“Five star Angkor Tour”

Peace of Angkor Tours
Ranked #109 of 839 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: We take to places normal tours do not go. Photo adventures and location workshops; led by photographer Dave Perkes, Ta Elit Elliot, Leuthold and team of photo guides. Our custom photo tours are for any photographer from beginner to advanced amateur. We use both Western photographers with Khmer guides to give historical and cultural insider knowledge on most tours. For those who are new to photography or want to learn more; we will show you basic camera skills, composition and "seeing" and opportunities for contact with people and photographic opportunities and experiences that you would never have believed possible.Image Reviews and Photo editing workshops can be arranged as part of your photo tour programme For advanced and pro photographers we take you to exciting locations and with our intimate knowledge of lighting conditions throughout the year; you will get a great portfolio and save both time and money. We run Multi-day customized tours to remote areas for photographers and adventurers who want to get to the heart of Cambodia and other places in SE Asia
Brisbane
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Five star Angkor Tour”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked a Peace of Angkor tour from a friend's recomendation. Pick up was prompt and lots of information was given on points of interest. I had experienced a serious fall the day before and was unable to complete some of the climbs, however Kean was very helpful in assisting me physically and finding shaded places for me to rest. My husband appreciated photography tips given by Kean. An unforgettable day despite the throng of visitors. We appreciated the visit to an unmarked temple which proved excellent for photography. Most highly recomended.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour company especially for anyone interested in photography”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I booked two tour days with Peace of Angkor, and we are very happy we did. On day one we did the jungle tour with Dave. Dave was on time, he picked us up our hotel at 5:00am. It was a great first day, we learned a lot about photography, and the history of Angkor. This is one of the most visited sites in the world but Dave still knew where and when to go to minimize the crowds. Many times we felt like we had the temples all to our selves. Which made for some great photography. One second day we did the temple tour with Kean, one of the guides working with Dave. Kean was fantastic, he was also on time. It was a real pleasure spending the day with Kean, his english is great, he was very knowledgeable about the history of Angkor, the temples and the inscriptions on the wall. He also went at our pace. There were a few active Buddhist temples I wanted to check out, Kean not only checked out the temples with us, a few times he would do a small prayer with us.

Dave and crew also know the best places to eat. For lunch and breakfast we would go to shacks that didn't look like much but the food was probably the best food I had on my entire trip. As well as the most inexpensive. I honestly could not get enough of the food, I would have happily paid double. With it being so cheap, I had no problem leaving a generous tip.

For anyone interested in getting the sunrise reflective shot, I would recommend planing to be at the temple by 4:30 am, to get a prime spot. You will have to wait it out, and you might be first one there, but it will be worth it when you see how many people have to stand behind you.

I can't say enough how incredible it was to visit Siem Reap, and big part of this was thanks to the efforts of Dave and his team. A really great group of people to spend the day with and visit the temples.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyable from beginning to end!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I’ve been living in Cambodia for four years, and have been to Siem Reap many times, so I was looking for a relaxing day, where I would have time to just take things in, maybe visit one of the more remote temples that I hadn’t seen yet, and I found what I was looking for. We started the day early. On our way to the stilted house village and the lake we stopped several times, to watch women making sticky rice, villagers smoking small fishes, and at a small market. Then we had a very lazy boat trip along the river boarded by 10 meters high stilted houses. Once we reached the lake, we attached our boat to the boats buying and selling fish and shrimps. We just sat and watched people going about their business, while our Khmer guide explained who each person was and what their role was. Then we went back to the stilted village and had a delicious lunch specially prepared for us in one of the houses. Refreshed and tummy filled, we then drove for about an hour until we arrived at Beng Mealea temple. It might not be one of the most spectacular of the Angkor temple, but one where you can explore, climb on the fallen stones and look for that special angle or detail for an unusual shot. The light was going down and taking on that warm orangey color that I love in this country. Perfect. Then we drove back to Siem Reap in our very comfortable and cool little van. We were supplied all day with bottles of water, interesting information from our Khmer guide and precious input from Dave, Peace of Angkor seasoned photographer. A great day indeed ☺.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bernieclown
Canberra
“Great informative tours”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Four of us really enjoyed our tours with Dave and his guides. We were initially interviewed to sort out what we wanted to see and Dave's suggestions were spot on. Over several days we visited many different sites. Knowledge of our guides was excellent. Can highly recommend Peace of Angkor.

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not a photography tour”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went today on the floating village and old temple ruins tour. This was apparently the most popular of the one day tours on the website. Started off well. Great tour guide and driver. Enjoyed a trip through the markets and some local food, really loved the 2 hour boat trip through the floating village ( non interactive, unlike those in Thailand), finishing with an authentic lunch cooked in a local house. Great cultural experience after all the temples. The second half was tiring and ruined the first half. An hour drive to a distant temple completely in ruins. Definitely not a photographers dream. The main temples are far superior.
In all, a lovely tour but at $70 per person and absolutely no special photography information, you might as well do this tour elsewhere.

Visited January 2013
peaceofangkor, Owner at Peace of Angkor Tours, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
The photo tours with myself Dave Perkes are specially intended to be photo tours with a flexible itinerary to take into account the skills and experience level of the Photographer; from beginner to pro.
Many photographers are happy to go on the guide led tours. Our guides have long experience of the locations and give opportunities to make contact with villagers like we do in the lake and village tours.
In this case there was some misunderstanding over the content of the tour. This is made clear on our web site; however we are taking steps to ensure there is no doubt about the level of support in the pre-departure information.

As for the jungle temple of Beng Mealea; its attraction is the ruinous temple condition. It is unusual for photographers not to enjoy it but I do appreciate that not everyone has the same opinions.