“Beautiful Museum”

and up
Private City Tour in Siem Reap
Ranked #23 of 182 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We unfortunately had only an hour to spend at the museum and that was a big mistake. We almost skipped it because off running out of time... All very nicely displayed and not overstuffed like some museums. Would help to visit at the beginning of the trip and the enjoy the temples.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to the museum before visiting Angkor Wat temple and I think this was the right thing to do. It was an excellent introduction to the history and architecture of Cambodian temples. Highly recommend!

1  Thank DmitriL569
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited the museum after the temples and realised we would have got a much better level of understanding had we done the museum first it is well laid out and rooms are air conditioned so spend a pleasant couple of hours wandering around

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to this museum today - after reading some of the other reviews here on Tripadvisior, and we can't re-call any of the complaints made by a recent post.
The museum looks very nice from outside, and inside the warm and nice decor continued.

We came to the ticket counter, and as I am travelling with an ASEAN university student, we asked if there were any special fees, and the same for me, I am a teacher in Thailand, but from Europe. Both of us were given a 50% discount on the ticket price.

So please remember your ID card. If there should be a senior discount etc. I can't say.

BUT - anyway - if you know you will go to visit the museum, go to their website, and sign up for an online discount, and you will be given a 1$ discount on the ticket price. (Time limitted I think).

We really liked the way the museum was set up, and especially the Buddha images/statues were wonderful.

The history overview of the kings, Khmer Empire, and Buddhism were great.

We also found it quite amazing that most of the special movies to watch, could be watched in 6-7 different languages.

Surely a must see.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm so glad I visited the Angkor National Museum! After a day of seeing temples at Angkor Wat, I appreciated the opportunity to learn about the history and mythological stories behind many of the Buddhist and Hindu carvings. I feel like I knew much more about what I was seeing on my next day of temple touring, thanks to my day at this museum. We allotted about 2-3 hours for an enjoyable tour, and they have a nice little cafe where we chilled for a little while with an iced cold drink.