“a must do”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Hull
“a must do”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Having read previous reviews we decided to give it a go tonight. The food is fantastic, great price and clean and very friendly. Food is well presented and the portions are great. We found d Hyatt that one appetizer is enough for two. If you order spring rolls for example you get four huge ones. All the family are attentive and give advice on what to eat should you need it. Downside is the road as suggested early. Our taxi would not come back for us so the restaurant owner asked his brother to take us back to the hotel. We have never seen pot holes so big and deep!!! But don't let it put you off. There were some tuk tuks that who ventured along the track with other guest but I suggest wearing something you don't need for the rest of your holiday due to the mud and slush after the rains. Please try this restaurant and have an adventure , you won't be disappointed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Super snapper”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Wow! We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at
Touich and all I can honestly say the food was the best I've eaten in a long while. They kindly collected us from our hotel which I'd recommend as it's quite a bumpy ride and the weather wasn't the best. The setting is quite simple so don't expect The Ritz and give your ankles an extra squirt of insect repellant. My husband has a variety of allergies and they took these into consideration and ensured the grill was changed for his steak. I had the red snapper which was unwrapped (from the banana leaf) and filleted at our table by one of their amazing staff. I have no idea how they made what was in essence fish and rice taste so delicious. All the staff we encountered were delightful, polite and spoke very good English. If I'm ever lucky enough to go back to Siem Reap I'll be heading straight back to Touich. If you're thinking about going lucky you- enjoy!

1 Thank carouselgirl1971
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Outstanding food and service.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were told this was a family run restaurant and well worth a try. We thought it was near the Old Market and Pub Street but it was actually several Kilometers away. It was dark and raining and the dirt road was full of water filled pot holes and in between was slippery mud. The streets were unlit and we thought our tuk tuk driver was lost ...... but we arrived at the small establishment in good order. We figured the food needs to be pretty good to justify getting to the place. Well..... they did not disappoint us. The food was superb. My wife had the Jumbo prawns and I had the chicken fillets. Both were wonderful. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the service was great. We highly recommend Touich Restaurant.

1 Thank JohnandTai
Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
“Get away from Pub Street!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

What a gem of a restaurant! The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and professionally served in a family setting. The mains were a great value for the quality of the ingredients--there was a lot of care in the preparation and presentation. Yes, the trip to the restaurant was bumpy, but it was worth it to get away from the hustle and bustle of the old market area. We enjoyed the enormous filet, scallops, braised eggplant (surprise of the night!), banana flower salad, Khmer cakes, lime ice cream, and a bottle of wine for less than $50...Our only regret was that we didn't get the chance to explore more of the menu--if we went back, we would definitely want to try the 'family dishes.'

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“An oasis with delicious food”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what were we lucky to have diner in this intimate restaurant. We experienced an unforgettable evening. Based on the superbe rating on Tripadvisor we had our hotel made a reservation. As an excellent service we were picked up by the owner in a 4WD. Make sure with your reservation that the restaurant picks you up, as it is a bit outside town and not easy to find. We enjoyed our conversation with the owner and in no time we arrived at the restaurant. The short road is bumpy only for the last 500 metres, so not that bad. The atmosphere is very nice, the decoration authentic. The staff speaks very well english and are very attentive. And then the food...our fresh spring rolls the best we had! It was not even a problem for them, to prepare two without shrimps, as my partner does not like them. As a main dish I chose their recommendation of King tiger prawns. Upon my question how they were served, they even cleaned them for me, so no fight with their shell (I was a bit lazy that evening). As dessert we ordered the assortiment of Kmer cakes. In combination with a white bourgogne wine we paid 56 euro. So good value for money and delicious food. A restaurant definitely not to miss!