“Great location, friendly staff-overall recommended guesthouse”
Review of I Lodge

I Lodge
Ranked #154 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Great location, friendly staff-overall recommended guesthouse”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

i'm has been there during last week. i had stay there for 4nights. There are several reasons that i recommended I-lodge to you all as your priority guesthouse during the period you visit Siem Reap:
1) I lodge have a strategic location which near with the night market, central market and even the pub street. you just walk around 5-15 minutes will reach to those destination with the nice night life there.
2) With the reasonable or even a cheap price for staying there. this is a simple but nice guesthouse. all the facilities can consider complete as compare with others hotel.
3) Friendly staff. the staff there are really friendly and helpful. They always with good manner and good service.
4) Free pick up service from airport is provided. it's make us more convenience.
5) I got ask for tuktuk service from the owner. they have arrange for us a very nice driver- Mr Tay. He really nice, friendly and patience. more of the tuktuk driver can speak English well,it make us easy to communicate with them. Actually we need to communicate well with the driver well by our own, like us,we will try to understand all the schedule we need to visit day by day. and the driver will let us know the charges from it. if the distance more far, the charges will be more higher, that's reasonable! i think!
But, if possible just hope that the lighting of the guesthouse can be improve, coz the hotel are a bit dark for me.
Conclusion, I-lodge guesthouse is recommended to stay if you wanna to having a budget and nice trip!

Room Tip: Room no 101is more dark,and more noisy if compare with other room due to that it near with the lobby...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LynnLim511

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having heard so much good review abt I lodge, I decided to try out that guest house. I spent 13 dollars per night. The location is wonderful - directly opposite central market, walking distance to night market & pub street. The room was spacious and generally clean. However there were disappointment. The bed sheet was not clean, there were stains on it. I requested for the room to be cleaned up the 2nd day, they just made the bed without changing the bedsheets. The guesthouse also helped me to arrange a tour guide for 2 days. However the tour guide they engaged was not professional as all, the explanation was so brief that I had to read up the lonely planet to understand more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Location is strategic. Walking distance almost can reach night market, centre market, old market. As mentioned by others, it provided comfortable accommodation with FREE pick up from the airport, FREE good nutrition breakfast daily, FREE ride on the bicycle and FREE one time half an hour massage for their guests.

I stayed in three-bed room. The fan is quite noisy but we used aircond. The room is clean and the bed is quite ok for me. Since the room is facing the road, hence you may expected some noise during busy hours.

If you need some planning, they can help to arrange tour guide and transport. Hence it is quite convenience,

As compare to my first trip in Siem reap 2008, where I stay in Bou Savy Guest House, I still prefer Bou Savy in my first trip. But since I-lodge is in town centre, I have nothing to complain about. If you prefer the house-stay environment or with bigger space budget inn, I recommended you stay in Bou-Savy.

There is 1 pizza restaurant next to I- lodge called PizzaHand, I always visit this restaurant everyday. The mini-pizza is great and cheap. We always order mini-pizza for the supper or during any free time if you lazy to walk out.

It have free breakfast but it still have room to improve. For reservation or arrangement, it seems a bit not well organize. It still have room to improve.

In conclusion, it is a good place to stay with helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Me and my friend's family had lovely stay in I Lodge guest house.We stayed in 3 nights and i can say this guesthouse is the best vaue for money, very comfortable, we all likes it so much. It located in the heart of Town, nearer to the night market,and 5 minutes walking distance to the night market and pub street, is a good choices. Our room size were good, clean, had nice room decoration, nice beds, clean bathroom, air condition is cool. It was recomended by a friend's friend visited here before in last year.
We had booked Mr.Borey(Owner) as our tour guide, he were guide us from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap for whole trip 5D4N, he and all their staff were very GOOD, nice, friendly and helpful. Their also provide us one time half an hour massage. I Can say, the service and serving from Mr.Borey was GREAT, we all loving their everything. Ever they give us a simple breakfast ,porridge, friend egg, bread , friend mee or fried rice, we all very enjoy its. Is simple and full.
Definitely we will stay here again if we visited Angkor Wat, Siem Reap.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed one night here and I can say among the other budget accommodations in that city I found this one the best value for money. Of course the asking rate was 20$ and when I tried to get the discount I was able to get the room for half price. SO for 10$ I have to say it was CLEAN. Staff are good. They prepare you breakfast for a very cheap. You can help yourself with bananas and tea and coffee.
I recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I Lodge provided comfortable accommodation with FREE pick up from the airport, FREE good nutrition breakfast daily, FREE ride on the bicycle and FREE one time half an hour massage for their guests. It was actually recommended by my friend visited Siem Reap before. It was located opposite the central market, and 5 minutes walking distance to pub street and night markets, very convenient and safe. Most important is the workers are very helpful, they recommend us places to visit and a VERY GOOD & hardworking tuk tuk driver named Atta (don't know the exact spelling) ,who drove us around Angkor for 3 days. The service was GREAT, should stay in I Lodge when in Siem Reap!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Brilliant people. From the first day I felt at home. I didn't have a booking and the receptionist welcome was superb. Everyday I have enjoyed the free bicycle, cofee, water and fruit. I don't have more for breakfast but people had nice breakfast for free. My room was just perfect, a huge bed, fride, wifi, tv and nice bathroom. New and nice furniture, and very well decorated,very clean. This is my fith day and I don't want to go. They are very nice, every one at this place made sure I new all I wanted to find out, they have spend hours explaning routes and all, just great. It is 5 meters from shoka m. Tep bus. Very convinient for my heavy luggage. I highly recomended,

• Stayed February 2012