Book In Advance

from $12.00
from $90.00
from $28.00
2,211 results
All reviews audio guide buddha images thousand buddhas khmer history better understanding entrance fee different languages great introduction couple of hours on display two hours well worth the visit phnom penh tuk tuk artifacts galleries information
Reviewed today via mobile

We spent 2.5 hours here, and it was well worth the entry fee of $12 US (11 booked on-line or through our hotel). I wish we had visited here before going to Angkor Wat as it gave us a good understanding of the history and the meaning of what we saw at the temples. We chose not to hire the audio guide and found the written descriptions of the exhibits were all we needed to make our visit worthwhile.

Reviewed yesterday

The Ankor National Museum is a great place to get more knowledge about the history and art in Cambodia. You will see all the beautiful buddhas and old artisan handscraft. Stunning! There is a nice cafeteria and bring at least 1-2 hours to see it all.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We visited at thel end of our trip and was fabulous . Wonderful museum of history of khmer history. Magnificent statues, reliefs etc from the temple. The Room of 1000 buddahs is breathtaking. We took the audio guide and highly recommend it. You an spend ada there but 1 1/2 to 2 hours should be enough to get a wonderful experience. Admission for foreigners is $12US and audio an additional $10. Well worth it. Purses, backpacks, hats not allowed. There is a check area. Steps r ramps to get to 2nd floor . Smll cafe for rinks and delicious ice cream / sorbet. Clean bathrooms. Tuktuks right outside to take you wherever you want to go .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The museum houses some of the best treasures in Angkor Wat or other Temples, that may not be found at the physical sites anymore. Some exhibits are well preserved, while some are partially damaged. Nevertheless, the exhibits are well curated and presented. I would recommend loaning the audio guide for another USD5 to have better understanding of the exhibitions, as there is not enough visual explanations in terms of signages and guides. An excellent choice to spend a quiet afternoon in if you want to escape the heat at Angkor Wat!

1  Thank Bluemist11
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

a very well designed large museum behind the Grand hotel, new since our last visit 20+ years ago; entrance fee $12 but well worth it; very well organised and lit; signage excellent; some magnificent statuary; a lot to see and all stone-work so saturation easily reached and several hours necessary. Documentation first class but sadly empty; why oh why as the display adds so much to one's appreciation of Angkor Wat

1  Thank dunstanrichard
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The museum was just along the road from our hotel so easy to nip into. All well laid out and very informative with plenty of multi-language detail about exhibits and their history. I think there were over 1,000 Buddhas of all shapes and sizes so, unless you were an expert on the small differences and intricate details it was a bit of overkill.

1  Thank johnn798
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Plenty to see at this museum dedicated to the Khmer Empire.......well worth a visit but pay the extra $5 for the audio as it definately helps with the experience.
Well laid out with a variety if exhibits.
We were ignorant of this part of Cambodia's history and found it fascinating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum was excellent and I am so glad that I visited it the day before I went to Angkor Wats. It gave me a better understanding of the history and what to look for when I visited the temple. My favorite exhibit was the Gallery of 1,000 Buddhas. I paid an extra $5 for the audio tour and I am so glad that I did. It gives excellent descriptions of the different artifacts in each gallery. Also, throughout the museum were videos explaining things of historical interest. Expect to spend at least 2 hours visiting this museum. It is excellent and I highly recommend that you visit it before you go to Angkor Wat.

1  Thank forshara
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You will find it worth the trip if you have extra time and budget.it's informative and very well organized

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cambodia must be proud because has so many temples in the country. The historians classified the civilization of Angkor in 3 era : Pra Angkor, Angkor Wat, and Post Angkor.

The main reason why I came to this museum because I was so curious about the connection between the Founder of Angkor Dynasty, King Jayavarman II (Pra Angkor Era) with my homeland (Java Island).

In Java long time ago according to Larry Gonick, Hindu arrived from Southern India to Sumatera Island first in the first Century. Then, spread to Java around 1st - 2nd Century. Another wave spread to Malay Peninsula also.

Java Island has so many temples and there are 2 big temples here : Borobudur (8th Century) and Prambanan (9th Century). King Jayavarman II had connection with Java in the past.

I am appreciate it, the government of Cambodia wrote quite brief explanation about King Jayavarman II and Java although not really detailed in this National Museum. I am a little bit dissappointed but it is okay.

This Museum has amazing collection of galleries (Gallery D : Angkor Wat, Gallery E: Angkor Thom, Gallery F: Story from Stones, Gallery G: Ancient Costumes).

For people who love museum, visiting this museum is a must especially you must read about King Jayavarman II.