“A Pleasant Stay.....”

and 1 more site!
Yellow Hostel
Ranked #172 of 513 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Upon arrival I was a little sceptical about the guesthouse. There was a lot of loud music & things seemed a little unorganised. Any other day it wouldn't have bothered me, but after an 8 hour boat ride from Phnom Penh, my patience was limited.

Anyway, it turned out to be a really nice place to stay & I enjoyed my visit there.

The rooms are basic & more than accpectable for the money you pay. The bathrooms are okay & do the job for a quick shower etc. The room had AC & a fan which made the room nice & cool. There was also a little TV with about nine million channels should you wish to watch TV.

The bar/restaurant area provided good food at a reasonable price, if you're hungry. There was also a small pool area should you fancy cooling down.

The staff were very good & would always help wih any requests. Overall, after an uncertain start, the guesthouse turned out to be very good for the money paid.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 30, 2014

All the room are very nice and clean, swimming pool is so beautiful. the staff are very helpful and kind to arrange tuk tuk for us with reasonable price to the angkor wat temple and old market area(pub street). that it was a great memory for us. just checked out but miss hotel already. we have a great time in cambodia and great rest in the hostel also.

We strongly recommend you to stay here in Yellow Hostel!

Room Tip: My room was good view on the five floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my friends stayed at Yellow hostel for a week during12-19 November 2013 and we so very happy with our holiday! Great service from beginning to end. we are so lucky the pickup service from the airport is FOC with tuk tuk. the staff here are very friendly and helpful especially front desk staff they help us to manage our tour around the Angkor wat area, and other popular place in siem reap, the hotel driver was very friendly he gave us a guide of all the temples. everything was great here the room is cool and excellent food.
Overall we are very satisfied with our stay and can strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: everything here look excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our room was a bit dirty. Toilet even worse, no toilet papaer. GyestHouse was very noise, maybe it was bad Luck because of some drunk guy on our floor. I quite disliked the smell on the frontdesk, all day smelling like egg...
People sleeping on the floor of reception, I know it is a budget guesthouse, just found it a bit weird. Swimming pool had a funny color, water was green.
I was told I would have a free pick up at the airport and nobady showed up.
As a compliment I had a medical emergency and staff was helpfull.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I come here with a group of 9 pax, we stayed in this hostel during November 2013 for the holiday .the service is nice staff are friendly ,helpful with the professional knowledge of hospitality. room are fantastic with the big tv and bathroom daily clean also make us very comfortable feel like our home .Restaurant are good near by the lobby ,they server asian and western food all the food are very delicious. about the front the receptionist's english is good , some of them even can speak chinese as well they help me alot cus some of my friend cant speak well english only chinese . at last i want to recommend this hostel to all the tourist that want come to cambodia for holiday like us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 in a group of 8 people and have to say, my experience was awful. Where do I even start... We arrived and the entire building was under construction. We were not given a heads up about this either. There were wires and stray nails scattering the hallways - posing obvious safety hazards. The lobby (wouldn't even call it a lobby in the state it was in...) was an absolute disaster. Tools, wires, nails, ladders, debris, dust was all over the place. The nails and wires and debris were all over the stairs and hallways as well - even found some nails right outside the door to my room (you also have to take off shoes upon entering so this is a SERIOUS hazard). There was also cigarette smoke that filled our rooms and the AC didn't even work. There was absolutely no food - their restaurant was closed but they told us it was open but only for bread and jam. One morning we woke up at 5am to go to Angkor Wat to watch sunrise and we came downstairs to the ENTIRE STAFF SLEEPING in the hotel "lobby" - some without clothing on. To add to this, another staff member would hangout in the "lobby" shirtless and dripping sweat. The free tuk-tuks were a lie as well. You can only take them to Pub Street and often times they were not in service. The pool they claim to have was non-existant and we resorted to using the pool next door at Okay Villa. We also did our laundry next door as well as we had friends who got their laundry destroyed and lost using Yellow Guesthouse Services. I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I completely regret staying here for as long as I did and should have never entered this place. We tried to give this place a chance and were sadly disappointed. With all this said... I would hope the "lobby" is actually finished by now.

DISCLAIMER - I am writing this on behalf of 16 people who stayed here. I know some negative reviews probably look like the person is just crazy. I can assure you that this is NOT the case. Really don't stay here - and look at our photos for proof.

Room Tip: don't stay here - go next door and get a room at Okay Villa
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank safarigahry
Reviewed December 29, 2013

one of the nicest rooms we stayed in on our three month trip. huuuuge rooms, large ceilings, good shower, cable tv, really friendly staff- apologised for the construction going on,helpful for on going travel

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple