Angkor Safari Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop pooltwo bedroom apartmentpub streetold markettuk tukshort walkperfect locationthe hotel staffvisiting siem reapstayed here for nightsair conretreatcambodiaguidedollarssunriseangkor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Visited from 7th to 11th July 2012 with my wife,daughter and son in law.
Immediately my wife and i were told that we were upgrade to a room with a balcony, ground floor room 8.
Well designed rooms with one of the best air conditioning units ever,this was most welcome after a very hot day visiting the temples.
Free in room safes were available.
Breakfast each morning found the selection was very repetitive but ok.
Staff at reception were very helpful which made it an enjoyable experience.
On the roof there is a small pool that does enough to cool you down on a hot day,previous reviewers had mentioned that there was no shaded areas around the pool but that seems to have been addressed now there are tables with umbrellas.
Food is excellent in the hotel if you decide to stay local for dinner.

Location is also excellent 5min walk over the river to Pub Street where the local restaurants sell great food at reasonable prices and where you can buy a pint of beer for 50 us cents.

Angkor Wat temples are also nearby but be warned DO NOT use the local taxis that will offer their services on the way from the airport to the hotel,that is what we did only to find that he dropped us off at a temple location with an arrangement to pick us up an hour later,when were ready to move to the next temple the driver was nowhere to be seen,he did not reply to the messages we left on his phone and would not answer when we tried to phone him.
We received a call later in the day after having to use tuk tuks to get around asking if we got lost.
We arranged later that day to meet and only pay for the taxi ride to the temple, he had the cheek to ask if he was required the next day, the answer was a polite no thanks or something like that.
We later arranged that day with the hotel reception staff to arrange for an official guide and driver to take us to the rest of our visits,this turned out to cost only 140us dollars for the four of us for 2 full days and all our transport.
The next morning as arranged Paul our guide for the next 2 days arrived and asked us what we would like to visit,he became a friend to us in those 2 days and was full of information throughout our visits to the temples and the floating village which is a must.
We also stopped on our way back from the temples to the Landmine Museum and to the old Cambodian gentleman who in the 1990s gained his degree in architecture and has over the years made these amazing scale models of the temples and the drawings that he made for them from books that he hid from the brutal Khmer Rouge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jones19553
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed in the Karavansara for one night because of it's location. It's near the riverfront and near Pub Street. It's a short walk to both or you can take a Tuk Tuk to Pub Street for about $1US. My friend and I stayed on the top floor right beside the rooftop pool. The rooms are clean although the layout of the bathroom is a little bit weird. The internet is weak on the top floor but great in the lobby/restaurant area. The rooftop pool is a bit small but it's still a nice little area if the only thing you want is to layout. Overall, I liked the Karavansara and only gave it a 4 out of 5 because of the small pool and weak internet.

Room Tip: It's nice to get the top floors that are beside the pool. I think it's room 9-11. I stayed in 9.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Chose Karavansana as our base based on positive reviews and we were not disappointed. The rooms were a good size and the location of the hotel, just a 5 minute walk from Pub Street, was ideal. The pool is small but ideal for cooling off after a day walking round the temples. The staff are the biggest asset however. Always attentive and willing to help out, they organised a late check out for us without any problem at all. I would definitely tell anyone going to Siem Reap to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed for 3days at the residence room with my old parents.
The room which has 3 bed rooms and 1 living room with kitchen is clean and big enough for family usage.
Free wifi is available in the hotel.
It is located by the river and close to the old market for shop and dine. (a few minutes walk)
Also it's a great location to visit Angkor Wat, Angkor Tom and other heritages by tuk tuk or tour taxi.
I must stay again when I come back to Cambodia and I'd like to stay longer next time!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shiro19680507
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed on the 1st of July in the Colonial Heritage Suites, very well decorative rooms, quite romantic feel and good for couples. In fact, they had family suites on the opposite building. My room equipped with flat TV, split type air con and a ceiling fan (its nice to have the balcony open up with the fans on and skip the air con for a while). A lot of effort had been done to make U feel enjoy, say they light up aroma in your room before u arrive, bottled water supply for free, "open bed" for guess in the afternoon with curtains dropped plus a plate of fresh fruit awaiting. It made u felt being pampered, especially after a tried day visiting the Angkor Wat. The breakfast (included in the room rate) is "a la carte / sets " so u need not struggling with the pre-cooked buffet foodies. The small salty pool is cute and lovely. However, the most fabulous combinition in which I could say is the High qualities of the staffs. Averagely, they are very all attentively smart and helpful, they provided u with your necessary privacy however when u need them they are alway there to address you. Ordered two cup of coffee in the middle of the nite and the room service was found to be prompt, the resturant / bar staff are so friendly, the frontdesk staffs got good communication skills; . Most of all I need to thank Mr. KOL CHANSOKRET the receptionist who help me to check my departure flight during a busy monday morning after his nite shift , don't know why the airlines always changes and cancel their flight unexpectedly, without his help to find my new flight no. I mgiht be having a big trouble, in order to assist me, he should be late in signing off from his duty, but he was so patient and I really appriecated his good working attitude.
I had found staying in this hotel is one of my best holiday experience in Siem Reap

Room Tip: Colonial Heritage Suites are nice and no need to cross the street
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple