“Magnificent Moto-ing”

Ranked #106 of 819 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KHMER WAYS MOTO ADVENTURES - Discover Cambodia by Moto. We strongly believe that the best way to discover a country is the way of the locals. In Cambodia the Khmers' major means of transportation is by moto (Honda Dream 125cc), enabling them and us to reach the remote beauties of the real Cambodia. Join us to follow the Khmers on their trails through rice fields, bamboo groves and jungle towards hidden villages, ancient temples and breathtaking views.
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Magnificent Moto-ing”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a fun way to experience rural Cambodia and remote, lesser-visited temples, .. aboard a motorbike. The bike is study, the route a non-stop picture postcard of life in the countryside.

I really enjoyed visiting the ruins of Beng Mealea temple and even more so, Chau Srey Vibol. This second one is a site where you won't be stumbling over hoards of tourists. It's awesome and so off the beaten path that you are likely to be the only visitors.

I had a terrific time touring the back roads of Siem Reap. Good guide, good food, great fun. Highly recommended.

Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Perfect even for beginners”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having never ridden a motorbike in my life, I decided that I should give it a go on my trip to Siem Reap.

The tour started with a pick up from my hotel - I must admit to being a little terrified on my way outside the city on the back of the bike. But once we got to the outskirts of the city and a quiet road, I started feeling much more comfortable. The bikes are small and easy to ride, and you are given plenty of time to get used to it before you start off.

Once I was feeling in control, off we went. It was amazing - my guide was really friendly and informative, and once he knew that I had some school supplies to give out, he took me to a local school, which was amazing. I also got to see a hauntingly beautiful deserted temple, which was a refreshing change from the crowds at Angkor Wat.

I was sad when the tour was over - it was an amazing experience!

Visited May 2013
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Booked this tour after reading trip advisor reviews , and took the one day tour to the Beng Mealea temple , it was low season so I went alone with the guide . The guide was amazing , spoke great english and catered for my every need. The only word to describe this tour is awesome . I will return next year just to do the overnight tour. Thanks khmer ways and chdan the guide

muncie, indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Alternative way to see Angkor beyond the usual tours”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've used Khmer Ways several times in the past two years to access newly recovered Angkor-related sites that have been cleared of land mines -- as I am an historical archeologist. They are incredibly efficient and user-friendly in doing this -- and to my knowledge are the only "easy" way to fulfill this challenge. They are notably able to provide access to new sites on Mount Kulin, including an incredible former Khmer Rouge and Angkor military site, which includes a twelve-toot tall elephant and companying lion icons. They will do day and half-day trips -- I've done both, by either accompanying the client on a motorbike (they will provide the training necessary for novices for less challenging sites on the flats), or for the accomplished they will accompany or for novices like me, they will take you there as a bike passenger.

Their staff have good English language skills, are great in their interactions with their clients (and in fulfiling their specific needs). While my needs have challenged them, I've seen them do great work in taking others to the major off-Angkor sites as a fun way to spend the day. This includes going dirt back roads that provide access to the variety of the countryside and new economic development and ngo projects in the region. There costs are very reasonable, and competitive with guide services rates.

1 Thank candra79
Christchurch, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome adventure, awesome fun”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We did this tour as a couple and found it to be a very great afternoon. I am not very confident on a motorbike and our tour guide spent time with me going over tips about riding and giving me lots of safety advice. When the tour started, he went at a good pace for me until my confidence was built up. Our guide was very informative and answered all our questions with very well spoken english. I highly recommend this tour for a well spent afternoon. Thank you so much for a memorable tour.

Visited May 2013