“highlight of my trip in siem reap!!”

Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #124 of 867 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KHMER WAYS MOTO ADVENTURES - Discover Cambodia by Moto. We strongly believe that the best way to discover a country is the way of the locals. In Cambodia the Khmers' major means of transportation is by moto (Honda Dream 125cc), enabling them and us to reach the remote beauties of the real Cambodia. Join us to follow the Khmers on their trails through rice fields, bamboo groves and jungle towards hidden villages, ancient temples and breathtaking views.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a MUST do when visiting Siem Reap. Riding bikes passing the countryside while waving to children and enjoying the fresh breeze and seeing how simple life is was the most enjoyable part of my trip. Rong was a GREAT guide and I would recommend him to anyone! We did this on the last day before heading back home and I am so glad we had this experience!! Thank you Rong for everything!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I rode a moto bike for the first time on my own with Khmer ways on their tour to Kulen Mountain and I had a great time. My very own guide Rong was an excellent teacher, very safety conscious and a lot of fun. The ride took us on the off beaten path of the country side of Siem Reap and I got some insights to the local life style that I really enjoyed.
I had so much fun that I convince a group of 7 of my friends to go with me on a shorter tour of the country side and everyone had a blast.

1  Thank alohabic
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My time with Khmer ways was easily one of the best days of my life. I know it sounds above and beyond to hear that but this trip was truly worth it. We had debated going on a moto tour while planning our itinerary and e-mailed the staff with only a few days notice, truly hoping there would be an opening- and there was! I went on the Beng Melea trip with my husband on January 26th, 2014. We were met by Kdan and Ny at our hotel and they drove us to an area where we could practice. I had no prior experience with a scooter or motorcycle other than a basic understanding and riding with my husband. They gave me ample instruction and time to practice while still leaving enough time in the day to truly get the most of the experience. I felt comfortable and secure but also challenged and excited. Ny is funny and quick witted. Kdan is patient, down-to-earth, courteous, and responsible. He was so easygoing and frankly his good nature was a huge contribution to making the day so great. Since it was just the two of us he took us to a difficult-to-find temple that we had wanted to see. He gave us as much information as he could. He was excellent with tips on how to handle sand, grit, bumps, and offered to help any time we approached something where I was unsure (bridges etc). He never forgot to keep us in mind with hand signals and signs for places to look out and actually encouraged me by taking note when I handled something well. He was open to any pictures we wanted to stop and take and helped us communicate with people so that we didn't seem like weird aliens being invasive. The kids were so excited to see us and always said hello and goodbye, the people went about their lives and were happy to have us around. The bikes were very well maintained and reliable. The place where we ate lunch was clean and shady, the food was great. It's amazing how we were able to go on such a long ride but we had breaks and took our time where we went. Kdan gave us options with the roads, did we want to go on a smoother ride, were we interested in a sandier path to test our skills, longer-shorter- we had a say! He's really a leader. This program is incredible. I would recommend it to anyone. If you feel safe enough riding a bicycle but interested in testing yourself, you can do this. I promise. The way this program is designed is perfect. We were glad to have done this because it's a little different than your average activity in Siem Reap. It's authentic, independent, interesting, safe, and makes you even feel (despite how corny this may sound) as though you're living on the edge for a few hours. I would love to go on this ride again or to a different area in my next visit. No complaints whatsoever. I will remember this forever!

1  Thank MegalodonMHL
Khmerways, Director of Sales at Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear you, thank you very much for the positive feedback, we are glad you liked it! Also thanks to mention our guides who are the true stars of our company;) Cheers, Your Khmerways Team

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent day trip to Beng Melea with Khmer Ways. Our guide was good, and the rural and village scenery through the back roads was very special. Beng Melea is a beautiful temple - very special in all in dilapidated glory. I would fully recommend this experience for something different in tourist-soaked Siem Reap. There was also a good review written in the Siem Reap Insider (Phnom Penh Post) on Friday 3rd January 2014. Google it for more info.

Hi Shan, thank you very much for traveling with us and for the positive feedback, we are glad you liked it! Cheers, Your Khmerways Team

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went on the Kulen Mountain Tour - what an adventure. Getting there was awesome - riding through the villages, the children waiving - a real insight into Cambodian life - you just can't experience it better,any other way.
The bike was good - the guide (rong - forgive the spelling) so much better - made the trip informative and a delight,whilst setting a pace commiserate with my ability.

What can I say - the Kulen mountain tour is wonderful, and if you get the opportunity to visit the elephant and lion statues - an experience of a lifetime - not for the faint hearted...Will visit Cambodia, just to do it again....

Khmer Ways - thank you for a memorable and enjoyable experience.

Your most welcome a great pleasure;)

Thank you for traveling with us and giving us this positive comment!

Cheers your Khmer Ways Team