“Clean, quiet and friendly”
Review of Alliance Villa

Alliance Villa
Ranked #172 of 513 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at Alliance Villa for 4 nights recently. This guest house is small and located a short walk from 'tourist central' Siem Reap. Staff are great - friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and clean. Wifi can be a bit patchy but was fine. Breakfast is simple but good. I never took them up on the offer of the free dinner that was included but heard that it was good. I found Alliance Villa to be very good value. I'm returning to Siem Reap in January and have already book this place again.

Room Tip: The deluxe room with private balcony was great value.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Aquatic_Ape

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in Sept 2013. Found the Alliance Villa very comfortable and the staff very helpful. I stayed in a large room with balcony, definitely worth the extra. Breakfast very good (with Western or Asian choices including vegetarian). Fast wi-fi and very close to the Night Market. I'll stay here again when I am next in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank w6marty
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A Nice calm villa property away from the hustle with less number of rooms.Very personalized and prompt service from the time of first email contact.Pub street is 500 mts away.Rooms were big and well kept.The staff were very courteous and All our needs were taken care quickly.Fantastic experience

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Great boutique hotel in in the old town. Close to the action by foot but far enough away to have some down time. Small pool in cafe area is a life savor after hours in 100 degree heat touring Angkor. Very good breakfast included and though we didn't eat dinner here restaurant is supposed to be quite good with occasional local dancing and/or puppet shows. For about $100 per night for 2 it is certainly a good value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I usually sleep in more starred hotels, so I ended up here just because it's the peak of the high season. I must say that the place is beyond my expectations. Wide rooms, clean, fridge and TV, so far so good. I hope the owner reads some friendly remarks:
1. room and bathroom are too dark, just replace the bulbs
2. breakfast is not appealing, add 1 $ to your prices and improve it

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlitzSaigon
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I looked at many places before settling on Alliance Villa (not to be confused with Alliance Boutique Villa) a bungalow down a pothole dirt track in one of the neighbourhoods. It had all that I was looking for - an air-con room with ensuite bathroom, breakfast included, an in-room safe deposit, locally managed/owned with a garden to chill out in and reasonably priced - I got a promo rate of USD15/night for a 6-night stay.

My stay was perfect, only marred by the water problem on the first 3 days which almost spoilt my holiday.

I stayed on the first floor in Room 105, because a TA reviewer said the ground floor room was next to the reception, so it's not very quiet.

The first night, the water was but a medium trickle barely enough for a shower. I thought it was because of the low pressure. The next afternoon, the water output became worse - the taps ran dry after 3 minutes. This needed looking into. The staff checked and said they would repair the problem. At night, the water came back on but only for 5 mins, then it trickled. I seriously thought there was a water ration going on, but the staff couldn't confirm or deny it.

Day 3 morning and there wasn't enough water to brush teeth! Another guest on my floor was also facing the same problem. By now, I had e-mailed the management asking for a quick solution - or give me a room with water. I didn't get a reply, but the villa staff helped me move to the ground floor room 102 in the afternoon after a guest checked out. Except for the mustiness, the room was fairly quiet. It is opposite the reception counter - but it isn't noisy because of guests checking in and out, it's noisy because of the television (the staff watches it most times) but with the air-con on in the room, you can barely hear the TV. More importantly, there was running water!

The reason why I didn't change hotels was because of the villa's garden. I couldn't find many affordable places with a garden to chill out in, so was glad that Room 102 was available. The management did eventually reply, but only after 3 days, on the day I was checking out. He was very apologetic, and traced the problem to the new water pump, which wasn't working very effectively. Would have been good to know that straight away. Also, another thing the staff won't tell you is that every night, at 8pm, without fail the electricity (and lights) goes off for about 5 minutes before starting back up again. By the second night, I was prepared with a torch in hand.

As other reviewers have commented, the hotel is about 15 - 20 mins walk to pub street, but I liked it because it was in a quiet neighbourhood, and every time I walked through the gates of the bungalow's front yard, it was like coming home.

There is a short cut to the Old Market, but it is down a dark-ish alley - a torch is very handy - but although there were a few stray dogs, they didn't bother me. En route to the market, there is a non air-con restaurant on the right which serves very cheap and tasty food and juices. A TA reviewer said they had to take a tuk-tuk to the Old Market because of this dark alley; you can actually walk on the main road to get to the Old Market, just that it is more dusty and will take you slightly longer to get there.

Room Tip: Room 102 has great water pressure!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank assamkl
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for only one night. They sent a free tuk tuk to collect us from the Battambang to SR boat, which was a real bonus.

The room was huge and very clean - probably the best I have experienced so far in Cambodia. The hotel is down a little track, so in a fairly quiet spot (apart from the construction site across the road) and only a few minutes walk into the centre.

No pool that I was aware of.

A small point but something I really struggled with is the dark and dingy reception area and stair case, where the treads are far apart and need some good light. A small change to improve their lighting would really help this place.

Breakfast was ok - bit slow.

So, all in all I would recommend this hotel, but I think we we're rather spoiled already by having spent a few days at Bunwin's which beats this hands down (but is also more expensive).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends