“Another VERY happy customer!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 788 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KHMER WAYS MOTO ADVENTURES - Discover Cambodia by Moto. We strongly believe that the best way to discover a country is the way of the locals. In Cambodia the Khmers' major means of transportation is by moto (Honda Dream 125cc), enabling them and us to reach the remote beauties of the real Cambodia. Join us to follow the Khmers on their trails through rice fields, bamboo groves and jungle towards hidden villages, ancient temples and breathtaking views.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Another VERY happy customer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I will echo everyone's comments here to say that this by FAR was the best thing we did in Siem Reap! From the very beginning, our guides picked us up by motor bike at 7:30 a.m. and brought us to a place that they would teach us how to ride and gave us time to practice. We knew we were on our way to an adventure but we didn't realize what a full and exciting day it would be.

We chose the "most adventurous" tour - the Kulen mountain and waterfall tour, and we rode our bikes through the true Cambodian countryside. It was so much fun waving to the kids, riding the highways and the dirt roads and our guides took exceptional care of us - always stopping for water, fruit, etc. They gave us masks so we did not breathe in too much dirt and always asked if we were ok.

We made a brief stop at a market, where they picked up fruit snacks for our trip and when we got to the waterfall, we ate a magnificent lunch - that was included in our trip cost - even though we ordered an extra dish - they didn't charge us a thing.

ON the way back, my bike actually ran out of gas - but no worries! Every little house on the road sells liter bottles of fuel, so our guide got on his bike, went back to pick up a liter bottle and we were on the way in 5 minutes.

We were gone an entire 10 hours and were completely exhausted when we got back - but it was such a beautiful day. We also stopped at Big Buddha and another lake and it was such a full day. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. The price was an incredible value and we would do it again and again if we could!

3 Thank djb1210

Dunsborough, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best part of Cambodia trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This way my second trip to Cambodia. After consideration of what activities I wanted this time, and Tripadvisor, I booked a 2 day trip with Khmer Ways up to Koh Ker. I was most looking forward to this as A) missed Koh Ker last time, and B) wanted to experience riding a motorcycle.

The trip was was brilliant! Picked up from my hotel by Kebang, and to Benny's place to store my luggage. Benny (owner) was a great guy, and has been in a Siem Reap for 8 years. Back on Kebang's moto to get outside of a Siem Reap central. Once outside the main traffic of Siem Reap, he showed me my moto, and instructed control's etc. I had ridden quads before, but never two wheels. After 5 minutes I was fairly confident, and away we went. Kebang was very cautious, keeping us to a moderate speed, and giving fair warning on all potential traffic hazards. We stopped every hour or so for rest and a drink.

Cruised over highways, dirt roads, small tracks and through villages on the way to Beng Mealea. After lunch there visited the temple. Awesome place, not that far from a Siem Reap. Encourage all visitors to venture a bit further out to visit Beng Mealea. Back on the road all the way to Koh Ker guesthouse. Wasn't expecting much given accommodation listed as basic, but it impressed. Clean, quiet and comfortable bed. Basic in terms of no aircon, hot water, but the guesthouse is in a remote area. Dinner at attached restaurant, great BBQ Pork.

Next day onto Koh Ker and didn't disappoint. Wonderful temple, only saw two western tourists on my visit. Brand new staircase installed three months ago which I really appreciated. As part of the trip by Khmer Ways, I was shown around Koh Ker by two local young people, who walked me through their village afterwards and showed me where they lived (and the young man's new home under construction). This was a treat as the tourists to Koh Ker temple never get to actually visit Koh Ker village and really see how the locals live. Rode back to Siem Reap that afternoon.

Booked another tour with Benny a couple of day's later. This time did the full day Kulen Mountain Adventure. This required more confidence on the bike due to the nature of getting to the top of the mountain. Some parts concrete road, mostly dirt road up to Kulen Mountain. Once up there there was a challenging off-road section to get to the waterfall. Kebang stated if any issues with this he can ride the bike on this section, but I was OK (even only riding a bike for first time five days prior).
Swimming in waterfall pool, seeing the 1000 Lingas and the reclining Buddha all part of the day.

These days riding were the best part of my trip. Just riding through the countryside, seeing outside Siem Reap (the town can get too touristy and sensitised after a while) was great. I had many looks from locals riding, they must think a big white guy on a moto way out of Siem Reap was strange. You do get a sore bum riding, but was expecting that.

Planning on another visit maybe next year, and going to do the three day tour with Benny & Kebang up to Preah Vihear near the Thai border. Can't wait.

Thanks guys, was a blast.

2 Thank oznflfan
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An adventure as well as a great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you really want to see the real Cambodia and how people live and what they wear and eat and how they spend their days then this is the tour for you. It's a lot of riding - and can get adventurous at moments - but it's well worth the time to truly see the countryside along with an experienced guide. They have everything all arranged for you. Scooters, food, water, lunch spot, etc etc. They have thought of everything. Wear clothes to protect from the sun and red dirt clay and bring sun glasses for sure. You'll get amazing photos of the local people, ruins, nature, rice fields, and many other surprises along the way.

Well worth the $60 they charge. You will love this day tour of Cambodia!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“highlight of my trip in siem reap!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a MUST do when visiting Siem Reap. Riding bikes passing the countryside while waving to children and enjoying the fresh breeze and seeing how simple life is was the most enjoyable part of my trip. Rong was a GREAT guide and I would recommend him to anyone! We did this on the last day before heading back home and I am so glad we had this experience!! Thank you Rong for everything!!

Visited March 2013
san francisco
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I rode a moto bike for the first time on my own with Khmer ways on their tour to Kulen Mountain and I had a great time. My very own guide Rong was an excellent teacher, very safety conscious and a lot of fun. The ride took us on the off beaten path of the country side of Siem Reap and I got some insights to the local life style that I really enjoyed.
I had so much fun that I convince a group of 7 of my friends to go with me on a shorter tour of the country side and everyone had a blast.

Visited February 2014