“Clean, friendly, quiet”
Review of Ly Villa Angkor

Ly Villa Angkor
Ranked #254 of 513 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been here over a week. The staff are super friendly, and my possessions are safe here (unlike other guesthouses and dorms around here). The Wifi is one of the best in town, though obviously in this part of the world it will never be 100%. The guest house is close to Pub Street where the action is but far enough to sleep properly. I really don't have a single thing to complain about here.

The owner is careful to pick trustworth tuktuk drivers, and the price of his tours are good and can be trusted.

My main reason for staying here is that possessions are safe here. Some of the guest houses around here are not secure.

Room Tip: The dorm and the single rooms are good. I think there's a deluxe room but I didn't see it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Dont stay here, poor service. Over priced for what you get. Things I hate about this place,: 1.) internet is very slowewww and most of the time was out. Especially in second floor.2.) many times water is out during my stay. 2. Brian always find a way to over charge. Also very fake and half of the time you cant find him when you need him. Unprofessional and walks around shirtless... Gross. 4. Not clean. 5. A/c which is supposedly the reason why I booked this hotel.. Was very weak. .. Also Location is very dark at night... Not enough light so I didnt felt safe walking. quite a walk from pub street. Only nice thing about this place is the front desk staff and housekeeping. The owner sucks. That bald guy is annoying. Overpriced! Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank travelingangela09
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed in a dorm room and 3 bedded room with friends. Both clean and with air con. Staff and owner very friendly and helpful. Some cute kittens running around. Only qualms were the ongoing renovation and used their tuk-tuk driver, felt he was no more trustworthy than finding one on the street.... He was definitely doing deals to get more money out of me at the attractions I went to. Disappointing especially as they charge more than the going rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Everyone who works there is very helpful and informative. The price is reasonable, the service is good, and the best thing is I can help myself with the hot water they provide for tea, coffee, etc.

The place is cosy, comfortable, I much more than I had expected. I will definitely stay there again if I visit Siem Reap again.

The living room has beautiful wooden furniture and the benches are really comfortable.

Good job, this is the best guest house I have been so far. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

One of the first great things was that I was picked up from the bus by their tuk tuk driver. As a single female traveller, this was a godsend. Stayed in the mixed dorm which were fine. Mattresses we fairly old and bathroom has a slight damp problem but we have to remember that we are paying 5$ a night here people!
By far the best thing about this place was the hospitality. The Australian owner, Brian, warned us of a few bars in the town mentioning names but due to fatigue I forgot the names. Unfortunately, I went to this bar and got very ill. Brian looked after me like a parent. He was amazing, checking on me and providing me with the necessary guidance and medication. I ended up extending my stay to 5 nights as I felt so rough and TLC was needed.

Yes the Internet is intermittent and the AC isn't particularly strong but again I go back to my earlier point, for 5$, you can't expect much. The place is clean with a great atmosphere, friendly people and only a short walk to the Main Street.

Thank you Brian and the gang for making me feel so welcome!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were picked up by one of the hostel's tuktuk drivers at the bus station and taken to the guesthouse. We had booked a 6 bed dorm, which had 2 bunk beds and 2 singles. Nice spacious room, with huge bunkbeds, not the comfiest mattresses, but decent nonetheless.
Set away from the main road down a dirt track (quite standard in Siem Reap though) but not too far, and always people around.
The tuktuk drivers were nice, and not overpriced. They will take you around Angkor Wat for a decent price.
A pleasant stay, especially after Sihanoukville.
Would be perfect if they installed a pool!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

After I faced some major problems at the villa brak sovann in siem reap, it was a good decision to stay here. The welcoming was friendly, the vibes were great. David, an Aussie managing this place temporarily, was a funny and charming fellow, who helped me as much as possible. The cambodian staff were nice, too.
The room was clean and tidy... cannot complain about the a/c.
wifi-reception was weak in the room (which I personally do not mind), but reliable in the common areas. Moreover, they provide a desktop-pc with internetaccess and tea for free!
The location is in 5-10 minutes walking distance to the noisy pub area. There are more attractive restaurants and bars in the close sorrounding.
Thank you again and please remember to send me an email ;-)

• Stayed: July 2013