“Oscar Munar (spain)”

Ranked #115 of 268 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Oscar Munar (spain)”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Thanks to Sopheia !!! as she was very very frendly !!! and all the stuff !!! thanks all for the help and the fun karaoke night!!!!!!!
This place was aboslutely brilliant. The room was spacious,very good value compared to other places we saw,they picked me up from the bus station.!
would definately recomend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Siem Reap
I DEFINATELY RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE IS LOOKING TO STAY IN
SIEM REAP!!!
THANKS SOPHEIA!!XX

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed November 11, 2010

In this review we want to pay special attention to the excellent service of Mr Long Buonroeun, a tuk- tuk driver of the Advisor Angkor Villa where we stayed for 6 days.
Mr Long looked after us during our day at the Tempels of Angkor. He picked us up at 04.40 am with a smile (that didnt dissappear once). Because we could only spend one day in the area, he gave us advice on the temples and their distance. Thanks to him, we had a full day customized to our wants. Not only is he very friendly, he is very professional too! He knows a lot about the different temples AND about beautiful photo-opportunities. More than once, he stopped during a ride to show us how beautiful the scenery was and to give us the chance to take a picture.
He made it a day we won't forget! Thank you Mr Long!

, from 04.00 am until 05.00 pm. He

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
british columbia
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Sopheia was such a great help for our experience in Siem Reap. My friend and I got very sick and she personally took us to the doctor to be sure he understood what we needed. We got our own personal tuktuk driver for our entire trip who waited on us very patiently! He also took us for our tour at Angkor Wat bright and early at 5am. Breakfast was served in the am, laughs in the evening. I would definatly recommend Advisor Angkor to anyone looking for a personalized experience in Siem Reap! xoxo love Kels & Chels from Canada!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Macau, China
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I stayed in Advisor Angkor Villa for 3 nights at the end of Oct 2010. I absolutely loved it! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They were not pushy at all! Our tuk tuk driver (Mr Phal) was very accommodating. He toured around Angkor and often asked where else we wanted to see in Angkor!
The hotel room was pretty comfy, tidy and clean.
Reasonable price for the tuk tuk service around Angkor and for the hotel room, AND free fish massage.
The hotel is a liiiiiitle bit far off from the town, but the hotel provides free tuk tuk service from 7-11pm which was fine for us. The hotel is not far away from all the main sites/temples of Angkor. I'd say it takes 5 or 10 min by tuk tuk from the hotel to town and 10 or 15 min from the hotel to the Angkor temples.
We didn't notice any restaurants or shops near the hotel, but it was completely fine for us, because we often headed off to town in the eve. If you're not too picky, there's cheap and yummy street food near the hotel.
I'm extremely happy I stayed in Advisor Angkor Villa: we toured around the temples during the day, headed off to town in the eve and back to a comfy hotel room.
If you're looking for a nice and relaxing place to stay, then I'd strongly recommend to stay in Advisor Angkor Villa. I chose this one mainly because of the amount of positive reviews that I'd read beforehand.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Giniani
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed in Advisor Angkor from 28-30 october. I found this villa by internet and because of the honest and careful description, I choose to stay here during my days in Siem Reap. When I arrived at a busstation in the airport area, I called the villa for a pick-up and Sopheia, the most lovely and caring girl I meet during my trip in Asia, picked me up in about 15 minutes. So funny we share the same name. During my stay Sopheia was very caring, give good traveltips and was 24/7 standby to bring or pick me up anywhere in Siem Reap. If I asked her to bring me somewhere it was no problem. She even invited me for sharing real Cambodian dinner, that was amazing!! I only feel sad for her that she only can sleep 1 hour a day, thats not normal for Western people and I think it just can't be good for her health on the long term. However I will recommend Advisor Angkor for sure and I'm thankful for staying there during my trip. The rooms were clean also and quit to have a good sleep. It was great also that I could use the toilet of my room after the check-out (and even to lock my luggage) because I had to wait for my bustrip to Phnom Penh. My conclusion is that the staff of Advisor Angkor is very friendly, helpfull, warm and a special shout out to Sopheia, a great girl, thank you very much for everything!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I recommend staying at the Advisor Angkor Villa. I stayed for 2 nights - only $5 USD per night. I had my own room and queen sized bed w/o air con - but didn't need it. I felt perfectly safe and never thought anyone would steal my stuff if I left it there. Free internet and morning breakfast and airport pickup and free tea/coffee. You get a towel as well. It's simple and clean enough. It's about a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride from pub street. There is free transport to town, but you need to come back to Advisor by 11:30pm. If you want to stay out later - it's like 1.5 USD to get a ride back. [-] web: www.advisorangkor.com

My driver was named Mr. Long Buonroeun, "Long." I recommend him too. Very nice, English is good and will take you to all the cool places to go in Angkor Wat. The smaller tour was $10 usd for the whole day while the longer tour with more driving was $20 usd. His email is [-]

1 Thank Angelscamp
verona
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Angkor villa is a very quiet cheap accomodation site in the middle-way between downtown and the temples.
the owner Adan and the other people working inside are very friendly.
you'll find there the guide tour tuk-tuk driver to the temples, free bicycle and for everything you'll need there's the very kind Sophea.
it's about 2km to downtown, no problem to arrive free service to pick-up.
high racommended! have a nice trip!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo