“Tasty food, good ambience”
Review of AHA Wine Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

AHA Wine Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: Cambodian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Tasty food, good ambience”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This restaurant is funky and new and exciting to visit. We didn’t stray from the tapas options, because there were far too many that enticed us! There was a decent selection of wines and we spent a lovely couple of hours with friends, excellent service and food that we could not fault. It was a shame there were not more people there (although it was a Sunday night). It may not be the cheapest place in town, but it beat the price of anything in Sydney, and it was delicious!

• Visited December 2012

• Slovak first
San Francisco, California
“Good, but just good”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We ate at this restaurant recently.
We heard many fellow tourists and travelers mentioned this restaurant, and some felt the same as we did about it. The food was good, but not really good.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated, very modern-looking. The wine list was of the better ones I saw in Siem Reap. But the food was just good.
We wanted to have a "Wow, this is great!" food experience in Siem Reap...didn't find it here.

• Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Terrible and terribly expensive”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I had the displeasure of going to this restaurant last night. Calling it a bad experience would be an euphemism. For full disclosure, I've been professionally reviewing restaurants around the world and tend to say as it is. But i did not go there to review it, but as a husband.
But a shoemaker always checks someone's shoes. Force of habit. So here we go:
Let's start by saying that this was the most expensive bottle of water I've ever bought in my life, including Saudi Arabia and Sudan. And lets remember that high end restaurants - eg Fat Duck - provide it for free.
Worst, the Evian water (plastic bottle) it is not part of the menu and waiters seem to fill your glass every 2 seconds in order to keep you buying more water. So, when the bill finally comes, you realise that a single bottle costs twice the price of a beer. If this is the type of scheme better left to the tuk tuk drivers parked in front of the restaurant waiting to get whatever is left of your money.
Having a conversation is impossible (except if you want the waiter involved), because the waiters keep cascading water and asking whether you want another bootle. I thought I looked seriously dehydrated, until I realised what was going on. By then I was 4 bottles poorer and my children were no longer able to go to university.
The couvert, served to other tables, had to be ordered 4 (four!) times and when it came it was two slices of white bread. Toasted! I really should not have insisted.
We asked the small plates as starters. The only saving grace was the tamarind sauce of one of them. Everything else looks great but is incredibly boring taste wise. Even a A Big Mac would've been more interesting
The main dishes were not bad, but certainly not worth either their prices or my time. Again, very, very pretentious.
The pudding was awful. A deep fried wanna-be peanut and chocolate dumpling that was as hard as concrete served with a spoon and fork. Not even even a knife would cut it. If they want to serve it, a sword is in order. The milk chocolate simply did not work with the passion fruit ice cream.
The room itself looks good (definitely no connection to the local culture, though). It is clean and has a 1990s Ikea feeling to it. Maybe because of the lampshades. It is a matter of taste, but I find it totally passible.
It is extremely noisy, though. Somehow I became very aware of the sleepwalking problems of the young lady two tables away, and the encounters of the two gentlemen behind me. I just wonder how aware they became of my own existential problems.
And how on earth a restaurant that charges probably the most expensive plastic water bottle ever served puts cheap paper napkins as towels in its bathroom (yes, singular and in the middle of the restaurant), is beyond me. And do please ask someone to check the loo to be checked regularly. When boys and girls are sharing a loo, that is a must. Restaurant Common Sense 101.
Anyway, the city has incredibly better restaurants, much cheaper, that do not hide a 15% tax on the bill and where the food is actually tasteful. I would recommend you to try them. And if you still decide to go, at least take your own water with you.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Gus F
Manila, Philippines
“Great food, comfortable place and great ambiance”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This restaurant is located just beside Pub Street. It's air conditioned and has very nice ambiance. The cambodian tapas are all great! We ordered everything on the tapas menu. Main courses were good as well but their beef was not too tender. Wine selection is excellent and service was very good.

Visited November 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

While I love trying the local food this restaurant gave me western ambiance and certainly western twist with Cambodian flavours . I had the pork escalopes which were beautifully tender well presented and full of flavour. My husband had the beef salad , that was amazing, washed down with a super Malbec wine. Not massive portions but healthy serving.
Chocolate dessert was nice but brownie a little dry. Menu limiting, but would go back and recommend .

1 Thank Annette W