“Siem Reap”
Review of Angkor Pearl Hotel

Angkor Pearl Hotel
Ranked #96 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Why should you try Angkor Pearl Hotel in Siem Reap?

1. Location
The hotel is just 10 minutes walk from Pub Street where you can find restaurants, souvenir shops, banks, spas, convenient stores, bars etc. There is a small store near the hotel just in case you want to buy small stuff like cigarette, candy and lighter. If you cross the street, you will see a shop where you can rent bicycles and motorcycles. Tuk-tuks are everywhere.

2. Service
The hotel attendants are nice and they can communicate well. They are very helpful and they smile a lot. One night, my friends and I had a problem with the AC, the room attendant literally ran to our room to assist us. Fast service, very courteous ^^

3. Room
We stayed in a deluxe room for two + extra bed. Bed is soft with comforter and pillows. There's a TV with cable, small ref, plate of fruits, drinks (coffee, tea, water) and electric kettle. A huge cabinet good for 3 people, extra chair and table. The AC is good (but had small glitches during our first night). The bathroom is clean, available with everything you need like shampoo, soap, clean towel, toothbrush and toothpaste (I recommend to bring your own toiletries if you're sensitive with other products). Wifi and safe box available.

4. Others
The breakfast is incredible, they change main courses everyday.
Computers are available too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Janu-Rey S

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. I agree that the wifi was frusterating. The best part about the place we found though was the Tuk Tuk driver out front, Mr. Thean. He really made our days exploring the Angkor Temples wonderful. He loaded up cold water and moist towels to battle the heat and spoke great english to give us a run down on the best of Siem Reap. Thank you Mr. Thean!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Angkor Pearl
A Pearl at Siem Reap
Angkor pearl hotel surpassed our expectations. It was located in a quiet street but very near the main road and 7-10 mins walk to pub street and night market. Everything is within 5mins walking distance (bank, Lucky mall, KFC, spas), but the street is not too busy and noisy. They dont have a lift so those with problems going up stairs should stay on the ground floor but the staff are there to help you with your bags. The rooms were spacious, beds comfortable and furnishings consistent with its old khmer motif. You get a welcome drink, a fruit plate in the room, complete toiletries, fresh smelling towels, compli bottled water, coffee and tea and a pair of rubber slippers. There was a ref, TV with cable and the AC worked fine. There's wifi and 3 computers at the lobby. The bathroom was clean although a little old. the bath tub had scratch marks and the shower curtain should be changed. Unfortunately there was a construction ongoing at the building beside the hotel that you could hear the metal works during the day. The staffs were very courteous and friendly. The breakfast was impressive for the price we paid with soup, bread, butter, jams, eggs, rice, pancakes, several main courses, fruits and flowing juice, tea and coffee. they changed the main course every day. They have their own tuktuk and a car with driver that you can hire. I think the best asset of this hotel is their resident driver Sam. He was very nice and very fluent in English. He picked us up from the airport with his camry, brought us to the hotel and took us to pub street. The next day, he took us on a tour to all the temples with free ice cold water and towels in his car, then he took us to a restaurant for lunch, brought us to a dinner place and back to the hotel after dinner all for $25 for 5 persons! He even arranged for our taxi to Phnom penh and reserved our bus ticket from PP to Ho chi minh. The best cambodian i ever met at a great hotel in siem reap.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank traveldoc298573
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Spent four nights at Angkor Pearl Hotel recently. The hotel was more than satisfactory, but had a number of small issues that could be easily fixed to make it better.

The best part of the hotel is the rooms, which are large, very clean, and comfortable. Good A/C and modern bathroom. The employees in the lobby are also very friendly and helpful.

But, the wifi was frustrating. It made you log back on every time your iPhone or computer becomes inactive. This makes communication difficult if you're using iMessage/email to communicate with friends or family in the hotel or elsewhere. Also, the bathroom towels were of such low quality that they reminded me of T-shirts. Finally, having traveled to a lot of places similar to Cambodia where bargaining is part of life, I expect my hotel to help me not get ripped off unknowingly. Instead, Angkor Pearl facilitated me paying tuk tuk rates well above market rate. Thankfully, I was visiting a friend who is teaching in Siem Reap who was able to tell me that I was getting a bad deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

When I left the hotel, I felt like I was leaving my home and my friends!

The hotel is cheap, well located, wifi is good, the room was pretty nice, the bathroom too, the staff is the most friendly I had ever seen in my life.
The reception is very pleasant, (free drink, free fruits the first day!) also free water everydays.
Thanks to Danoch (!) she was very very helpful and nice! very professional!
I'm so grateful, I'll never forget her!

there are always some tuk-tuk in front of the hotel, if you want to go to pub street (angkor, or elsewhere). it's very convenient.

Next time I have to come back to Siem Reap, I'll stay at this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Maxime G
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We book 2 rooms online. When we arrived at the bus station, the tuk tuk driver was there to pick us up. When we reached the hotel, our luggages were taken care of by the doorman. Welcome drinks and cold towers were served. Rooms was ready and a welcome letter with my name was inside my room. There is also a plate of fruits and 2 bottles of drinking water free. The room is big and good shower. All the staffs were very helpful and friendly. We even had a free souvenir when we check out. Good location, just a few mins away to the pub street and many shops along the way. Will definitely recommend to all my friends. Thanks to all the staffs and hope to be there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rongsoon
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Flight arrived: tuk tuk pick up me on time -thank you mr.Khon
staff Very helpful.Unforgettable experience.
Defenately recommend to my friends.
Very very welcoming.
Hotel condition Nice.affordable-good price.
Highly recommend to budjet savvy.

Room Tip: hotel is very to near to all top 10 attractions in siem riep. rent bicycle for 2 dollars.worthwhile...