“Hidden gem, best boutique hotel ever!”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #26 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just spend 3 awesome days in Siem Reap at this hotel with my fiancee, and we had such a great time! The hotel is incredible, the service and the staff is unbelievable, they make you feel like royalty! The room is really nice.

Since the beginning of your journey, they treat you very well, they give you a complimentary dinner (incredible by the way), complimentary khmer massage (very very good!!!), they give you even breakfast to go if you want to go at early morning (5.30am) to see the sunrise at Ankor Wat.

They hire you the tuk tuk, massages are great and very low price (4 - 5 USD), food is delicious. Every reason to come back! Good location.

3  Thank David R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,838)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Believe the five-star reviews, and don't mind what minor annoyances may be mentioned-this place of beauty is complimented by the absolute dedication of its staff. In a country where people are lifting themselves out of a tragic recent history, making strides in education and overcoming poverty, the people here had almost unbelievable class and grace beyond compare. You will experience a profound feeling of peace here.

The housekeeping staff would come in to make up the room, even ironing the bed! These charming girls even giggled when they heard the Ross Sothea cd's playing that I bought in Phnom Pen.
Also worth mentioning is the food here- why anyone would seek Western food here is beyond me. The traditional meals that they prepare here were the best we had in the city, so we ended up not feeling the need to leave.
I miss this place and its wonderful people every day. We were thoroughly impressed and humbled.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms were great, but we came to prefer the garden side on the first floor because it w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 60745Davidb
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We (my wife, my parents in law and me) stayed at the Golden Temple for 4 nights and we had a wonderful time.

Everything was perfect but especially the staff really made us feel special and made our stay so great. From the great guy picking us up at the airport even late at night, the lovely front desk girls to the great restaurant staff everyone was so warmhearted, caring and funny. Especially Annee (I hope the spelling is right) always came over to chat with us and made sure we where all right.

The rooms where tastefully decorated and smelled very nice. Nice warm colors, lots of pillows and so on. Only the bathroom could be bigger and a bathtub would be perfect but it was ok nonetheless. The pool is really nice and big and it is heavenly to take a dip after the cruel heat of the day at the temples. The restaurant is very nice and we ended up not even bothering to to into town for food anymore. One night we went to Sugar Palm, one of the upmarket places in Siem Reap and I have to say the food at Golden Temple is at least the same quality at a much lower price tag.

Also to mention: We needed to do some laundry and first I did not even dare to ask what they charge (I am used to 10 US$ plus per piece) and they charged us 1 US$ per kilogram, the same which I pay when I bring it to some of the small laundry shops around town. So the hotel charged me nothing extra while I heard that other hotels in Siem Reap charge you lots of dollars.

One piece of advice: If you stay for 2 nights or more book directly at the hotel or via their own website (not with an agent or some internet portal) as they will give you a VIP package with awesome value for free: free pickup and drop-off at the airport, one free lunch or dinner at the hotel restaurant, one picnic lunch package, 1h free massage, free bike rental

If you want to feel special and have a wonderful time come to the Golden Temple Hotel

Room Tip: The first floor rooms with pool view can be looked into from the pool if you walk by. There are curt...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hesspoint
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let me Begin by saying the staff and service here are both tremendous. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy and well, with some staff even remembering our names for our whole stay.

At check in we received a ice cold drink and a snack, along with our freebies for our stay. We received a free 1 hr massage, a free Khmer dinner or lunch, a packed breakfast and a packed picnic for the temples. - all great.

Our room was large and smelt beautiful, with a big bed and good aircon. As others have said, the bathroom is different to what I expected but was good nonetheless.
We had two problems during our stay,
1. The first two days we had no soap in our bathroom, we just assumed maybe they didn't give soap and only gave "bath gel" but in the third day there was soap.
2. At breakfast, you can choose what you want from a few set meals. I ordered mine and when I got it, it had no hash brown and no tomato, pretty much the two reasons I ordered that set. When I enquired, I was told that there was none left, which I found hard to believe especially with the tomato when alot of their restaurant and pool side menu meals have tomato on it I.e. club sandwich.

All in all we had a great stay here, and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brades
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Fabulous greeting by the helpful and knowledgeable staff give an excellent first impression of this hotel. Located on a small site within 5 minutes walk of the centre of Siem Reap it has a lot to offer - beautiful garden, great pool, clean rooms and good food. Ideal for a short break while visiting the temples and the floating village. Inexpensive and excellent value for money. The complimentary massages, welcome drinks and tea/nibbles by the pool were icing on the cake. Couldn't recommend The Golden Temple more highly. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have the best outlook.
2  Thank Annakintoo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Believe the hype, the stories are true - the Golden Temple Hotel is a fantastic place to stay, and, in future, my first and only choice for Siem Reap.

I found the hotel's location excellent - only a short walk into town across the canal, on a relatively quiet street. There is a construction site across the street, but building seems to have stopped for the time being.

There's no point in repeating what others have said, the front of house staff are excellent - friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

The hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped, including the pool and gardens, though be careful around the pool - the tiles can get slippery!

Rooms are tastefully decorated, though the bathroom & shower set up (more like a wet room) is a bit different to what we are used in Australia. Still, it's functional and clean. Noise from the corridor was a minor inconvenience, caused by the outside acoustics and a gap between the door frame and one of the panels.

The only disappointment we found was the rather inattentive nature of the pool / restaurant staff, who did not check on us after delivering drinks & food to our poolside cabana. It was hot & sunny, and our glasses clearly empty. Why not clear the empty ones & offer to bring another? Breakfast options (Western) need expanding & improvement.

Overall, 8/10, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for tuk-tuk driver "Roger" (his anglicised name) for tours around town or the temples...
1  Thank kepsimax
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Outstanding service, always genuine, a real gem is this hotel. Who ever recruits and trains the staff should be commended. Better hospitality and service than most 5 star hotels, who in fact could learn a lot from the team at Golden Temple Hotel. Appart from beautiful surrounds, excellent restaurant which is good value what stands out most about this hotel is the people and the thing that seperates them from many other establishments is THEY REALLY CARE

Room Tip: Pool side, second or third level