“Pleasant alternative to Asian Food... but know what to expect”
Review of Paris Saigon

Paris Saigon
Ranked #100 of 892 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nice, cozy, air-conditionned little restaurant offering finely prepared home cooking featuring French and Vietnamese cuisines. Refined yet convivial atmosphere. Perfect place for a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends. Excellent selection of French wines. The restaurant is opened every day from 11am to 10pm.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pleasant alternative to Asian Food... but know what to expect”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Intrigued by the fusion of Vietnamese/French cuisine and encouraged by the reviews, we headed out to Paris-Siagon restaurant. Would like to comment on several aspects of the restaurant and experience as follows:

Atmosphere - quaint, quiet, relaxed - a nice, completely indoor refuge from the busy street outside - we came in during a deluge and were pleased to enter through solid glass doors and sit in a cozy dining area

Menu - interesting selection of food that was either French or Vietnamese so we had our pick. I ordered from the French menu and my friend from both.

Drinks - try the Absinthe - very tasty and water poured over sugar cube.

Food - I ordered the Beef Bourguignon and while I was certainly not expecting Julia Child's recipe, I was surprised to receive a plate of what looked like Dinty Moore Beef Stew (minus the veggies and potatoes) on a bed of elbow macaroni. The meal was fulfilling and tasted fine...just not what I was expecting.

My friend ordered the Lamb Stew from the French Menu and received a fairly small portion of lamb with some potatoes and carrots. Seemed like a very small portion for an entree and tasted fine but not very juicy.

The Pho Beef soup she ordered from the Vietnamese menu was fine but not especially memorable.

Dessert - We ordered the blueberry tart and the Tiramisu. I am not certain but looks like the desserts were not made on site but perhaps ordered from another place? They were both fine but definitely not made recently.

All of the above is not to say that we did not enjoy our meal or the experience.The owner waited on us and he was very nice and helpful. The food was fine and the place was really very nice to hang out in. I just had a little higher expectations per the menu items and the price seemed a little high for what we had. I definitely think this place is worth one trip for some comfort type food but would not recommend it as offering authentic French cuisine.

• Visited June 2011

Seattle, WA
“Nice Atmosphere and Great desserts”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

In a country that doesn't do a lot of desserts, I must say it was nice to indulge ourselves with a great passion fruit and chocolate mousse, along with a blackberry tart.

My husband had the Paris specialty, which was roasted pork with potatoes and vegetables. He substituted the boiled potatoes for the homemade mashed and was not disappointed.

I had the steamed fish with mustard sauce and was not overly impressed. It was tasty no doubt, however there was a lot of sauce for the three pieces of fish. Also, a little color on the plate would have helped, as the fish was white, the sauce was white, and the rice was white. There were a few pieces of green but much more would have worked.

The owner was shy but very nice, the atmosphere is very relaxing and a great break away from the streets of Siem Reap.

• Visited April 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Great French-Vietnamese restaurant in Siem Reap”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This small quiet restaurant has classical music playing in the background, and starched white tablecloths setting off simple and classic tableware. The manager (French) runs the service and his wife (Vietnamese) cooks and serves. They seem like a very good team.

The menu features one page of French dishes, and another of Vietnamese. Neither are overwhelming in their number of choices - the main difficulty is choosing what to eat.

We had pho bo (traditional Vietnamese beef soup) which was delicious, followed by a house specialty I'd not had before: sticky rice, pork, fried Chinese sausage, shredded lettuce and nuoc nam sauce.

The wine list features French and other wines, including a handful by the glass. Very well-priced for the quality and style: a sauvignon and a cote de Rhone were available by the glass ($US3.50).

The room is air-conditioned. I think there are only seats for about 18 - 20 diners at five tables.

All-in-all, a classy intimate restaurant that I'd happily recommend.

rome
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a pleasant surprise!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We noticed Paris Saigon just passing by on a Tuk Tuk, we didn't know what it it was like but it looked friendly and cosy so we decided to take the chance....and as I said WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! Excellent food,service and atmosphere and a very friendly french manager.

• Visited March 2011
“Posh setting, Friendly staff”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Unfortunately we didn't get to sample any of their fancy French food as we were both down with food poisoning after the temple lunch we had at the Khmer Village Restaurant at Sras Srang from the day before. All we ordered were 2 pho bo and we were blown away. It was the best ....even better than the ones in Vietnam... The broth was rich and full of beefy goodness. Beer is tad more than usual, but worth every penny, it came in a cooler and chilled glasses. A plus point.... They only use mineral water to make ice cubes at this classy joint. Definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a romantic dinner or a change from the everyday Khmer fare.