“A must see/experience”

Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KHMER WAYS MOTO ADVENTURES - Discover Cambodia by Moto. We strongly believe that the best way to discover a country is the way of the locals. In Cambodia the Khmers' major means of transportation is by moto (Honda Dream 125cc), enabling them and us to reach the remote beauties of the real Cambodia. Join us to follow the Khmers on their trails through rice fields, bamboo groves and jungle towards hidden villages, ancient temples and breathtaking views.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

WE had soooo much fun on this tour...family of 5 and the guides were very gracious. One bit of advice, slow down in the silt/sand when on the roads...we managed to drop the bike twice as some in our family were not as bike savy....but no damage done to either person or bike! Took about 6 hours which was about perfect, our seats were a little sore after that amount of time, but some of the moments we experieced were priceless....and could only be experienced on this mode of transport....take this tour!!!

All reviews
"off the beaten track"
in 11 reviews
"long ride"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
"rice fields"
in 9 reviews
"local life"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to see the countryside and rice fields. We were a bit apprehensive since we had never driven a bike. I was even a bit more nervous when we discovered all the bikes are manual. However, it was much easier than we thought and the company is very good at teaching. I forget our guides name but his English was very good and he was very knowledgeable and great at explaining things about the region. We did the half day. They picked us up on time and allowed us to practice on the bike until we felt comfortable. We wish we could have stopped more for photos but we understood that we had a certain amount of time to go the places we needed to go. If we wanted to stop more we certainly could have asked. If you are new to motorcycles don't be scared away. We loved it and are glad we learned from the experts at khmer ways.

2  Thank atltotheworld
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a group of 5 and had 2 on one scooter (male + mrs). It was a great day out. We took on the mountain day tour (most expensive) but it was well worth it. Mr kdan and mr veach were both so friendly and helpful, these two really made for a great days activity. If you like riding scooters and getting off the beaten track - look no further.

Thanks again guys

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a great day, I chose the 8 hour Beng Mealea tour. I was picked up bang on 8am always a good sign. Veach was a wonderful host very considerate always checking I was ok and had enough to drink. It was a very hot day so we needed lots of fluids, nothing was a problem.
The pace was perfect for me being an experienced rider I found the tracks great fun if a bit dirty :-)
I was provided with a couple of face mask to help with the dust.
I have now done a couple of these type of trips one in Vietnam and now this one, they are a great way to see the real people, who always see happy and friendly. I thing it is mass tourists that spoil people.
I definitely recommend Khmerways, first class you can see why the reviews are so good. Keep it up.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I will echo everyone's comments here to say that this by FAR was the best thing we did in Siem Reap! From the very beginning, our guides picked us up by motor bike at 7:30 a.m. and brought us to a place that they would teach us how to ride and gave us time to practice. We knew we were on our way to an adventure but we didn't realize what a full and exciting day it would be.

We chose the "most adventurous" tour - the Kulen mountain and waterfall tour, and we rode our bikes through the true Cambodian countryside. It was so much fun waving to the kids, riding the highways and the dirt roads and our guides took exceptional care of us - always stopping for water, fruit, etc. They gave us masks so we did not breathe in too much dirt and always asked if we were ok.

We made a brief stop at a market, where they picked up fruit snacks for our trip and when we got to the waterfall, we ate a magnificent lunch - that was included in our trip cost - even though we ordered an extra dish - they didn't charge us a thing.

ON the way back, my bike actually ran out of gas - but no worries! Every little house on the road sells liter bottles of fuel, so our guide got on his bike, went back to pick up a liter bottle and we were on the way in 5 minutes.

We were gone an entire 10 hours and were completely exhausted when we got back - but it was such a beautiful day. We also stopped at Big Buddha and another lake and it was such a full day. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. The price was an incredible value and we would do it again and again if we could!

3  Thank djb1210