“Best in price and service”
Review of Parklane Hotel

Parklane Hotel
Ranked #134 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 10, 2012

stayed there for 2 nights and was very happy with both price and service.
They even offer half day rates, which was amazing!!
The staff at the reception were very helpful in arranging us transportation.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nikhil_b77
There are newer reviews for Parklane Hotel

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here at the end of July. We booked a deluxe double room and we got a triple room.

The room was reasonably nice. It was far from the fanciest hotel we ever stayed in but it was more than adequate. The room and bathroom were well cleaned each day. There was a small issue with the bath/shower where water flowed out the back between the gap of the back of the bath/shower the wall but we rectified this by putting a towel in the gap between the bath/shower and the wall.

We availed of the hotels free tuk tuk pickup from the airport to the hotel which was appreciated. The hotel offered a number of tour packages to see the temples at Angkor. These were reasonably priced and we availed of the 2 day tour of the temples by tuk tuk. We left at 9.30am which was a bit later than the suggested time of 8am but this did not make a difference as we finished our first days itinerary at 3.30pm. The second day we were told by the hotel receptionist that we would need to leave at 8am in order to see all the sights which were on the day 2 itinerary. I am not sure if we were quick seeing all the temples on day 2 but we ended up finishing at 2pm. We were meant to see the sunset on the second day but as we were finished early and it had started raining we decided to finish up early for the day. It cost $28 for the tuk tuk for the two day tour. The guide was extremely nice and helpful and even bought us some pineapple!!

The breakfast was a mixed buffet each morning and it was quite poor. The food was a mix of noodles/rice, some form of eggs, and other assorted items such as sweet bread, vegetables and pancakes. There was also toast available. Breakfast was supposed to finish at 10am each morning but one of the mornings we went down to breakfast at 9.35am and all the stands had been cleared and cleaned away. As a number of large groups stayed in the hotel and they were heading to the temples early in the morning one of the mornings we went to breakfast after 8.30 there was not a lot of items remaining and what was left seemed to have been there a long time.
The wi-fi connection was reasonably good apart from one of the days when it dropped out for a full day which was an inconvenience as we were trying to book flights home.

The hotel offered room service from the kitchen which we availed off twice. Each time it took over 45 minutes for the food to be brought to our room. Also we ordered the same dish twice and it ended up tasting completely different each time!

The hotel itself is in a good location and you could walk to Pub Street in about 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingciaran
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed in Parklane hotel 3 nights. Very excellent.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Reception speak English fluently.
Room is clean and mordem.
Free water, coffee and tea everyday.
They have many travel programes (ex: around the Siem reap city, visit to Angkor) which is cheap.
Location is good. It is from this hotel to pub street about 200m.
There is a problem with hot water in the bathroom. It is a small problem.
If I come back to Siem Reap, I will probably stay in Parklane hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mong Huyen L
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff at Parklane hotel are what make this place such an excellent choice. They are extremely helpful and friendly! They always have smiles on their faces and always offer advice and help.

I missed an outing my tour group was doing by a few minutes an they had left, the supervisor a lovely girl named Sopheap offered to ride with me to the location to show me where they were! The receptionist Bora also showed me locations where the locals go for nightlife and came out with me after his shift! The staff at Parklane genuinely are caring people and my experience there proved that!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank DeviantAJ
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came to Parklane after we had a bad experience at a crappy hotel in Siem Reap. The reviews raved about this place and they weren't wrong. Our room was very clean and modern- Air Con, cable TV, and the wifi worked very well. Bathtub type showers so the water doesn't get all over the place.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They helped us mail postcards, book tours, arrange transport to the airport, give us wake up calls, deliver room service, and tons of other things. We kept telling each other our entire stay that this was by far the friendliest staff we have encountered in our 2 months traveling Asia so far.

Pay for the breakfast when you book your room. We paid $2 extra for 3 of us to have breakfast included and it was worth it. Buffet style- eggs, toast, soup, fruit, coffee, tea and other assorted goods.

It's about a 15 min walk to the night market and pub street or a $1 flat rate for a tuk tuk. There are always tuk tuks outside to take you around andwill agree to the $1 rate. But if you leave the night market and get a random tuk tuk they will try to charge you per person, but do not pay over $1 total to get back to the hotel (or anywhere in that vicinity).

Room Tip: hotel has an elevator and wifi routers on every floor so I'd imagine any room would be great
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MoaniKeala87
Reviewed September 2, 2012

During my stay in Siem Reap, I was very happy to stay in the Parklane Hotel. The service from the hotel staff was excellent ! They make you feel really at home and help you in any way they can. The rooms are very nice, clean, comfortable and very big. The perfect place to relax after a day of temple seeing in Angkor. I would really recommend this to other travelers !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jelle S
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel with my family. The owner and staff were very friendly. I felt at home during my staying in Siem Reap. I was impressed with the receptionists who were also very good tourist's advisers. Tuk-Tuk service provided by this hotel was very excellent. All tuk-tuk driver here could speak English. I booked tuk-tuk for 6days. The driver, Mr Bunny (bunny.angkor@gmail.com), was very polite, honest and friendly.
The room was very good and neat. Bathroom was excellent and clean. Breakfast was average but it was not a big problem for us.
I think Parklane Hotel is the best budget hotel in Siem Reap. Definitely, I would stay here again whenever I visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family