“Cultural Tour to Phnom Kulen, Angkor Centre for Conservation of Biodiversity & Kbal Spean”

Peace of Angkor Tours
Ranked #105 of 829 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: We take to places normal tours do not go. Photo adventures and location workshops; led by photographer Dave Perkes, Ta Elit Elliot, Leuthold and team of photo guides. Our custom photo tours are for any photographer from beginner to advanced amateur. We use both Western photographers with Khmer guides to give historical and cultural insider knowledge on most tours. For those who are new to photography or want to learn more; we will show you basic camera skills, composition and "seeing" and opportunities for contact with people and photographic opportunities and experiences that you would never have believed possible.Image Reviews and Photo editing workshops can be arranged as part of your photo tour programme For advanced and pro photographers we take you to exciting locations and with our intimate knowledge of lighting conditions throughout the year; you will get a great portfolio and save both time and money. We run Multi-day customized tours to remote areas for photographers and adventurers who want to get to the heart of Cambodia and other places in SE Asia
Cologne, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Individual day trip by car: Well informed guide, good transport, interesting locations, but with 230 $ for the two of us a fairly expensive day tour. The necessary "Angkor Pass" (20 $ per person) had not been included in the tour price.

1 Thank wenzel_13
peaceofangkor, Owner at Peace of Angkor Tours, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
The passes for Phnom Kulen are always included in this tour: but the Angkor passes (for Banteay Srey and Kbal Spean) are not included. This was explained for them on the phone and clearly stated on the invoice, which was given to the client prior to the tour. The clients agreed to this: but had unfortunately misunderstood about paying the temple pass. This tour was priced at $210 For 2 person; not $230.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really great experience. Excellent service. Absolute camfort. Dave is dedicated and excited about photography and Angkor. It is absolutely unforgivable experince. Highly recommended for those who wish to avoid 'Touristic experience' in a place, where it is highly difficult to achieve.... ))))

Switzerland
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

An excellent day trip to Kompong Khleang, a village on stilts by Tonle Sap lake, a boatride to a floating village and an afternoon clambering around the “Indiana Jones” ruins of Beng Melea.
Peace of Angkor organised a private tour for us and our guide, Mr Kean, was excellent, as was our driver.
Everything went smoothly and visits were adapted to our pace. We learned much from our guide who was very attentive and knowledgeable. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day and fresh fish lunch, cooked by a local family in their stilted house overlooking the river was excellent.
We unreservedly recommend this company and this particular tour to anyone. It is a great way to see something other than the temples around Siem Reap, and you are far away from the tourists too.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Everything I could have ever asked for”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It is hard for me to categorize this as a Peace of Angkor review, because I only think of our time and tour as being associated with our guide Ta (who I see others have written about as well). Without a doubt, Ta made our trip to Cambodia to be absolutely unforgettable. We spent one day touring the major four temples - Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm, Bayon and Banteay Srei and spent another day touring the fishing community of Kompong Khleang on Tonle Sap lake.

Instead of telling you about what we did, I'd rather spend the time talking about our guide, Ta, who might as well be an ambassador for his native country of Cambodia. He is extremely knowledgeable about the area, which has much more to offer than the amazing relics at Angkor. He cares about the residents of Cambodia, he cares about his community and he is 100% committed to meeting the needs of the people who engage him on private tours.

The bottom line with Ta is that he listens and he cares. I share this because, when seeing other reviews about his photo expertise, I feel it important to note that he can offer so much more to the client in need. A couple of quick examples of his level of customer service.

* I had asked him in advance if he could help us find dining opportunities for authentic Cambodian food, and also mentioned that my daughter did not eat red meat or pork. Without mentioning it again, he arranged for an extensive spread of food at a nearby restaurant for lunch which included fish amok, which is sort of a curry dish. Very tasty and authentically Cambodian.

* during one of our conversations traveling between temples, my wife asked Ta about where we could do laundry in town and where the post office was (so that we could mail some post cards). Ta found us someone who would launder our clothes overnight and ensured that we got to the post office to stamp and mail our letters.

* during one lunch, we were served fresh, cut sapodilla fruit (also known as chiku) for dessert. The sapodilla was very tasty and was new to me. I asked Ta about it. On our last evening, unsolicited, he arranged for our van to stop by a local fruit market, in the event we wanted to buy some sapodilla (which we did, and had the hotel cut up to include as part of our morning breakfast).

I think a tour of Angkor can probably be done by any number of knowledgeable guides. I believe that our introduction to the country of Cambodia and its people was special because of Ta.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank chg411
peaceofangkor, Owner at Peace of Angkor Tours, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind words about Chhor Elit, (Ta) He has been at the heart of Peace Of Angkor Tours since we started working together in Oct 2003. I have known him both as a colleague and close friend for close on 10 years now an can endorse everything you say about him.
Ta is both a diamond and a rock who has steadfastly worked tirelessly to ensure the well being of our tour guests.
Brampton, Canada
“Great way to see Angkor”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Enjoyed my tour of Angkor, and got a lot of excellent photos. Ta my guide was a great help, he carried my camera bag and helped change my lenses. He told me of good angles to get the best shot, and even some adjustments to the camera. I had a full day tour from 7am - 6pm, with a 2 hour break at noon, so I could go back to my hotel, cool down, eat, change clothes, recharge my camera battery and copy my photos to my laptop. Great tour for those that want to capture amazing photos, and avoid the crowds.