Sam So Guesthouse is not your run of the mill guesthouse. When you stay here, you will feel like you are staying with long lost family. Upon our arrival Sam So and his family welcomed us warmly and showed us our $8 double fan room with private bath. The room was spacious, with a TV and a very comfortable mattress. It was cleaned every day. We originally planned on staying two nights but extended to 5 nights, much due to Sam So's hospitality.
Things that we really liked about this guesthouse:
1) Free pickup! Our bus was 4 hours late and we didn't have a phone so we were shocked to see a driver still waiting for us. He was all smiles when we arrived, not an ounce of complaint of our late arrival.
2) Sam So offered us a ride to the Old Market area on our first evening. We were beat from the bus ride. It was an awesome way to orient ourselves. We walked back from Old Market - took less than 10 minutes.
3) Absolute genuine warmth of the staff: one night, Sam So's mother offered us homemade soup. On a couple other evenings they invited us to share a beer and chat. They were always welcome and even when we inquired about a driver to Angkor Wat or onward travel to Bangkok they never went into sales mode. It really felt like they were there to help us.
4) Bicycles! We took bicycles to Angkor Wat one day - it's a great way to explore the area.
5) Location: Close to downtown but very quiet at night. And there's an amazing $3 buffet style BBQ place across the street.
6) Free computer and wifi
All in all, this was a great place to stay. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a budget place with character in Siem Reap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sam So Guesthouse is located in the center of Siem Reap city, Cambodia. It is a very nice place to stay, great atmosphere. Located about 15 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport, Sam So Guesthouse is about a 10-minute walk to the Old Market, the Night Market and Pub Street, as well as a scenic 10-minute drive to the world famous Angkor Wat. It has 19 rooms. Every room has private bathroom (with hot water), mini-fridge, cable TV, and free Internet service (with a wireless connection) and free pick-up from airport, bus station and pier. Free Breakfast with tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sam So Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.