“Disappointing food and service”
Review of Circle

Circle
Ranked #527 of 898 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stylishly decorated but supremely relaxed, Circle serves both international and Khmer cuisine in a serene, traditional atmosphere. Traditional Khmer music or dancing completes the authentic dining experience in Circle.
London
“Disappointing food and service”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went to Circle following a recommendation from a friend. I had high expectations as it was in a 5 star hotel but I was seriously let down. The service was no where near what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel restaurant and the food was average but very greasy.
I had made a reservation a few weeks before our visit but we were queried twice about our reservation, once on arrival and also during our meal when the waiter enquired whether it was the restaurant we had originally booked to visit.
Following on from that the waiter presented us with two folders, which I thought were the menus even though there were 6 of us. Mine was the drinks list in a larger folder so I assumed that the other smaller folder was the menu for food and that we were expected to pass it around. Eventually we all realised that both folders were for drinks and so we asked a waiter to bring the food menu to us. We had to chase three times for the menu even though the restaurant was empty. We were basically sitting in the restaurant for around 15-20 minutes without knowing what there was to eat!
The menu included both Western and Khmer dishes however we decided to order the 5 different Khmer set menus to try between the 6 of us and also some starters to share.
Whilst waiting for the food we asked to sit outside as there would be a Cambodian dance show that evening. It took around 15 minutes just to organise a table for us outside and to take our drinks, even though there were tables already laid out, and also one of the waiters started to lay our table inside the restaurant before having to take it all off and lay the table outside for us.
I did feel very disappointed about the poor service. I am not sure whether it was down to a lack of training for the staff however the friendly restaurant manager, Jacques, had worked in Claridges, London, and The Maze, London, so would have had ample experience of managing fine restaurants.
The food was also a disappointment too. Each of the set menus include a selection of Khmer dishes in small portions. It was very interesting to taste each one but after the meal we felt uncomfortable as the food was very greasy and oily.
The price of the food was comparable to Western fine dining restaurants but unfortunately it could not match their standard.
I'm quite disappointed that I didn't have the same experience as the other reviewers. I would not recommend this place. On the other hand the Soup Dragon off Pub Street was one of the cheapest meals we've ever had and the food was much more enjoyable. Don't waste your money at Circle, instead go and eat in the town instead.
Lastly, I must give credit to the dancers and performers in the show, they were very entertaining and were the only highlight of a overrated evening.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Just Perfect!!!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our third trip to Cambodia and this time we decided to dine in the luxury Restaurant and we choose Circle in the La Residence d'Angkor Hotel, just one word to say about this restaurant is EXCELLENT. New Chef, new Menu, New style, beautiful decoration and.... perfect food. I had Chicken dishes for my main course and Chocolate Fondue for my desert...Don't have enough words to say about chef's food.. Love it very much and we definitely come back next time. High recommend this restaurant.

Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent touch...xx”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our family went for dinner at Circle Restaurant without staying in La Residence dAngkor and it was not a daywhere they have Apsara Show. Great atmosphere and nice touch of the decoration and more important is the food.. I don't have enough words to say about the Chef's Menu. He has done well his job. I have chosen Kunlen Stone which is a set menu of different Khmer dishes served on one platter at the same moment and my sister had Beef Carpaccio for her starter and Young Khmer Chicken for her main course. It was absolutely perfect and we all choose Chocolate Fondue for our desert, which was recommended by one of the previous reviews. All in all, we love Circle.. from the services, foods and ..everything We would recommend this restaurant to all of our friends

Pattaya, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifique”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Magnifique! Amazing gastronomic restaurant 2 kind of food khmer and western, nice ambiance and traditional show nights tuesday thursday and saturday, 1 star michelin star - only wish I could enjoy this quality on a more regular basis