“lovely!”

Ranked #90 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Warsaw, Poland
“lovely!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Me and my relatives stayed there for two nights. I like decorations in nice interior and spacious rooms. Fantastic breakfasts and polite staff. Location is convenient for sightseeing. Will stay there in future again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wanda O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Staff at Angkor Pearl are very friendly and professional, they really made our stay there very comfortable. The hotel's tuk tuk driver was very friendly and kind, he picked us up from the bus station and took us out on a tour of the temples and city. The food at the hotel was also very tasty, we pretty much had everything needed at the hotel. We have no complaints at all about the hotel and would recommend others to stay there, if they find their way to Siem Reap. It was just too bad our stay there was short.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scott P
Reviewed January 27, 2013

a lovely hotel with a nice building and helpful staff. the rooms were tidy and clean, . their services can compete with 4 or 5 star hotel. there is no elevator though so if you have a problem with stairs make sure you ask for a room on 1st or 2nd floor. the staff were helpful on carrying the luggage up and down the stairs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mahsataheri
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were treated like royalty with all the staff coming out to welcome us, smiling and bowing. The room was lovely, everything we needed. Wonderful buffet breakfast and we could order a packed breakfast the day we went out early to see ruins at sunrise. Fancy cocktails worth a try, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Julia G
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Angkor Pearl was such a lovely hotel. We stayed there for 3 nights booked the suites room it was clean, spacious and well decor "lovely" Their service was excellent from all their staff... nice and attentive to our needs. I felt like a 5star customer :) The bartender at the bar was pretty good at mixing drinks had a mojito and it was just like back in the states ;) For the price and service would definitely stay at Angkor Pearl again and would recommend it to everybody.

3 Thank Jett K
LPC
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were really excited about this trip since it’s our first trip to Cambodia. And with that said, I made sure that I was able to communicate everything that we needed for our stay (i.e. type of accommodation, tours, bus tickets) to Rattana, their “Front Office Supervisor”.

I started communicating with him way back in November. It usually took him 2-3 days to reply to my emails. I realized that it must be because of the numerous inquiries that they get every day, so I just took this in stride. However, every time he sends an email reply, he just answers my first or second question and replies with a cryptic “Thank you for your confirmation” - when I have not confirmed anything at all. But because of the good reviews, and because it’s the peak season, I decided to go ahead with the reservation.

Finally, when it’s time to finally say “Thank you for your confirmation”, I have not received any confirmation until 5 hours prior to our departure. I had to call them up again to know if they’re expecting us. Then only thing I understood when “Chantal” and I spoke on the phone is “Ok, see you.”. And we “spoke” for 20 minutes.

Chantal was the one who welcomed us when we arrived in the hotel close to midnight. The moment the room reservations have been confirmed, I asked about the Giant Ibis bus tickets that we requested for. I specifically requested for this bus line because of its good reviews, and the high-speed wifi connection while en-route to your destination. Rattana said via email that “getting the bus tickets is part of their service” and that he can book it for me.

He then told me that it has already been taken care of and all we have to do is to be at the lobby by 1130am. Even though I did not feel comfortable not having the ticket with me before we went to our room, I relied on Chantal’s word that the reservations have already been made, and that it is Rattana who took care of it. I requested to talk to Rattana personally but I was informed that he takes the day shift.

Please note that they follow the UK / Europe system of floors here. I specifically requested for a 2nd floor room at the far end of the stairs. They gave me a room at the third floor instead, and the one closest to the stairs.

When I made an appeal, the irate staff told me “but we are fully booked. I can’t move you to another room!”. No need to be irate, really.

At least they have good beddings, the water heater worked well, and the wifi worked inside our room.

Walls are paper thin. If you’re a light sleeper, this place is not for you. Because the next day, we were awoken by the sound of talking / walking along the hallway, furniture being dragged around, & wooden drawers being hastily opened and closed.
When I called the reception at around 10am, nobody knew about the Giant Ibis Bus Ticket! They kept on saying “We will call you back after 30 minutes so we can make the reservation”.

Finally they called me back and they said that they “already took care of it”. When we went down to the reception, we were given a Sorya Bus ticket! Rattana even told me “It’s cheaper so it’s better”. He even said: “Everything is fully booked, you are lucky that we were able to get you a ticket!”

Clients should not be addressed in such an arrogant manner. If he needed the money to book the tickets, he could have just said so - I could have wired / sent him money for it. Or if he was not sure that he could do it, I really wish that he just told me so. I could have booked it on my own. And yes, I agree with the previous reviewer, they don’t know how to say sorry!

But at least “Paul” was nice. He helped me get a “credit card” and even helped me to top-up my Cambodian sim.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the stairs
2 Thank EYLAH44
PKP5701, General Manager at Angkor Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your most recent stay with us. We are glad you chose to stay with us and are sorry to hear you had issues during your stay with us.

First of all I do want to apologize if you felt our staff were not apologetic for the miscommunication. English is a second language so there may be some language barriers. During the time you booked with us we were understaffed and Mr. Rattana, Supervisor not Reservation Officer was the only one capable of handling it at the time.

We have noted your complaints and have set up a training session for all staff to follow certain procedure. We will focus on passing information, showing empathy to guests, and being able to communicate better with guests.

On behalf of Angkor Pearl Hotel, we are sorry again that you had to experience bad service which we usually handle very well. Please allow us another chance to show you the changes we will make if you come back. You can personally ask for me. Mr. Peter.

Thank you again for your candid review and we wish you all the best!

Best regards,
Mr. Peter Phoeng
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was amazing! The service was excellent! Staff were very very helpful. Breakfast was lovely. Massages in the rooms were so nice! It's close to the main area in Siem Riep. The rooms were clean and fresh.

Great service even after we checked out. They also kept our luggage until our midnight bus came to pick us up. LOVED staying here!

Room Tip: First floor twin room had a bath and shower. Second floor room had a more modern bathroom, but show...
2 Thank mgerb