My first tripadvisor review to share the great experience we had at this hotel.
I travelled with my wife and my 3 childrens, age 9, 11 & 12.
We picked this hotel maintly because it is very well situated (a 5 minutes walk to the old market area where most of the shops and restaurants are situated) and because it offered suites, or rather small appartments.
The appartments are situated in a separate building from the hotel per say, accross a small street. The balcony overlooked the river and we had a marvelous view of the city and of the sunset.
We booked a 2 bedroom suite. I was disapointed on arrival because it was on the ground floor and asked if another was available. The manager upgraded us to a 3 bedroom suite on the 4th floor with no extra charge. Also, we left the hotel for 2 days to go to Battambang, leaving all of our stuff in the appartment, but since the hotel was not full, the manager did not charge us for the 2 nights away.
The suites are very well furnished, just like an appartment (would be fine for an expat.), with a large fridge, a microwave, a stove, and even a washing machine. With the kids, It was nice to be able to have meals and breakfasts there, and to wash clothes. The wifi was working well.
The suites are large, but the size described on the website seems exagerated.
There are two swimming pools on the roof of the buildings. We had the one in our building to ourselves.
Breakfast is good (choice of continental, American or Cambodgian), but it is better not to arrive too late if you want croissant and chocolatine, otherwise you will have to settle for toasts.
We only had one meal there. The food was very nice, but mostly Cambodgian, and the kids preferred steak & fries .... A few occidental dishes on the menu would be welcome.
The staff was very helpful and eager to please.
We highly recommend this hotel, which was like a home away from home, during our stay at Siem Reap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Karavansara Retreat and Residences is unparalleled — a world cultural heritage site, a beautiful natural environment, award-winning architectural design, exceptional service and a small number of rooms to ensure exclusivity and privacy. The ethos of Karavansara is founded in the sophisticated luxury that is afforded by attention to the smallest details. Come join us for an enriching, enlightening and rewarding 'lifestyle' experience that will make this the holiday you will always cherish. Comfort, convenience, relaxes and delicious are the hallmarks of Karavansara Retreat and Residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Karavansara Retreat & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karavansara Retreat & Residences Hotel Siem Reap
- Karavansara Retreat And Residences