Ly Villa Angkor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bayon Boutique(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
The Night Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspub streetnight marketbooking busestuk tuk driversok san roadstayed here for nightsdouble roomrooms are bigfantastic stayair conditioninghostelwifitourscambodiabackpackersmr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent service, friendly and extremely useful and convenient.
Brian and his staff did a very good job in suggesting the places to visit, how and when.
The Villa arranges also pick up with tuktuk and Mr. Sothea is the best tuktuk driver I ve ever met: safe, funny, reliable and took me in the right place at the right time
Rooms are clean and big.
It s really more than I could expect considering how cheap it is.
I ll be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in the dorm which was cleaned everyday. It has hot water and AC and if your looking for a good nights sleep this is the place to come. The guest house is friendly and staff are very helpful. There is also a computer for guests to use.
It is near lots of cheap restaurants and the night market. Pub street is just a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I paid $3 for a tuk tuk from where the Phnom Penh bus dropped me off which I thought was OK. It's cheap as such accommodation goes, and runs pretty much full up most of the time, so book ahead. Very friendly check in from the Australian owner (there is also a French speaking guy. C'est un homme qui parle Francais aussi) and you get handed an information sheet which gives you tuk tuk rates, etc so you don't get ripped off. I had a room on the ground floor and while clean, etc it was a "bit airless", with no view. But nothing to stop you spending day time at the accommodation in the large lobby or even outside, sitting in a shaded area. Large ornate wooden bed. Air conditioning, lots of channels on TV, good wifi. A grey river close by but no smell. About ten minutes walk to the main street of town. Lots of eating places nearby and travel agents. Quiet at night. I did try to stay a few days more but it was full up. Breakfast has to be arranged the day before but I found a nice little coffee shop a few minutes walk away which did a tasty cheese omelette with a large piece of baguette for just $1.50.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I asked them to pick me up but my bus delayed for about 2 hrs and my mobile couldn't use at that time so at last I took Tuktuk to the place. The villa is in a quiet place I really like it. AC and hot water in the dorm and the bed is very big. But if they can change the new mattress that would be better. The staffs are very kind and helpful. The only reason I cannot give 5 stars is too many mosquitoes! Anyway I will recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here a few months back, but we really enjoyed our time here. I think we spent maybe 3 nights and had the double room downstairs opposite the dorm. We did expect some noise due to being pretty much IN the reception, but there wasn't any so this was all good.
The bed was very decent and comfy, and I remember the shower being very good, definitely what you need after sweating all day at the temples!

The owner was a decent guy, gave us lots of info and helped us decide what temples would probably suit us best. Although a lot more money than little shops up the road, I did have 2 breakfasts here and they were really good and generous portions- so you do get what you pay for!

Only negative was due to our room being on the ground floor and the building next door being so close, our room was very dark so we always had to have our light on really, even in the mornings it was quite dark. But to be honest this isn't a huge issue and i'd happily stay here again, I doubt the same problem occurs upstairs :)

He does have a handful of local guys who he organises for the temples if you want. We did this and although it was probably more money than haggling someone down on the street, it just saved us the grief to be honest! Plus the guy had a coolbox with him and he included 6 small bottles of water and cold face wipes each day, so can't complain at that.

Lastly we thought the location was great. Close enough for a gentle 5/10minute walk to the 'centre' but far enough away to have no noise and hassle at night. Plus it's near the night market, which is still one of my favourite markets in Asia so far :) I did enjoy the shopping in Siem Reap I must confess!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple