“Excellent hotel with clean, comfy rooms and friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angkor Pearl Hotel

Angkor Pearl Hotel
Ranked #80 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
san diego
“Excellent hotel with clean, comfy rooms and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed at Angkor Pearl Hotel last August for almost a week during my visit to Siem Reap. After staying at a couple of hotels that werent so pleasant; at the same price, angkor pearl hotel was a welcome surprise. The rooms were clean, big, and nicely air-conditioned. The beds were also comfy and relaxing. The best part for me was that their bathroom is clean and modern like any you would find in the States. The staff was friendly and courteous, as was the owner Peter who was very accomodating. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any visitor to siem reap looking for a comfortable modern hotel at a very reasonable price. p.s.......for breakfast, they make a killer western omelet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank solidkhmerboi81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed here for a week in July. We had arranged to stay in a regular room, but immediately switched to the suite upon seeing it, for the great promotion rate of $25 USD. The room was tastefully decorated, spacious, extremely clean and had a super comfortable bed. Excellent shower/tub, wide selection of cable channels, surprise basket of fruits - don't think we could have asked for more! Location is convenient too.

What sets this hotel apart from all the rest is the personalised, genuine service. Peter and his staff are friendly, and communicating with them was no problem at all. They were all extremely helpful in telling us how to get around Siem Reap and what to see, and even gave us shopping/bargaining tips (either hit the markets in the morning or just before they close!). My boyfriend fell ill while we were in Siem Reap, and Peter really took care of us - offering to cook noodle soup for him, telling us what to do in case we needed a doctor etc. Together with the lovable and cheery tuktuk driver, Thean, Peter also took us out one afternoon to the local temples, to watch some English classes in action, to artisan workshops. They were also of tremendous assistance in helping us find and book a room to stay for the next leg of our trip in Phnom Penh.

I found myself missing Angkor Pearl upon arriving in Phnom Penh! My boyfriend and I enjoyed our time in Siem Reap very much, and it was made even better thanks to this wonderful hotel we called home for a week. Best of luck to the staff of Angkor Pearl - keep it up and keep smiling! x sam and julianne

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank juliannetan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

The hotel offered us a special offer upgrade when we arrived, so we therefore had a massive room for only $25 a night.

The bed was soo comfy, and it was a real pleasure staying in such a nice room.

The staff were very helpful and the hotels resident tuk tuk driver (Thiean) gave us a very good tour of the temples and provided us with lots of information.

Great Hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nelly289
SA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

We almost didn't book this hotel because we thought the reviews are to good to be true. I'm glad we booked Angkor Pearl now. :)
New hotel in a quiet side street, within walking distance to pub street.
Spacious room and large bed. Very comfy.
Also very nice bathroom. A small minus for hairs on towels on the first day.
The staff and their service was superb. Welcome drinks and laundry done within half a day. :)
They also recommended an excellent Tuk-Tuk driver for our day tours to the temples.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mercutioenroute
San Bruno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

I mentioned to a friend from home (San Francisco) that I would be visiting Cambodia in March of this year. When I said that I would be spending a few nights in Siem Reap, he quickly jumped at the opportunity to recommend Angkor Pearl Hotel. He spoke of the affordable rate, the convenient location, the very suitable accomodations and the friendly hotel staff. So I thought, why not? After a long bus ride from Phnom Penh, we were greeted by the hotel's driver, holding a "welcome" sign for us. Nice welcome = good sign. Upon arrival, we met the hotel staff, including the owner of Angkor Pearl. They greeted us with first-class hospitality. The accomodations were beyond my expectations. Our room was clean, spacious and well-ventilated. I'm very particular about bathrooms and showers and theirs went above my standards. We became good friends with the staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful, even showed us around during their downtime. I'd like to think we got the royal treatment :) I have no doubt that the next time I visit Siem Reap, Angkor Pearl is where I'll stay. I felt like I was at home, even 7,000 miles away.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Angkor Pearl was not my first choice, but it was the right one. It was walking distance from Pub Street and other shops while away from the noise which assured I had good sleep. The room was very comfortable with a big bed, cable tv, water, tea bags and a kettle provided. Staff were courteous and helpful in arranging packed breakfasts and giving me a wake up call when I had to leave early in the morning. It was definitely value for money and I would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dusk2Dawn
phnom penh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Because of the tourist attraction of the temples of Angkor, leading to the ruins of Angkor Wat, the province of Siem Reap has grown from a rural area into a tourist town. With hundreds of accommodation options, how does one choose? Referrals and recommendations are always the best. Our driver suggests we stay at the Angkor Pearl Hotel, just 10 minutes away from Angkor Wat.

Angkor Pearl is rated as the Top 10 Hotels in Siem Reap. Rooms range from single, double, to a suite, starting at an affordable price of $20. The rooms and suites offers air conditioning, hot water, cable tv-with over 80 channels, a mini refrigerator, bottled waters, and fresh towels. At the hotel lobby, guests can access free high-speed internet.
In the morning, guests can enjoy a delicious American breakfast. The menu consists of a Southwestern omelette, pancakes, bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, French toast, and toast, as well as the Asian breakfast of egg fried noodles and chicken fried rice. I haven’t tasted a great omelette, and this one wins the prize as the best in Cambodia.

After a long day of exploring Angkor Wat, guests can unwind at the trendy Pearl Bar, where cocktails and beers are served. Or just relax, while getting a great massage. After seeing the sites of Angkor Wat, Bayon, and Ta Prohm, and being on my feet all day, the long, hot shower felt good. Getting into the clean, fresh, white comforter reminded me of my bed in the U.S. I slept soundly the entire night.

The staff will ensure the guests receive a high quality service, along with a memorable experience. I brought my curling iron from the U.S. and the outlet was not compatible with my curling iron. I called the Front Desk, and they immediately brought me an adapter, which fits perfectly. Now that’s what I call service.

I highly recommend Angkor Pearl Hotel because of its exceptional customer service, along with the amenities of a world class hotel. You can discover elegance and hospitality at Angkor Pearl Hotel, at an affordable rate.

• Stayed August 2010