“Disappointing stay”

New Riverside Hotel
Ranked #186 of 341 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As I was on a package tour, not sure how much was the rate, but our package certainly wasn't cheap. Room was a little run down and water doesn't flow in the tub, my roommate and I ended up standing outside the tub to bath as the water was accumulating in the tub! Hairdryer is available on demand but on the first two nights we stayed there, all were loaned out! (Only 4 available in the hotel) Breakfast is basic and bread is q delicious. However, one morning my roommate took a butter and realised that it was unsealed and half filled only! Staff is polite and helpful though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Sanur, Indonesia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the New Riverside Hotel for 4 nights. I absolutely loved it!! Not only are the rooms very nice and clean, also the food is brilliant and the staff ever so friendly and helpful. The location is quite good too, it's an approximately 10min walk to the Old Market and Pub Street. And all this you get for a reasonable price. I would recommend it to all my friends.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Perfect hotel for just 20$ per room per night. My tuktuk driver brought me to his hotel after a horrible night in another hotel in Siem Reap. When i stayed there i had the swimmingpool just in front of my window. Very spacious and clean rooms with good bathroom. Hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Wifi available throughout the hotel, but sometimes it only works in the lobby. Free tuktuk provided from this hotel to city market (one way).

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank PukvandePetteflet
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

A beautiful hotel with fantastic staff. A pool to die for with a bar close by. The timber work within the hotel is breath taking. Rooms are magnificient and I will definately stay again. I highly recommend this establishment to any Cambodian traveller.

Room Tip: Look first if you wish but you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

New Riverside is nice hotel locates just 700m away from the Old Market or Pop Street area. The hotel with reasonable swimming pool, different type of rooms that with reasonable rate that would made your stay comfortable and helpful. The staffs are friendly, helpful with warmth greeting from afar when they see guests walking in. I would recommend New Riverside hotel as your home afar while you are traveling to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Corer suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wow. I have been traveling to Siem Reap a lot in the past 3 years and each time have had good value and service in accommodations, but this last trip a friend referred me to the New Riverside Hotel - to be brief, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the future. Try it for one night and make sure you bump into Lee In, one of the maids - if her smile doesn't reconfigure your DNA, then you aren't human.

I just think this place is champagne on a beer budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rick_Wakeman11
Chomnan C, Ecommerce Manager at New Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2017
Warmest greeting from New Riverside Hotel,

Thank you very much for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other traveller. So I really appreciate your positive feedback about New Riverside Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner.

Please reach out to me directly at booking@newriversidehotel.com if you would be willing to stay with us again. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
Best regards,
Chomnan
Ecommerce Manager
booking@newriversidehotel.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We spent 3 nights here after being 'sold ' it on a bus! About 10 min walk away from main town, old market etc - it was amazing. We paid $20 for a double room including breakfast and a lovely pool area. friendly staff, super room with air con, very comfy bed. I think the price fluctuates a lot so check this carefully! We also went at end of July so low(er) season.
Ask for Prin, nickname Ra - tuk tuk driver. he gave us a wonderful 3 days!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple