“Excellent people, excellent rooms, excellent hotel!”

Siem Reap Riverside
Ranked #178 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We switched hotels in Siem Reap in favour of better rates and amenities. This hotel was our best choice by far. The walk into town is a slightly longer journey than others by foot, but it's still only a 10 minutes walk. If you love pancakes, the breakfast which is included, Siem Reap Riverside make the best banana pancakes in South East Asia!! We stayed for nearly 2 weeks, and had a blast. The pool is fantastic after a hot day at the temples and the staff go out of their way to help you out. I try and be as neutral as possible and mention some negatives, but there aren't any about this hotel. It did flood while we were there, so the power was out for a few days, but that was beyond the hotel's control and they handled it very well. Thanks a bunch Siem Reap Riverside!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side when facing the building have a good view of the pool, but mornings are a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freewaydesigns

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Mailin, the hostess of Riverside is most accommodating, warm and welcoming young lady you could hope to get! I stayed there initially for 2 days and loved it so much I stayed for 9 nights in total... I would recommend staying at Riverside strongly. Helpful, lovely and great rooms! And the new pool I just what you need after a long day exploring the town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Waited to write this so I had better perspective...
Still dissapointed!
My flops dissapeared from the huge shoe rack outside the front door. I like the idea, my apartment is a shoe free zone, but this is a hotel not a house. Should have taken them with me I suppose. Doubt it was nefarious, but still a pain. The stuff sacks for my sleeping sheet and travel pillow also vanished in our two days, undoubtably accidently grabbed during room cleaning, but again, unforchunate!
Wifi doesn't work in our room. Breakfast was government cheese omlette with bread and fanta... Not what I'm into, but the fruit was good. Charged us $9 for a local bus back to phnom penh, maybe that's the going rate, but seemed steep. The staff did make quite a few calls to find us a bus, as we booked it last minute, but the price never changed even as we went from mini van down to the dregs...
The pool is amazing!!! But "you have to wear underware." Even if you have on boardshorts. I thought this was hillarious actually, that will provide a joke everytime we go swimming from this point on, probably worth the cost of my lost gear right there! Eventually the guy gave up and let me keep swimming.
Location is good. On the river, couple kilometers from the heart of town.
We heard lore of a place called motherhome... But this place was nice, felt safe, just lost mire things than the rest of my time combined.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank YSOhioRoots
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Though I usually go a little lower end since I prefer to spend my travel dollars on food and activities, I am very glad I stayed at Riverside in Siem Reap. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and the view from the third floor is lovely. It is a little off the bustling center so it is quiet, but it is an easy walk to food and everything else. But that is nothing compared to the wonderful staff, who really treat you more like an old and respected friend than a faceless guest. I really love this family and all their employees. They were so kind in setting up rides and making sure I was happy and taken care of. I had the best conversations with them! Go there! You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank KhunKru
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed here a week. The location was good (walking distance from the center, tuk tuk for 1 dollar), rooms were excellent and clean, and there's free breakfast at the top floor. The staff is friendly and helpful.

We liked the personal atmosphere: the owner and his wife are always around, ready to help you (or even to drive you themselves to the Apsara dance show!)

We had a great experience here and would definitely go again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frederikdb
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Just 10 minutes walk from the market and a further 10 minutes to Pub Street. This hotel is in a great location. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Always greeting you and willing to assist you.

We got picked up from the airport by a hotel Tuk tuk and then had them for the next 3 days. He recommended places to see and eat and arranged our bus tickets. He and the other staff where especially good with our child (as where all Cambodians). He almost cried when we had to leave our tuk tuk driver.

The rooms are spacious. No TV. Breakfast on the roof top was great. Good price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank aussieAl_61
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We intended to stay for a few days and ended up staying for a week! The hotel is very clean and great value for money. The free breakfast is delicious and free use of their computers downstairs (or you can use your own and their wireless) is a real bonus. The staff are so friendly and happy to help, we were ill and they really helped us with medicines and advice etc, also on our last day we overslept and they even came to knock on our door to make sure we didn't miss the bus... AND they'd put a take away breakfast in a bag for us!! Would go back there in a flash.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple