“Don't do four hands massage!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage

Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest and most popular mid-range beauty and massage specialists in Siem Reap, we try our hardest to offer the best massage in Siem Reap with regular staff training, and we are so pleased to see our reviews reflect that :) With soothing music, experienced and friendly staff, a range of entirely new "spiritual" massage experiences and a warm welcome, Lemongrass Garden is gaining a solid reputation rivaling the more expensive boutique services, at much more affordable prices.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Melb
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Don't do four hands massage!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Mum and I chose the four hand massage, I tried the aromatherapy one and mum tried the Khmer one. Unfortunately it was not relaxing at all.

In my massage the two therapist did not synchronize their moves and the pressure was not synchronized also.

They did not seemed to know what they are doing so whilst one was massaging my head after leg and arm massage the other person started massaging my arms and legs AGAIN, seemingly to fill up time.

All thorough out the two therapists were whispering and laughing (although quietly), so it wasn't relaxing at all

I rather pay more money to go to Bodia spa

Visited December 2013
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Pigout_travels,

Thank you for your review of Lemongrass Garden. We appreciate the time you took to offer your experience.

We read your feedback paper and are disappointed that you couldn't enjoy your time with us. Our 4 hands massage has become exceedingly popular and so many people are choosing this massage for the great value and technique we train all of our staff to use.

Our staff are trained thoroughly to ensure they do not speak during any treatment unless the customer speaks with them. Having spoken with my staff, they have told me they spoke only once and that was very briefly about synchronizing. I have informed them that this is not acceptable and would like to apologize if it disrupted your treatment. This is the first complaint I have ever heard of this kind, and I am certain it will be the last.

We wish you all the best for your ongoing travels and indeed, a happy 2014. Happy new year.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing spa, wonderful staff. Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were looking for a spa to go after a long days of visiting temples. We walked past it and decided to go in. Very close to Pub street. The staff were so friendly, facilities were clean. I was so relaxed. The rooms were so well done ambiance was conducive to relaxation (with lovely music) The massage beds, towels were all clean.

We chose a package - body scrub, oil massage and head massage for $40! Bargain! I didn't want a head massage so I asked I could substitute that for a foot scrub instead, and they kindly agreed. It was a shame we were leaving the next morning, I would have come back the next day!

1 Thank andeemae
Dear Andeemae,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Lemongrass Garden. We are even more pleased that you appreciated the value for money, as this is what we strive for. Your kind words are extremely welcome and we feel honored to have been one of your closing memories of Siem Reap :)

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited this place for massage twice during our 3-day stay there. Price was very reasonable for that standard of spa treatment. Place was very clean, quiet with soft relaxing music in the background, and with a lemongrass fragrance throughout the place. Massage therapists were all good and helped to relax our tired bodies. The wonderful ambiance made the massage even better. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2013
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Jjanmat,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, which was a delight to read and has made us all very happy at Lemongrass Garden :)

Please come back and visit us again if ever you return to Siem Reap.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good value massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had a good massage with good soothing music at the background. The music from the surrounding areas were a bit loud though..but overall experience is satisfactory.

Visited December 2013
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Rajinee K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are all so delighted that you enjoyed your massage and our relaxing spa music.

At the late night hours, our location 1 does get a little noisy. Sadly, this is unavoidable due to music venues and night life starting. However, at our Location 2 spa, which is situated only 400m away, there is never any noise as it is not so centrally located. We recommend our customers to book there if visiting us after 9pm for a more relaxing experience.

Wishing you the safest and most enjoyable travels ahead,

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't go for nail services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I wanted to try this spa because of the wonderful review on this website, but I went in for a mani/pedi and not a massage. I knew this was a risk, since most of the wonderful ratings were based on the massages, but I figured I'd give it a try.

To be honest, I regretted going to Lemongrass for my mani/pedi; there are other spas that have better mani/pedi services, some at even cheaper rates. There were a number of things that were disappointing about my experience. Please note that I am trying my best to be as partial and fair as possible in this review.

First, one of the ladies at reception told me that the mani/pedi spa (USD$15) would include a foot scrub. I'd pointed to the foot scrub service on a different part of the menu and asked 3 times if the mani/pedi included that 30 minute scrub. She nodded affirmatively that it would. Though I didn't expect that my $15 mani/pedi would include such a lengthy, thorough scrub, I was disappointed that the lady only exfoliated my feet for less than 30 seconds each foot. Exfoliation of the hands lasted, perhaps 5 seconds, and only on the upper surface of the hand, not including palms or fingers. Ok, for $15, I guess what can you expect?.......though I type that hesitantly, because it is still a fair bit of money for spa services, by south-east asia standards.

Second, the receptionist told me the mani/pedi would only take an hour. It took double. It took so long that I was late for a subsequent lunch reservation and had to rush out before my nails had dried. Another lady (perhaps the manager?) apologized for the delay, and helped me phone the restaurant to ask if I could still attend the lunch, but I was quite annoyed that I was 25 minutes late despite having given myself a 30 minute buffer. I appreciate that the woman who did my nails was trying to do a careful job (maybe? I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt), but I've had plenty of mani/pedis where people work much faster. She looked a bit worn down; a bit tired. I felt bad, so I didn't want to rush her or tell her that I had to run.

Third, the woman who did my nails wasn't well-trained, in my opinion. She did not follow the natural shape of my nail (square/flat nails with curved corners) and cut my nails far too round. I stopped her early on to gently explain my preferred shape for my nails; there was a language barrier, so eventually I borrowed the nail file and filed my nail to show her what I meant. She sort of understood and continued. When she reached my left hand, she seemed like she'd lost steam and left the nails much longer than the right hand. I pointed out that I wanted them shorter and she went back to filing them down (I don't know why she didn't use a nail clipper in the first place since that would have taken less time than filing down the length).

Fourth, the colour on the fake nail palatte was completely different from the colour that was painted onto my hands. I pointed this out right away, after she applied coat 1 onto one hand. I noticed that the colour was off and inquired. We checked the number label on the nail polish to the number label on the palette; she went outside to double check something; she came back and indicated that it was, indeed, the "same." I didn't want to waste more time figuring this out, so I told her that it was ok and that she should continue. After 3-layers of paint, it was absolutely and unquestionably clear that the colours did not correspond. I wanted a pale, ballet pink; I got a bright peach-pink. I pointed this out to the receptionist when I was rushing to leave. She asked if I wanted to change the colour but I was (1) already running very late, and (2) only showed her the difference to suggest that they should re-paint the palette. She replied that it was different because only 1 coat was applied to the palette. I don't see how this is a good excuse, and in any event, I could tell it was a different colour altogether even after just 1 layer.

My pedicure was fine. But my manicure I've already removed, 1 day later. I can now see that a lot of my cuticles still remain too...so the entire manicure was really poorly done. The polish was quite streaky too.

I enjoyed the tea that they served before and after the service. The people were friendly. I don't blame the woman who gave me the mani/pedi; I feel that she was not adequately trained, so it probably wasn't her fault. I don't want her to get penalized in any way by this review. I think management needs to improve their mani/pedi training and services. Until then, readers should only go to Lemongrass for their massages because it seems like those are pretty good (but I wouldn't know).

Dear C C,

Thank you for taking the time out to offer us your experience at our spa. We appreciate your diplomatic and understanding approach with your review, from which we will benefit greatly.

Based on the events you have described, we certainly understand why you were not satisfied, and we have looked into the problem and taken action where is appropriate.

All of our staff are given thorough training and tried by the management before being approved to perform any of our treatments on our customers. The staff you had that day is fully capable of performing the treatment and has been approved, however, in light of this we are currently reviewing her again.

We deeply regret reading reviews of this nature. At Lemongrass Garden, we are strongly committed to ensuring all of our customers receive a relaxing and professional treatment. Your review will certainly help us improve our services and standards where necessary.

We are all very sorry for your experience at Lemongrass Garden. If for any reason our customer is unsatisfied, they can ask to speak with me (Daniel - UK) to offer their feedback which helps us greatly.

Wishing you the safest and most enjoyable travels ahead,