“3 Star Gem”
Review of Parklane Hotel

Parklane Hotel
Ranked #143 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I found this hotel via Booking.com, I'm happy that I did & I'll use that search engine again.

I stayed here for two nights 17 th - 18th November 2013. By choice I prefer 3 star accommodation when I travel (3 months of every year), allows my travel dollar to take me further.

This hotel is a good-standard 3 star, but what turns it into a Great Place to stay is it's staff. The hotel's Customer Service Manager (I'm hoping that title is correct!) is a miss Ron Leat who has a team of really neat people, well-trained in customer service standards but with the additional traits of genuine personal warmth and concern. Miss Leat leads from the front in this regard.

My requests for a variety of advice and information were always sorted either on the spot or after immediate research. The tuk-tuk drivers they recommended to me were excellent; good drivers and good guides.

The room I had here was comfortable, clean and large. Air conditioning was quiet (that doesn't always happen with 3* !) and worked well. Great laundry service, cheap. Bathroom fittings good standard, plenty of hot water.
My one gripe, of sorts, is that the aging analogue TV was hiding its English-language news channel, I couldn't find it anywhere. Still, the free and clear Wi-Fi made that less of an issue in any case.
Have to say also that the pricing of my room was excellent, and breakfast (good, if basic standard) was free of charge.
My stay here was good experience, thanks to the staff. I will come back.

Room Tip: The website room descriptions are accurate and completely reliable in my experience. My room on the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Colin R

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Druing my recently trip to Siam Reap I stay in Parklane Hotel , is a good hotel worth the price and convenient to hang around the Angkor Night Market is nearby, the hotel customer service staff name Ron is helpful and can guide you the direction you want to go, overall is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AllenTang_99
Reviewed November 10, 2013

i was in Siam Reap last 28th-31st Oct 2013, I found that Hotel Parklane in Siam Reap is an ideal hotel to lodge in as it was near to Airport and the area where you can travel to Angkor Wat in 30 minutes, nearby Angkor Night Market and Siam Reap Art Center Night Market and Pub Street lots of fine dinning and drinks there. And the hotel Customer Service name Ron is very helpful and kind she can guide you to the direction of places you want to visit please find her for assistant in the Hotel .

Room Tip: Deluxe Room for 3 persons Single Room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John T
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I spent two nights in this hotel during our visit to Siem Reap in November 2013. The hotel is beautiful, very friendly staffs, clean and well kept hotel, nice location, tuk tuk guys were kind and very helpful. Also the room is comfortable. There's a convenient shop near the hotel. And Ron is great, very nice, the best staff ever. We felt comfortable to stay in the room to have good rest as we were both tired after spending one whole day in Angkor Wat. If we have chance to come back to Siem Reap, we'll definitely stay here again. In short, this is one hotel I would recommend to anyone:)))

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Tanachuuu
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Only one person trip.
This hotel room is clean and friendly staff talk shopping and restaurant.
TUK TUK driver is very kind.He took me at Angkor around.Shopping,drinking,lucy mall,
Breakfast is delicious.Cost performance is good.
I want to stay this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Takafumi K
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed in the hotel 4 nights. I arrived late at the airport, however that was no problem, since the hotel arranged a driver to pick me up from the airport.
The late check in was also no problem at the reception. The receptionist was very friendly and answered all my questions regarding Siem Reap and gave me some tips for my sightseeing the next day.
The hotel offers also different tours, by a tuk-tuk or by a car to the temples around Siem Reap. The driver could also adjust the route according to my wishes.
The breakfast is simple, only few choices, nothing fancy but enough to start the day. (It can also be arranged, to take breakfast with you on an early trip - sunrise at Angkor Wat.)
The people who work in the hotel are very nice and helpful. They take time to smile to you and all of them speak English and other languages.
I befriended a hotel employee, Ron L., who was always there to give me some tips on what to do and where to go and took. And she even thought me some Cambodian phrases.

All it one: a great place to have an easy, simple but nevertheless enjoyable and comfortable stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Affordable hotel with great staff. The location is not the best, but a $1 tuk tuk or a 10 minute walk will get you to the main tourist areas of town. Angkor Wat and the hotel's tuk tuk driver were incredible and cheaper than most of the other guys in town. Will stay here every time we come to Siem Reap!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family