“Great Mexican and Khmer Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Viva Restaurant & Guesthouse
Ranked #126 of 502 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant located at busy Pub Street area in Siem Reap, they offer delicious Mexican and Khmer Food in town. Especially Fajita and Cassadila the most popular dishes at this restaurant.

I highly recommend this restaurant for those who plan to visit Siem Reap.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Viva Restaurant & Guesthouse

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great location, good value for money, nice breakfast, near pub street, near old-market, pick-up service from airport, good mexican restaurant downstairs and rooms are nice too .Recepcion staff recomended me a realy nice tuk-tuk driver.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant has now established itself as one of the fixtures of the Siem Reap dining scene and it seems always to be crowded with tourists from noon to midnight every day. So what is it that keeps the crowds coming back?

The restaurant is set in an old French colonial shop-house, which creates a bit of period charm. It is painted bright orange now, which I doubt it was back in the day, but the old, wooden shutters and street-front colonnade makes up for it, and you still get a sense of old Siem Reap. The cane tables don't hurt either and the kentia palms also add to the tropical ambience. In other words, the place has quite a bit of atmosphere.

The main point though is the food, and this place does very good Mexican food, especially for a restaurant set in provincial Cambodia. It wasn't quite as good as I remembered it from my previous visit but you are unlikely to do better for Mexican anywhere this side of Bangkok. Another small gripe is that the food isn't all that filling. For $5 for a burrito, you will probably have one of the less filling mains around town, but it is a very nice burrito nonetheless. We can also recommend the margaritas, which can be enjoyed from a carafe which serves three. Despite a few minor quibbles, we still enjoy coming here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bart F
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We love coming here for weekly Mexican meals... And our Khmer staff enjoys the local dishes they offer as well! Prices are some of the best in town! Service is fantastic and we have always had our special requests (no japalenos etc) taken care of!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We did not stay at the guesthouse, just had our lunch here. We are defenitely not coming back. Although we know we are not in Mexico the food should be better in our opinion. The chicken of the taco was like rubber. Think they tried to hide it by covering it with just coriander and onion, but only made it worse. We have met lots of friendly and smiling people, but here the waitresses didn't seem to know how to smile at all..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

As I love Siem Reap I would gladly stay anywhere, and I have as it happens. The great thing about Viva is it's location, oh, and the food. It is situated a two minute walk from the river Siem Reap which is a lovely walk, when it. Isn't flooded.
It is also seconds from the old market which is a must visit for everyone. I usually stock up on my spices. Kampot pepper is very cheap here as is ground saffron. Enough about shopping, what about pub street which is just round the corner but far enough away to not be disturbed at night if you want an early sleep.
Yes, sleep, the rooms are clean and I found them to have all I needed. There was a burst water main in April so we were short of water and someone managed to crash a truck in to the power station so we also had only generators but non of this was the fault of the hotel and to be honest they coped very well under adverse conditions. A definite plus there then.
It's a very busy Restraunt which speaks for itself. Try it, I've tried and I've convinced myself to go again

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I loved viva food , us2 frozen margarita and us1 Angkor beer.
Great Mexican food specially taco was great. We ordered two taco, 1 fajita chicken and1 chicken strip. It was enough for 2 adult and 2 children.

• Stayed: April 2013