“Worth your $”
Review of Parklane Hotel

Parklane Hotel
Ranked #153 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were here from 26 to 30 Nov.
My friend booked the hotel without my knowledge, so I must admit that I was a bit critical and worry about my stay there. But, I changed my mind soon after. Why? Let me start from the great to the not so great.

* The staff and the owner. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. They always ready to help in anyway they can, even at the wee hour. The lady owner, was also very friendly and cheerful. She chat with us and gave us information on what to buy and where to go!

* Location, location, location. Parklane hotel's location is perfect! Want to go to the night market/pub street? You can walk (10-15 min) or you can take tuk2 (around USD1). Want to go to Angkor Wat? You just need 15-20 min by car (you can also go by tuk2). Want to catch your flight back home? You just need 20-25 min by tuk2!!! Where else you want to go?

* The room. It has all the basic necessities. A bit old, but clean (which is what I valued most). The best part is....the free wi-fi in the room and the TV channels (you can choose from local station to HBO, Fox movies, ESPN, etc..etc).

* The breakfast....is very limited. But, then again...this is a budget hotel and you can always venture out to try the local breakfast!

In sum, I just enjoyed my stay here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tournesol08

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed from 11/18/12 to 11/22/12. Upon arriving, I received a nice refreshing drink. Rooms were clean with free Wi-Fi access. A major plus was to have internet access in the room. There is also a small fridge and basic TV. No safe in the room but I believe you can leave your valuables with the front desk. I would only say that you'll need to be aware that there is no shower stall in the bathroom as the bathroom itself is used as a shower stall. Just make sure to bring your own flip-flops (even flip-flops were provided in the room). Great continental breakfast in the morning with fruits, warm meals and juice. Staff is courteous and polite. It's only a 10 minute walk to Pub Street, the Night Market and restaurants within the city. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank 2Tour4Fun
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 10 nights and had a great stay. The staff where extremely friendly and available to provide answers to all my questions.  From my extensive travels throughout southeast Asia, this was the best budget hotel I've come across.  Big rooms with comfortable beds and showers are nice and hot.  The staff is what makes this place truly special, always smiling and providing positive energy througout my stay!  Highly recommended!!

2  Thank MGMenardo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed from Nov 21 to 29. I feel good.
1)TokTok Driver
Mr.Ka of the driver of the contracted TokTok. It is not only cheap but also he let me experience Cambodian style. For example, food and market et al.
There was value than I participate in a tour.

2)Service
Staff always say hello with good smile.They are not only that talk to "Where are you from?" willingly.
The room is large and beautiful.The cleaning is careful, too.Of course there is free wifi.
Furthermore, I let you take a shower even after checking-out.
There are many satisfactory services elsewhere.This price is satisfied very much nevertheless.

I like Parklane Hotel.
Thank you for Mr.Ka of TokTok driver.
I want to go staying Parklane Hotel someday.Mr Ka, please have me again then.

I recommend Parklane Hotel and Mr.Ka with my friends.
Thank you so much.

2  Thank アナキン8886
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A highly recommended hotel for your stay in Siem Reap!! I really had a wonderful stay at Parklane Hotel! The staff are frenly, approachable, polite & helpful (always with a smile from heart)! The Manager (owner) - Constant - is a wonderful & kind lady too!!

During my stay, I love the Cambodian Fried Noodles as breakfast so much!!! I expected to have it again in the next morning! However, the chef had a menu to follow & it's replaced by fried rice & others each day! Having missed it so much, I requested it from the Manager (Constant)! Guess what, she asked her Chef to fry the noodles specifically for me for my dinner!!! Can you believe it?? Ha!!! She is jz an AWESOME lady!!

She provided us with a lot of information about where to shop, what to buy & around how much to pay for the transportation or foods..!!! We love her so much!!!!

If I ever had chance to visit Siem Reap, PARKLANE HOTEL will always be my FIRST CHOICE!! Keep up the excellent service!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank laykin
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a pleasant experience at Parklane. Right from the start the staff provided a warm welcome by providing a small snack and a drink. They gave good suggestions on where to go and the prices you should be paying for tuk tuk rides, cabs, souvenirs, etc. Throughout my stay it seemed that the staff were constantly cleaning -- which equated to my room being squeeky clean. Overall, for the price I paid it was a great value.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank edwardb551
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for a month (October 12-November 10, 2012) and were very pleased with our experience. The hotel itself is a great deal for the money and in fact it cost us less to stay here for a month than to stay for 4 days in Bangkok! The hotel location is great, within walking distance to the supermarket and (if you feel like it) Pub Street and other tourist locations. The only downside to the location is that the street in front is dirt which results in a bumpy tuk tuk ride and, after an afternoon rainstorm, results in a sea of red mud. However, it is still a great value. One of the best elements of this hotel is the fabulous staff who are polite, extremely helpful, and 100% concerned with the comfort and experience of their customers. Ask for Sopheap Doung at the front desk is a gem (she arranged all of our excursions and bus trips for us and was genuinely happy to do so) and Sok Peng, the sweetest tuk tuk driver on the planet (I think he was convinced that the two Americans he drove around Angkor Wat were going to die of heat exhaustion so he plied us with water at every opportunity). Overall I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a great bargain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family