“Car from PP to Siem Reap”

Golden Banana Boutique Hotel
Ranked #120 of 485 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Car from PP to Siem Reap”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Golden Banana were extremely helpful in organizing a private car to pick us up at the PP airport and drive us to Siem Reap. The driver drove safely and the price was more reasonable than a lot of other Hotels/ agencies we asked.
I would definitely recommend them!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wih atmosphere, smiling staff, quiet corners, great breakfast eggs and something magical with local character combined with creature comforts -this is the best place to stay. I've come back with groups of friends for 3 years now and recommended the Golden Banana to the descerning travllers who know how to mix local with modern.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lillestrom, Norway
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was a secluded spot in SR. The staff did not know what good they could do for you. I stayed in bed & breakfast. Room not very big but good bathroom. The room was a little run down and could do with some remodelling. The place was great. Good size pool, wonderful breakfast. Just a few minutes to walk into central Siem Reap. It is like a hidden oasis in SR. Could absolutely recommend this place to anybody, but pay a little extra and go for superior hotel.

1 Thank Tom A
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed 4 nights this this lovely place and would highly recommend!! Staff were very friendly and helpful at organising trips. We organised a pick up from bus station and tuk tuk for the temples all with a great experience, they also helped organise a taxi we needed for when we arrived in Phnom Penh to Sihankouville.

The room was great, fresh towels and cleaners came in everyday. Air conditioning also very nice in the heat. I was travelling with a friend we had booked a twin, which came with one double and single although the single was more life a 3/4 bed.

The place gives a small cosy feeling, although I think there a quite a few rooms as seems to have expanded from the main restaurant/pool. The pool is very clean, and perfect for relaxing around after exploring the temples. Breakfast was basic but good, some kind of eggs with bread and selection of fruit, juice and coffee.

Location was great for us, just a little out of town about a 5-10 minute walk so all the goings on are not far but you avoid the noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Many folks have praised the staff at the Golden Banana so I won’t engage in general platitudes. Here are a couple specific examples of why the staff is so good. First, both the owner and general manager are knowledgeable and professional, and this trait extends to staff. Staff members at the GB go through extensive, ongoing training, which shows. When you arrive, the person at the desk takes time to tell you about the hotel and shows you how things (aircon, lights, safe, etc.) work in room. Many staff members speak English, which is helpful during meals or in setting up excursions.

Second, several staff members have been with the GB for a long time. For example, our driver, Mr. Raksa, has worked for eight years, and he was a gem. He quickly learned about our interests, and went out of his way to make sure we were taken to places that matched our interests. We usually went out in the morning, and then swam in the afternoon. Every evening, he would stop by to make sure we had a good day.

Finally, we sensed a genuine friendliness from the staff at the GB. We stayed for eight days so many became familiar with our comings and goings, and greeted us warmly whenever we returned from rambles or tours.

Other reviewers have praised the good quality food, salt water pool, cleanliness, and rooms. I echo their praise.

Room Tip: We liked the second floor of the resort, overlooking the pool, but that is a matter of preference...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked a room at Golden Banana onlne and I had to make several last minute changes. The staff accomodated all my requests and were prompt in responding via email (probably withiin 24 hours). Since I was on budget, I chose to stay in the least expensive room and it has met all of my needs. The room could easily accomodate two people. It was very specious and nicely done without too many frills, but it had a working AC (quiet!), fan, comfortable bed, nice bathroom (although I always used outdoor shower by the pool). All of the staff tried to accomodate all of my requests (modified the food to be to my likeing, indulged my request for extended stay, late checkout, etc). Another service, that I wish I had used more rather than trying to do it on my own, is that any recommendations for local transportation and tourist guides that come from Golden Banana meet the highest standards and will help you avoid hustle and inevitable negotiation. Again, I have to emphasize how friendly and accomodating all of the staff of the hotel is. This is based on my extensive travel in both budget and five star hotels in the USA, Western and Eastern Europe and some travel in SE Asia. I will be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: Despite the fact that during the hotel the area by the pool can get bit busy, at night it seemed tha...
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed five nights in the B & B in November 2012 and had a great stay. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed visiting with them each day as I came and went. The hotel is located on a quiet side street yet is very close to the old market and Pub Street - only a five minute walk. They arranged my pick up from the airport and lined me up an excellent driver for the several days I was there and we got to be good friends. They have a nice breakfast in the mornings and I enjoyed sitting by the pool early in the day eating, drinking coffee and planning my day. And after a long day exploring temples and the jungle it's great to relax with a book and some ice tea by the pool and have a swim between chapters. They will arrange excursions, bus tickets, transportation - the works. They have extensive knowledge and freely share it. They went out of their way to make my stay a wonderful and memorable one. There was a slight misunderstanding about my arrival date but they solved it with absolutely no hassle. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I've been to Siem Reap four times and each time have tried to stay here but they were always full - until this last trip when I got on the ball and made my reservations as soon as I knew my dates.