“A huge knowledgeable tour guide of Angkor Wat”
Review of Cambodia Trial

Cambodia Trial
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The very reliable tour guide team who always offers tour services in the Angkor park with commitment.
Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A huge knowledgeable tour guide of Angkor Wat”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband and I and our two children ( 12 & 14 years old ) have just returned from Cambodia where we were lucky enough to have Mr.Sem Vuthy as our tour guide. Sem Vuthy was very friendly, speaking English very well, lovely for our kids, always in time, intelligent and full of humour, very knowledgable about the whole area and history, everything we want a guide to be!
We would especially like to thank Mr Sem Vuthy, our excellent tour guide. He was the very height of conscientiousness, highly informed and extremely educational. He performed all his duties with kindness, hospitality and diligence, in particular for making our Cambodia trip very special and memorable!
I also found Sem Vuthy through the forums here on tripadvisor and emailed him prior to our visit. He put together an itinery but when we met him on our first day we advisied him that we had decied we wanted to less but see it in more detail and at a pace where we could wait to get pics without people etc. He was more than happy to readjust the plans and also tried to take us at times and to places to avoid the main crowds as much as you can do this at Angkor Wat and Bayon temple .
His english is great as well as his knowledge on the temples and his country.
He is professional at all times and we really feel we had made a friend in the end.
I would definitely recommend him to anyone who would like a personal tour catered to your needs.
Please do not hesitate to contact him via his E-mail : semvuthy_007@yahoo.com

1 Thank sem_racha

Quezon City, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Very knowledgeable and accommodating guide to he temples and beyond!”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Sem Vuthy has been working as an official guide for the Angkor Temples for seven years. He is very accommodating, knowledgeable, energetic and prompt. He will meet you at your hotel without any downpayment whatsoever. His english is excellent. Not only does he tell you the history of each temple but of Cambodian culture as well. Great guide and highly recommended!

1 Thank phoenixmemphis
Bangkok
“Great Tour Guide!”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My friends and I recently visited Siem Reap and Sem Vuthy was our ride to/from the airport and for the two days we were on vacation. Sem is very professional and entertaining. He told us fantastic stories and knew where to get all the best pictures while touring the ruins of Angkor Wat, shared the stories of the families living in the floating village and took us to the Silk Factory and the Artisan Village. He was always happy to answer our never-ending questions and is very knowledgeable about the culture and history of Cambodia. I would highly recommend Sem to anyone planning a visit to Siem Reap!

Heather & friends

South Lake Tahoe, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Cambodia's Angkor Temples. We were very lucky to have been connected to Sem. Sem is very knowledgeable about the culture and history of the area. In addition, Sem's English is very good and easy to understand. We were not quite sure where to go and Sem helped organize a two day tour and even gave us suggestions for a third day on our own. The first day we spent completing the small circuit of Angkor Wat, Banyon and Ta Phrom. Sem gave us photo tips and took great photos of the two of us together, which we never get. The next day we spent with Sem, we travelled to some of the more remote temples. Along the way Sem answered all my questions and even stopped to show us how palm sugar is made and the rice is grown. I even ended up planting rice because Sem started talking to a few of the locals working in the fields. Overall, Sem had the ability to cater our tour to whatever we were looking for, because he has such a diverse knowledge of the area. We highly recommend Sem if you are looking to tour the temples and surrounding area.

2 Thank eerin
Shanghai
“Mr Vuthy and his transportation service is awesome!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I just spent 3 days in Siem Reap with my family. Thanks to Mr. Vuthy and his driver friend, our trip turns out wonderful.

I have found Mr.Vuthy and his transportation service from Trip Advisor. I picked him because I read lots good comments about him including his honesty and good quality service. I was still worried at that time since my entire family except me who can speak English, all the other 5 can only understand Mandarin. I really wanted to make the trip fun for everyone but I knew it would not be easy cuz I did not know much about the temple...

Mr.Vuthy helped me a lot. He speaks decent English and he also speaks simple Mandarin. He gave me an idea of almost everything in his country. We went to see most famous temples as everyone else did but he also took us to see stone caving and silk farm. He always gave us options to choose what we would love to see and stopped wherever we requested. The entire trip was customized and organized. We had plenty fun and it was a little upset when we had to head back to Shanghai.

I am pretty sure I will recommend my friends whoever want to visit Cambodia to give Mr. Vuthy a call. I really appreciate Mr.Vuthy's service and hopefully more people can have memorable Siem Reap trips with him.

Regina, Shanghai China