G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,785)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Tip - book direct with the hotel rather than through a third party website and they threw in a load of stuff like the pickup, free lunch and massage for free!

There is a risk that in writing this review I raise your expectations to a level that can't possibly be met, but I think the Golden Temple Hotel is my favourite hotel I've ever stayed in.

Let's lower your expectations first. The rooms aren't that big. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but some people like that sort of thing. But they are nicely-decorated and comfortable.

Ok, that's the only downside I can think of. Here is a selection of the things I liked:
- free pick-up from bus station.
- the hostess learnt our names, and whenever she saw us in the 3 days we were there, she called us by our names and asked how we were. Sometimes that sort of thing comes over as a bit fake, but not here.
- sitting by the pool in the afternoon, they come round with free tea and snacks
- the supply of bottled water was constantly restocked in our room (needed at the time of year we were there!).
- breakfast included. Why do so few hotels do this?
- early morning breakfast (4.30am) provided for the day we went to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat.
- booked all our trips out for us with guides they recommend.
- when my friend felt a bit under the weather one morning, they offered to knock up their special soup to perk him up.
- when using their computers, they bring over tea and wet flannels.
- they have hammocks by the pool. I like a hammock.
- free massage.

And at checkout:
- more water!
- free t-shirts.
- they took our photo with the hostess and emailed it to me hours later.

I have no real need to go back to Siem Reap, but I would go out of my way there to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rob99Wales
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and can honestly say this was the best hotel we have stayed in in SE Asia. I would highly recommend staying 3 nights+ and booking directly on their website as you then get the 'VIP package' with lots of extras! The additional extras below (free breakfast/lunch/massage) are based on the VIP package.

From the moment you arrive you are greeted with drinks, fruit, tea and cold towels. They make sure they know your names and make every effort to speak to you whenever you're in the hotel. Our hotel rep Ti (not sure on spelling..!) was lovely!

The hotel itself is very cool and the rooms are beautifully designed. The pool is great for a cool down after a long day exploring the temples and the leg massage comes HIGHLY recommended.

They also prepare a complimentary packed breakfast and lunch to take for a sunrise tour or a long day trip.

I really cannot fault this hotel. Our only issue was hearing bass from another local hotel and also the view from the balcony of a wall was probably not as interesting as that of the pool side rooms, but this can't really be helped as the whole road is currently being developed into more hotels.

I wish we knew our tuk tuk driver's name as he was also brilliant. For those on a budget, we downloaded a very good kindle guide to the temples so didn't get a separate guide for the tours but they are available.

Just when we thought they couldn't get any better they sent us off with photos and t-shirts to take home. Great hotel and wonderful staff!

1  Thank Jhatuk
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the golden temple for a week. The staff are amazing, very friendly and very helpful. There was construction going on at the hotel at the time of our stay which we new about before we booked. The staff kept appologising for the noise and gave us fresh fruit plates and juice everyday to make up for it. I was also unfortunate to become ill during our stay and the staff would all ask how i was and ask if they could do anything to help. One of the days we stayed their we didnt have any water and had to repeatedly call the front desk to ask them to repair it. While, this was annoying it was not a huge deal and again all the staff repeatedly appologised and gave us several free massages to make up for it. The hotel is in a great location and they can organise various trips for you, whatever you want to do really. I loved the staff at this hotel, they are a great reflection of the cambodian people whom we found to be friendly, kind and loving. I would like to thank them for their care and making us feel so welcome. I would go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I together with my family stayed here this month and we had a fantastic experience. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. We already checked out at 12 noon but our flight is still at 10:30 pm. We left our bags in the hotel and went to the museum and cooking classes. When we arrived back to golden temple hotel, they still welcomed us with cold towels and served us with unlimited tea and nuts while waiting for our flight. I love their free souvenir shirts and they send us delicious pastries and apples. We can not ask for more. Excellent sevice and value for money at its finest! We highly recommend this hotel to all those who want to visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

i don't really do reviews so this is my first, because golden temple deserves it. i have never experienced such great hospitality. if you need a REAL holiday, staying at golden temple is enough! i would like to commend An-ne and all staff members for making us feel so special! The staff even beats the people from Shangrila Hotel!! Dont think twice booking this hotel!

3  Thank KarenCue
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The minute we stepped in we were greeted with happy smiling people. Their warmth and hospitality made our stay extra special. The hotel has an ambiance of the best spas, it was so relaxing after a long flight. Our was not ready yet, so they gave us free breakfast and massage. Their lemon ice, oh my god!!!, i cant get enough of it! When we finally got into the room, there were rose petals on the bed and special
arrangements. After a long tour of the temples, the staff will offer hot towels and a snack with a cold drink for free! There is an in house spa which is cheaper that the spas on Pub street, a lot cleaner too! Speaking of, Pub street which is the main party place in Siem Reap as well as the old market are walking distance or $2 tuk tuk ride. Also free tuk tuk to and from the airport. The tours can also be booked at hotel with competitive prices. When you ask to make up your room, you will come back to it with flowers and petals all over. Over all i reckon this is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in, way way better than 5 star accomodations we stayed at in Sydney!

1  Thank hondasx8