“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #90 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hong Kong, China
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the first two nights of our holiday, and were delighted by its cleanliness and location. The staff were helpful and friendly, and readily assisted us whenever we needed it. We had free wi-fi, but never used it. Wall sockets are standard UK type, so we didn't have to mess around with adaptors like in the other two hotels where we stayed. The breakfast selection was pretty small, but with so many restaurants nearby (Sugar Palm is within walking distance, and the Old Market area is just a few minutes bike ride away) it wasn't a major issue. Bicycle rental shops are within a short walking distance from the hotel, which makes it very easy to negotiate a good price for a bike (pay no more than $1 for a flimsy special, or $3 for a Giant per day). I had an issue on the last night where I ran out of water whilst having a shower, which was a bit odd, but at least I had finished my shower when that happened. No mosquito either! Within a couple hours of moving into the next hotel, we had considered moving back to Angkor Pearl again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nilleh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days. When i arrive, staffs offered me with cold towel and welcome drink. I was offered a room at the ground floor. Wifi signal is very strong, and room is spacious. Aircon is working fine the whole time, which is a life saver for someone who is out the entire day in the humid Siem Reap. Hotel staffs are very helpful. When i arrive, it was off peak season so there are no direct coach/bus going to Sihanoukville. I asked the staff to help me book for a coach before I left the hotel for my temple tour. When i arrive in the afternoon, they already have my ticket. :)

One area for improvement though is the bathroom. It looks a little dark for me. Maybe more lights so it will be less scary :) I don't know if it was just me, but i don't feel comfortable using the bathroom because it feels eerie so i need to leave the bathroom door open ahaha. Good thing i was alone in the room. But if you would be able to stand the eerie feeling, then feel free to enjoy bathtub with warm water.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is fantastic value very clean and very nice. Is well located close to a nice restaurant and other amenities. The hotel staff are very friendly and very helpful. It's hard to say if anything is missing because I don't think it is. The requirements of this entry box however require me to go on and on. I wonder how close I am to the 200 character minimum. By the way, this is the second time I have completed this form as the first time it was not possible to to choose a month from the date selection box. I'm working on an iPad and now I am completing this in Safari. The other interface on the iPad does not work properly. Please delete any of the text which is not relevant to the hotel review upon correction of programming error. Best regards

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Big and clean room, reception tries to be nice (and sometime succeeds ;)). Comfortable internet, nice restaurant but overpriced (there is a very nice Vietnamese one just down he road), try the mocktails during happy hour :) We booked the tour to Angkor with them and were quite satisfied, though we assume you can get it cheaper. Don't trust their statements about availability of transport to the border, book in advance. Check everything you ask twice (we got pork in the sandwich after stating we are vegetarians...)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eva K
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights.They helped us to pack breakfast as we need to leave the hotel at 530am for sunrise and Indiana Jones temple. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and all basic amenities are provided. The only minus points are unstable wifi and there are no elevators. Will stay at this hotel again when I go back to Siem Reap

• Stayed October 2013
Malaysia
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

35usd for a triple room with clean bed, clean room and breakfast is too worthy! Tuk tuk from / to airport is complimentary. You can also book the tuk tuk to the attraction places with roughly 15usd per day. The tuk tuk will wait for you the whole day. From hotel to the pub street, centre market is 2usd. Breakfast is ok. The only thing that missed out is lift. We have to climb 4 level to reach our room. Wifi is free! Yea, a worth price I personally think.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Located near the center of the little town with the Night Market and main street a walking distance. Hotel had a large room and very friendly staff .. especially the receptionist Ms Chea Moniroth who can speak English and the bell boy Mov Sons

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet. Choose one on the ground floor to avoid a climb.