“Get away from the Tourists!”

Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #93 of 829 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KHMER WAYS MOTO ADVENTURES - Discover Cambodia by Moto. We strongly believe that the best way to discover a country is the way of the locals. In Cambodia the Khmers' major means of transportation is by moto (Honda Dream 125cc), enabling them and us to reach the remote beauties of the real Cambodia. Join us to follow the Khmers on their trails through rice fields, bamboo groves and jungle towards hidden villages, ancient temples and breathtaking views.
Newcastle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Get away from the Tourists!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband & I have just returned today from a one day trip to Beng Mealea with Chan. Wow what a blast!! We have ridden motorbikes in Vietnam & this tour was everybit as good. We had a small delay not far into the trip when my moto brokedown. The 2nd time this happened Chan tried to get a part to fix it but when that was unsucessful he called for a replacement bike to meet us a little further up the road. Lunch was great, the temple was the best we have seen so far as it was a lot quieter with hardly any other tourists there.
Overall we had a fantastic day, if we had to make a comment it would be that it would have good to have a few more stops, we needed to wash the dust out of our eyes a few more times.

Khmerways, Director of Sales at Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi Ilona,

and thank you very much for the kind feedback. We are glad that you had a great day, and for anybody who like to have the same great experience check out website for the Countryside Adventure (Phnom Bok Tour).

Best Regards,

Your Khmerways Team

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day trip”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Definitely a must in Siem Reap! A great way to see remote temples and the countryside with informative guides.

Visited December 2011
Khmerways, Director of Sales at Khmer Ways - Moto Adventures Day Tours, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thanks a lot Douglas,

we are pleased to hear you liked it!!!

Have a good trip and enjoy Cambodia,

Your Khmerways Team
Battleford, Canada
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“WOW!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

To visit Siem Reap and not take advantage of this activity would be a shame.

I did the eight hour trip with my guide, Chen (sp?). He was outstanding! Interesting, knowledgable, safety conscious and generally what one wants in a guide.

Wonder of wonders: the village children do wave, smile, say hello and, if one is close enough to their home, they run out to greet you.

Cheers Reklaw,

It is good to get a nice feedback from our oldest (sorry most experienced;) customer ever. His name is actually Chan and he came back with a big smile after the tour. According to him you have been one of the fastest drivers ever.

Thanks for the kind words and enjoy your trip in Cambodia,

your Khmerways Team
Calgary, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Excellent - take a day away from the temples and do a day with Khmer Ways!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I did the Kulen Mountain Tour which is a full day 10 hour tour. It was fantastic! Rong and Chang (I'm not sure if I am spelling their names correctly) were our guides and they were excellent. They picked us up at the hotel with the bikes and let me practice in the alley before heading out. It was quickly obvious that I would be slow to get the hang of it, so I decided to hop on the back of my husband's bike (much to everyone's relief I think!). We drove out of Siem Reap through villages on dirt roads and stopped for lunch at a beautiful stop with waterfalls, and old ruins. I don't remember the name of it, but there were many locals there, and only a handful of tourists - it was perfect.

We then headed up through the mountain to see the ancient statutes of an elephant, lion and monkey deep in the jungle. On the way back we also stopped at the "Bat Cave" a large cave with of course bats, and a Hindu statute deep in the cave.

My only caution for this day trip is to know your personal limits. This specific tour was advertised as "not for the faint of heart" and if you are like me, and not extremely experience with these sorts of bikes, I would suggest you ride with someone else because it was tricky riding in some parts. That said, Rong and Change kept a close eye on us at all times, and were not shy about using the safely signals when there was even the slightest bump in the road.

I highly recommend Khmer Ways. This was the highlight of our 4 week trip in SE Asia.

Visited December 2011
Thanks Candace,

and your guess is nearby correct it is indeed Rong but Chan without the g;)

We are glad to hear that you had a great day, and i am sure you would have managed quite well on your own. But it is right everybody should know his limits. Specially the Kulen tour is a long ride, and also the motor don't require experience - for this tour you should be fit!

Otherwise it is the right decision to ride on the back on of of our guides or your partners moto and enjoy the view;) It is worth it!

Thanks again and have a good trip back to Canada!!

Your KhmerWays Team
San Rafael, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An invigorating and interesting way together a bit off the typical tourist track..”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The day started with our guide Caan (pronounced 'Chan') picking up the two off us on his bike and taking us through the city to pick up our motorcycles. The motorbikes were old but functional; they do not have a clutch but do have a foot shifter, which moves opposite to standard european models. With little ado, just the 3 of us were off towards Bend Mealea temple. About 60% of the trip was on unpaved backroads and the other on paved roads. Getting in and out of town was a bit exciting due to the heavy traffic, especially in the evening. Otherwise we were on fairly quiet backroads where we saw no other tourists until we reached the temple area.

Our guide was fantastic! His English was sufficient and he was good at explaining things. But what really impressed us was his concern for our comfort and safety. He checked with us at appropriate times and was at all times very vigilent about signaling us to be cautious as needed. For example,
when my wife couldn't find a comfortable interval to cross a busy street in town, he circled back and slowed and blocked traffic a bit to escort her through. I have ridden motorbikes for 15 years and myself appreciated his vigilance.

The tour takes you through plenty of beautiful countryside and villages. If you won't being going elsewhere in Cambodia this is a great way to get a sense of the rural way of life here. The beng Mealea temple is in ruins with plenty of trees picturesquely growing throughout.

The only suggestion that I have for Khmer Ways would be to try to start and end the trip outside of the city so that it is not necessary for clients to drive through city traffic. It's exciting for sure, but perhaps a bit much at the end of a long day.

Thanks Tyson,

we highly appreciate your positive feedback. And specially that you point out Chan's focus on security. While there might be guides with an better english knowledge in town, we believe that it is the personality that counts. Chan and our other guide Rong are a rare gift with great personalities, honesty and evenly important excellent moto mechanics, who get everybody safe back home.

We well note and act upon your suggestion, and when ever riding skills demand start the tour on empty streets. This said we always start with an introduction and training before every tour anyways.

Have a safe journey,