Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Private Siem Reap Tour Guide tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Private Siem Reap Tour Guide
from $120.00
from $137.50
from $100.00
from $144.00
1,585 results
All reviews sam pho driver mr contacted sam angkor wat sam's company his knowledge two days suggested itinerary cold water fishing village via email tonle sap lake kompong khleang knew how excellent tour always on time avoid the crowds
Reviewed 2 days ago

As mentioned on other reviews, we exchanged a few emails with Sam before arriving in Siem Reap and everything went smoothly. We booked 3 one-day tours with Mr Yuhan, and we had a great time: he was informative, knowledgeable, flexible, very professional, his English was excellent and he even threw in a good dose of humor.
I totally recommend taking a tour guide to visit Angkor Wat and the surroundings (no way you can get so much insight on your own), and I also totally recommend the Siem Reap guide Services.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We booked this online after arriving in Siem Reap only 48 hours before we wanted to take the tour. They quickly responded and our guide Mr. Lean Bunna was perfect for us.
We were picked up promptly at 4:50 a.m. at our hotel in a nice comfortable Lexus car, air conditioned (very important for us Canadians travelling in the heat!!) with a supply of chilled water for the day. As a photographer, our guide listened to my requests and really made a difference to our whole experience. He got us quickly through the process of buying our 3 day passes and then into the Angkor Wat site and positioned in a great spot to see the sunrise from right at the pond edge and at the right angle for great photos. He worked out our route to avoid the crowds (as much as possible - there are 3 million visitors a year to these temples!!) especially the large bus tours of Chinese tourist which can overwhelm these sites. We were provided with good clean bathroom breaks and a chance to stop for photo opportunities along the route. His knowledge of each of the sites, the history of the Buddhist and Hindu religions, the construction techniques and the decorative details taught us a lot. Our driver did a great job of driving us safely for the day and was always ready at the pick up points.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My wife and I did a private tour with sunrise at Angkor and 3 other temples during the day. Chet was our guide, he was very knowledgeable and passionate about his profession. We asked him a ton of questions throughout the day, from general questions about the temples to general Cambodian culture, all of which he was able to answer.
Very valuable experience and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Sam and his team came highly recommended from a colleague and these guys still exceeded all my expectations. The guide, Kim and driver, Nara, were both excellent.

Sam planned a very thoughtful 3-day itinerary for us and from the moment we landed at REP to the flight out, we were taken care of.

Kim is exceptional. He is very knowledgeable about the history of the sites and the origin stories of the temple carvings. We also found him to be extremely kind and friendly, with a great sense of humor. We were very sad to say goodbye as it felt like we had made a strong connection even in just a few days. The best thing was that Kim adjusted to our pace after he could see that we were struggling to adjust to the climate. He also had the patience of a saint as we repeatedly stopped at the market stalls exiting the sites while we haggled over a few dollars. Another great perk - Kim is quite a skilled photographer and took many unique photos that will provide us with a lifetime of memories (vertical panoramas of the wife and me at Ta Prohm, unique angles and shots to avoid some of the scaffolding at the sites, front row-dead center at the Angkor Wat reflecting pool on our Sunrise tour, etc.).

Our 3-day tour was in a very comfortable 10-passenger van that my wife and I had all to ourselves. We could fully crank the AC and we were provided with ice cold waters at our request. The restaurants we were taken to for lunches were also quite good, not a bad meal among them. If there was one negative during our entire 3-day tour it was our takeaway breakfast from our hotel. That’s entirely on the hotel.

We are going to recommend Sam and Kim to everyone we know. There is no question that you need a guide in order to understand what you’re looking at, and I don’t think any other experience could top these guys.

They are the best!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We did a custom temple tour with our guide Bunna. He was incredibly knowledgeable and the whole day was great. The private tour allowed us to go at our own pace and visit the temples we really wanted to see!

Reviewed 5 days ago

Wonderful experience and informative introduction for this private tour with Mr. Yuhan. Highly recommended !

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had a three day tour with Sam and driver Leak. Excellent. Sam speaks very good English and has a wealth of knowledge about Cambodian history and the surrounding temples and sites. He is obviously passionate about his country, and it’s history, both ancient and more recent. The driver was excellent as driving in Cambodia can be tricky!! Sam is also great at pointing out the best vantage points for that perfect picture postcard shot. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our guide, Yuhan was fantastic and spoke clear English with a large vocabulary. His explanations were very detailed and interesting, sparking further questions which he answered with equal knowledge. He catered to our pace and offered impromptu rest stops if he thought we were tired. Yuhan seemed like he possessed endless energy!

The driver, Mr. Vanny, was highly attentive. He helped the lady in our party in and out of the well air-conditioned van which was clean and well cared-for. We always had bottles of cold water waiting for us along with chilled individually wrapped towels which were not small "wet wipes" but large towels which allowed us to cool our faces, necks and arms off.

Having viewed many European cathedrals and churches, temples in South Asia and Buddhist temples in Bangkok and Vietnam, I can say that Angkor Wat is worth seeing. in addition, the other temples had unique characteristics which were fascinating. Yuhan and Mr. Vanny made the day special and highly comfortable!

Logistics and communication were highly professional and well organized. There was no upselling, diversion to purchase souvenirs, etc. A well run outfit by ambitious Cambodia entrepreneurs. We wish them great success and would heartily recommend them. My companions are similarly effusive.

Jeffrey and friends

Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent 3 exciting days in Siem Reap and Sam Pho was my private driver who I arranged to do a custom tour. I hadn't made any tour bookings prior to arriving in the country, so he was very accommodating to work with my schedule. Sam speaks English very well and has a wealth of knowledge about the history, carvings and statues on the temples. You will also learn a lot from him about life in Cambodia, fascinating to hear. He is also keen to learn more about your home country and hear about your travels.

Day 1 - Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm and Bayon temples
Day 2 - Koh Ker and Boeng Mealea temples
Day 3 - Kompong Phluk Floating village

Overall very exciting trip, and was a pleasure to have a driver/guide who is easy to connect with, flexible and knew what he was talking about. I will miss Cambodia, definitely one of the highlights on my South-East Asia trip.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Sam is an easy going guide with excellent knowledge and you can easily tell he’s been in every part of every wat many times. Absolutely recommended