“Wonderful!”
Review of Angkor Pearl Hotel

Angkor Pearl Hotel
Ranked #91 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here!
Great location, Clean rooms, yummy breakfast and most of all great staff with lots of smiles and hospitality.
It was our honeymoon and we received great surprises and small but lovely service which made our stay even more special. Definitely will recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Angkor Pearl Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here for three nights without any major problems. Great location--about a fifteen minute walk (or five minute tuktuk ride) to Old Market / Pub Street / Night Market, which was just the right distance for someone like me who prefers to stay just outside the tumultuously touristy areas.

The staff was incredibly helpful arranging my airport pickup (free!), Angkor tours (~$30 for full-day tuktuk, including sunrise but excluding Angkor entrance fees), and Vietnam visa preparations ($70 for 3-day delivery, $80 for 2-day, $90 for 1-day). Some people behind the desk speak better English than others--but the occasional language barrier presented no problems.

Had no complaints about the room itself. Clean, comfortable, and wifi'd (some floors more than others). I didn't confine myself in my room too long as I was out and about most of the time--so I can't really complain about the lack of swimming pools, balconies, or common areas. Free breakfast was fine, especially when they served bacon. Would have been nice if they kept the coffee pot out for the entirety of the day, not just for breakfast. But this is a petty remark.

Room Tip: The lower floors have stronger wifi, if that's a concern.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our family of five really enjoyed this hotel. It was in a great spot, staff were efficient, friendly and very helpful. My husband and I had a suite on the ground floor which was very comfortable and roomy .. our late teen/adult children had a triple room on the top floor. They complained about the stairs and the lack of space in the room but who cares .. they were only there to sleep and the beds were comfy! The seating area at the front was a great place to enjoy afternoon drinks and watch the world go by. We stayed here at the recommendation of a friend who had been before us and I would certainly pass this recommendation on to anyone wanting to stay in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if you're not fit.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff, service, breakfast and bar area. The bed was nice and hard and the room had all we needed. The hot water in the shower didn't last long so we had to be quick with that but otherwise we had a very pleasant stay and felt very looked after. Before we arrived we emailed the hotel about the free airport pickup and they responded to us within seconds confirming they'd be there on our arrival. Mr Thean picked us up in his Tuk Tuk and advised on Angkor Wat Tour options. We did the small tour and Grand tour with him. Mr Thean had a wide knowledge on the temples and we really enjoyed his company. His full name is Vann Thean Rang if you'd like to book your tour with him. Both tours were great but we especially enjoyed the Grand Tour as it included the Banteay Srei temple which is about 40mins away in the Tuk Tuk but passes local homes, schools etc which were great to see.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ardilay
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed 4 nights. We were very happy with our stay. My husband was sick for most of our stay so I had room service for dinner for 2 nights. A little more expensive than the surrounding restaurants, but that's expected for room service. Our room was cleaned every day and we were given fresh towels every time. Our tuk tuk driver, Mr. Kun, was great. Although, the hotel website did say that each driver would provide you with bottled water and wet wash clothes, but he never had any - no big deal. The gift we got when we checked out was a nice touch. Would definitely recommend everyone we know to stay there while in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at Angkor Pearl Hotel for four nights and found almost nothing to fault--the room rate and food prices were affordable; the value for money was excellent; the airport pick-up was punctual; the location was good; the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable; the food was actually tasty; the service was great; and the staff in general were pleasant and helpful.

My only criticism relates to a dinner I had at a street vendor down the road from the hotel on my second night. A group of (male) hotel staff were also dining there; I do not know which departments they all worked for, but one was from reception and a few others were hotel tuk tuk drivers. They made what began as friendly conversation with me, but after they boasted about how much beer that had consumed, I turned away and continued the conversation I had struck with two other tourists. As I left after eating, the group of hotel staff made a number of lewd comments. I understand this was outside work hours for them; however, it is highly unprofessional for any business-/service-person to make such comments with a (new) customer in any setting unless that type of relationship already exists. I raised this in the evaluation form on my departure but have received no response from management--a far cry from various other hotels where much smaller criticisms were followed up within almost immediately.

I will probably stay at Angkor Pearl Hotel again given the overall positive experience; however, I will have to think twice about it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Filiae L
Reviewed February 26, 2014

There were three in our family traveling together and the hotel graciously provided an extra bed. There was a $5/n charge which covered the extra breakfast. The breakfast was fine, nothing to get excited about but perfectly acceptable and an easy way to start the day.The room was large and very comfortable with a large (for the region) bathroom with a full bathtub and shower - and yes, hot water! There is beautiful woodwork in the public areas. The only thing missing was a view from the window, but in this area there was not much to view. The area directly around the hotel is a typical mix of businesses catering primarily to locals. The location is about a 10 min. walk to the main tourist area. We typically enjoyed walking to dinner and catching a tuk tuk back in the evening. The staff were very friendly and helpful with decent language skills. I would stay here again for the value/ cost ratio.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family